Going to the Movies: past, present, future.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I'm going to watch the "Veronica Mars" movie this weekend. I have seasons 1-3 on DVD and have enjoyed them immensely.
As much as I love Veronica Mars the story in the movie was not movie worthy, IMO. But it was still as worth watching as any episode.

Did you know Christina Ricci was considered for the part at one point, before they settled on Kristen Bell?

As much as I love Veronica Mars the story in the movie was not movie worthy, IMO. But it was still as worth watching as any episode.

Did you know Christina Ricci was considered for the part at one point, before they settled on Kristen Bell?
I heard they tested somewhere like 400 girls for the part, and Kristen Bell four times before she got it. The CW was stupid for not renewing the show as its ratings were climbing.

Arthur Brain

Watched the BBC3 premiere of 'Drive' with an alternative soundtrack from a radio DJ and acts. I lasted about 15 minutes and just wanted the original back. A pointless exercise as the original soundtrack was an integral part of the film to begin with, even if most of it wouldn't be what I'd choose to listen to as stand alone tracks. I can't help but agree with the TV guide review that simply asked 'Why'?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The CW was stupid for not renewing the show as its ratings were climbing.
Wasn't it on before the CW was formed? It was on the WB for two seasons and UPN for one. They were both stupid not to renew it.

Have you read the book? It's a sequel of sorts to the movie. Written by the creator of the show, who was an author before he started creating TV shows [the original Cupid, with Jeremy Piven, was also his] and remained so after.

Wasn't it on before the CW was formed? It was on the WB for two seasons and UPN for one. They were both stupid not to renew it.

Have you read the book? It's a sequel of sorts to the movie. Written by the creator of the show, who was an author before he started creating TV shows [the original Cupid, with Jeremy Piven, was also his] and remained so after.
Seasons 1 and 2 were on the WB network. Season 3 was on The CW. It actually spanned both networks, but was cancelled by The CW.

My review on the Veronica Mars movie is very positive. Kristin Bell looks a little bigger in some scenes because she gave birth just two months before the movie. But it's Kristen Bell so who cares. The characters from Season 3 are pretty much all there. It was a very well done movie for such a limited budget.

If you buy the DVD like I did, you owe it to yourself to watch the special features. The movie is a great present to the many, many fans of Veronica Mars. Will there by more? I know I'd like to see more. I did notice the language being a bit more authentic, hence the PG-13 rating.

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Finally saw Godzilla. Immensely disappointed. Began well, reminding me of the way the first Star Trek established emotional gravitas, but then in short order Cranston is dead and the actor playing his grown son can't pull off a believable emotional connection and the film just dies on the vine except as an exercise of not that bad, if mostly murky night shots, CGI. I watched, but couldn't engage. Ah, well.