ECT God does NOT grant eternal life

Rosenritter

Never mind a thread, why are you on a Christian FORUM?
Whether this is a Christian Forum is up for debate. I am confused as to how or why you would continue to champion such an anti-Christian teaching such as "GOD DOES NOT GRANT ETERNAL LIFE."

John 10:27-28 KJV
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: [28] And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

1 John 5:11 KJV
And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

As to why I am on this thread of yours, morbid curiosity I suppose. Even your vented hatred at me doesn't phase me in comparison.

Cross Reference

Whether this is a Christian Forum is up for debate. I am confused as to how or why you would continue to champion such an anti-Christian teaching such as "GOD DOES NOT GRANT ETERNAL LIFE."

John 10:27-28 KJV
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: [28] And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

1 John 5:11 KJV
And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

As to why I am on this thread of yours, morbid curiosity I suppose. Even your vented hatred at me doesn't phase me in comparison.

I don't hate you. I pity you. You think you are alive but are dead. God cannot grant His life to dead people who have no capacity to even care to have it.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
  • Can salvation be lost?
  • Are works necessary for salvation?
  • Will the rapture occur before the Tribulation?
  • Should Christians eat "unclean" foods?
  • Should Christian observe the Sabbaths?
  • Is water baptism required?
  • Should Christians expect physical miracles to happen?
  • Are there still Apostles today?

[*]Can salvation be lost? It can be deferred.

[*]Are works necessary for salvation? No.

[*]Will the rapture occur before the Tribulation? No.

[*]Should Christians eat "unclean" foods? No.

[*]Should Christian observe the Sabbaths? Yes.

[*]Is water baptism required? Yes.

[*]Should Christians expect physical miracles to happen? Yes, and they do.

[*]Are there still Apostles today? No.

And now you know the NT truth.

Rosenritter

[*]Can salvation be lost? It can be deferred.
[*]Are works necessary for salvation? No.
[*]Will the rapture occur before the Tribulation? No.
[*]Should Christians eat "unclean" foods? No.
[*]Should Christian observe the Sabbaths? Yes.
[*]Is water baptism required? Yes.
[*]Should Christians expect physical miracles to happen? Yes, and they do.
[*]Are there still Apostles today? No.

And now you know the NT truth.

This New Testament passage seems to relate to your answers four and five:

Rom 14:1-9 KJV
(1) Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
(2) For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
(3) Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
(4) Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
(5) One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
(6) He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
(7) For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.
(8) For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
(9) For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

Can you show me where Gentiles are commanded to observe Sabbaths and observe dietary food laws? I know that those under the jurisdiction of Israel and the law of Moses had many laws to follow, but I cannot recall those being commanded of any Gentile.

Act 15:28-29 KJV
(28) For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
(29) That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Even the meats offered to idols was because how it might influence their conscience. The abstaining from blood was because of the symbolism with Christ's blood. Elsewhere Paul says that even meat offered to idols is acceptable depending on the conscience of him who eats.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Can you show me where Gentiles are commanded to observe Sabbaths and observe dietary food laws? I know that those under the jurisdiction of Israel and the law of Moses had many laws to follow, but I cannot recall those being commanded of any Gentile.

In the body of Christ there is no difference made with regard to ethnicity. What's good for one is good for all.

The seventh day of rest is part of God's creation just like plants and animals and people.

The weekly Sabbath foreshadows the mlllennial Sabbath. Those who don't keep the weekly will not be expected to keep the millennial.

The dietary instructions are for sanctification.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

People are free to esteem whatever days they choose. Some people esteem Kwanzaa, some people esteem Christmas, but not everybody esteems the same days. Esteem away.

But only God can make a day holy, man can't. We are instructed to remember the Sabbath to keep it set apart from the other days.

Only those who are persuaded to do so will do so, but it ranks with the other nine.

Rosenritter

In the body of Christ there is difference made with regard to ethnicity. What's good for one is good for all.

The seventh day of rest is part of God's creation just like plants and animals and people.

The weekly Sabbath foreshadows the mlllennial Sabbath. Those who don't keep the weekly will not be expected to keep the millennial.

There is no more need for ceremonial sanctification of the Jews from the Gentiles. Jesus revealed this to Peter. The usefulness and application of that symbol is past. The Gentiles are no longer unclean.

Acts 10:28 KJV
And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

The clean and unclean food laws represented the separation of Jew and Gentile.

Rosenritter

In the body of Christ there is no difference made with regard to ethnicity. What's good for one is good for all.

Along that same line of logic, the Feast of Trumpets foreshadows Christ's return, the Day of Atonement foreshadows Christ's reconciliation of the saints and the banishment of the devil, and the Feast of Weeks foreshadows the thousand-year long reign of Christ with his saints. Do you likewise observe these? What of the eighth day of that feast, the last great day?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The clean and unclean food laws represented the separation of Jew and Gentile.

Was Noah a Jew?

Genesis 7:2 "You shall take with you seven each of every clean animal, a male and his female; two each of animals that are unclean, a male and his female."

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Along that same line of logic, the Feast of Trumpets foreshadows Christ's return...

The Feast of Trumpets foreshadows the Day of the Lord.

Joel 2:1 "Blow the trumpet in Zion and sound an alarm in My holy mountain!
Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble for the day of the LORD is coming,
For it is at hand."

Joel 2:30-31 "And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood and fire and pillars of smoke.
The sun shall be turned into darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and awesome day of the LORD."

musterion

God does grant eternal life to anyone reconciled to Him anymore than He does not grant eternal death to those who die not reconciled to Him. It is what it is. Heaven is the is the only place a reconciled soul can go upon departing his flesh.

The soul of man is a completely independent entity when joined or apart from the body, desired by God to be in complete union with Him. No flesh can please God. When the soul of a man refuses to grant God His desire, God has no choice but separate Himself from it which leaves it in eternal despair. (cf Gen 3:21 KJV) God is bound by the demand laid upon Him by His own Holiness, i.e., no sin; unreconciled soul, can stand in His Presence (Ex 33:20-23 KJV).

So now the issue becomes, what happens to the 'everliving' unreconciled soul of man that when separated from its counterpart body which it was joined to until its physical death? "Then shall the dust [body] return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it." Ecclesiastes 12:7 (KJV) leaving the soul of man that cannot die to be atoned for lest it remain eternally separated from the presence of God to aimlessly ‘drift’ in the blackest darkness downward as being in a “bottomless pit” with complete sensation as to what is happening to it.

“And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the “bottomless pit”. Revelation 9:1ff (KJV)

I believe it is bottomless because God has made no place on earth to abide a ”falling” man seperated from his body, either in this life or the next. Hence, no contact, no remembrance of them in the new Heaven and Earth. (cf1Sam28:7)

"But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you". Romans 8:9-11 (KJV)

In this is the word death that should never be misunderstood to be a biological death where it ends in a sudden fashion but, a spiritual one that cannot ever end because of the make up of man’s existence decreed to be in the likeness of God and we know, God cannot die. Therefore, when speaking of death in man it is meant to be understood as a departure away from the presence of God not unlike Lucifer who was cast out of Heaven; away from the Holy presence of God.

Question: Did Lucifer actually die? No! Did his soul die? Yes. Does he still exist? Again, yes. But for Satan, there will no resurrection but eternal chains. His body is not a human body, not subject to decay.

Same as man. How come because his soul can't die and his body subjected to decay, resides in dust in the earth.

Why not ask yourself the question why God prevented Adam from eating of the tree of Life after he transgressed?

If I said that had he eaten of it would have placed eternal chains upon him and all his progeny; chains that could never be removed by God because he would have become as Lucifer and worse . . . . . Who is greater than God wnich would be needed to reverse it? There could have been no redemption for mankind, ever? Now re-read, “If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame Hebrews 6:6 (KJV), to see why the need to have Adam removed from the garden that he not eat of the "tree of Life".

Where could repentance [if possible] have stemmed when there would have been not even the slightess desire for it? “Vanity”, the law of the flesh, would have become the eternal god for all of mankind. Reconciliation with a loving God would have been impossible.

Now, bring this all up to the NT to understand what Jesus was attempting to convey to Nicodemus re new birth, for him to know and to understand the responsibility that would have been laid upon him upon receiving it, Paul was attempting the convey in Heb.6:1-6 KJV.

Jesus said: 'He who starts to build the house be sure to first count the cost to understand what the issues are if he doesn't'

Paul said Christ is the believer's life.

Christ is Life itself, eternal, as the Father is eternal.

Therefore, the believer has eternal life.

That's what it says. You'll believe it or not.

Rosenritter

Was Noah a Jew?

Genesis 7:2 "You shall take with you seven each of every clean animal, a male and his female; two each of animals that are unclean, a male and his female."

No, Noah was not a Jew. Noah was vegetarian before the flood and ate every animal after the flood.

Before the Flood:

Gen 1:29-30 KJV
(29) And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
(30) And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

After the Flood

Gen 9:1-4 KJV
(1) And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.
(2) And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.
(3) Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
(4) But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

Noah was given both the apple and the oyster alike as his sustenance after the flood. Sort of puts a perspective on things when you've been used to thinking as "Pork unclean" and telling yourself it was like that since creation... Apparently God had a plan for those animals later, but it wasn't for Noah then.

Rosenritter

The Feast of Trumpets foreshadows the Day of the Lord.

Joel 2:1 "Blow the trumpet in Zion and sound an alarm in My holy mountain!
Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble for the day of the LORD is coming,
For it is at hand."

Joel 2:30-31 "And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood and fire and pillars of smoke.
The sun shall be turned into darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and awesome day of the LORD."

Do you see some similarity between the scapegoat led into the wilderness by a rope under the hand of a strong man, and the fallen angel being bound into the pit by an angel with a great chain?

Lev 16:21-22 KJV
(21) And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness:
(22) And the goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a land not inhabited: and he shall let go the goat in the wilderness.

Rev 20:1-2 KJV
(1) And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
(2) And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

The scapegoat isn't slain, it is bound and cast out by the hand of a "fit" man into the wilderness, away from the congregation of Israel. The serpent isn't slain at that time either, but bound by an angel and confined away from the rest of humanity. If you see this so far, do you also observe the Feast of Trumpets and the Day of Atonement that you might also have right to participate in those days?

I would like to see how consistent you are with this. At the spot where I get a "no" answer I can go on to illustrate my point.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you see some similarity between the scapegoat led into the wilderness by a rope under the hand of a strong man, and the fallen angel being bound into the pit by an angel with a great chain?

Nope, Satan will die at least once and he could die twice depending on what he says and does when he is resurrected.

Only God is immortal.

Rosenritter

Nope, Satan will die at least once and he could die twice depending on what he says and does when he is resurrected.

Only God is immortal.
Who said anything about the devil being immortal? It does not say he is killed by being chained in the pit. The symbolism doesn't match. Chains bind, pits confine, but fire destroys.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Leviticus 16:22 "The goat shall bear on itself all their iniquities to an uninhabited land and he shall release the goat in the wilderness."

The scapegoat symbolized Jesus Christ bearing all sin to an uninhabited place.

The ultimate uninhabited place is the grave.

Last edited:

Rosenritter

Genesis 16:2 "The goat shall bear on itself all their iniquities to an uninhabited land and he shall release the goat in the wilderness."

The scapegoat symbolized Jesus Christ bearing all sin to an uninhabited place.

The ultimate uninhabited place is the grave.

There were two goats. One was slain for our sins. The other was cast out and even the person that banished it to the wilderness had to be specially washed before he would be considered clean. Does that second goat really sound like Christ to you? Think about what the word "Christ" means. Doesn't the word mean "savior?" That second goat doesn't save anyone. The two goats are contrasted, not compared.

Lev 16:8-10 KJV
(8) And Aaron shall cast lots upon the two goats; one lot for the LORD, and the other lot for the scapegoat.
(9) And Aaron shall bring the goat upon which the LORD'S lot fell, and offer him for a sin offering.

(
10) But the goat, on which the lot fell to be the scapegoat, shall be presented alive before the LORD, to make an atonement with him, and to let him go for a scapegoat into the wilderness.

Christ was never banished from us for our sins. Christ was sacrificed for our sins and we are said to be saved by his blood. The blood of the first goat hallows what it touches. This other goat bears the iniquity of Israel and is presented is cast out alive. Jesus died. This goat didn't.

Lev 16:22 KJV
(22) And the goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a land not inhabited: and he shall let go the goat in the wilderness.

Lev 16:26 KJV
(26) And he that let go the goat for the scapegoat shall wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in water, and afterward come into the camp.

That's how unclean the second goat really is. Why are you suggesting that the second goat is Christ?

The scapegoat symbolized Jesus Christ bearing all sin to an uninhabited place. The ultimate uninhabited place is the grave.

The problem with that interpretation is that the second goat isn't killed. The first goat is killed, but not the second. Roaming about a wilderness is not a proper descriptive of death - I don't think you prescribe to death as wandering about the ends of the earth, do you?

Revelation answers this for us. It's the devil that is bound and cast out by the hand of a fit angel, when Jesus makes atonement for his saints by his blood. It is the Lamb that was Slain that redeems us, not the impostor that bears the truly bears the iniquity of all.