ECT glorydaz says that Romans is Written to Unbelievers

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
31 Then He took the twelve aside and said to them, “Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of Man will be accomplished. 32 For He will be delivered to the Gentiles and will be mocked and insulted and spit upon. 33 They will scourge Him and kill Him. And the third day He will rise again.”

34 But they understood none of these things; this saying was hidden from them, and they did not know the things which were spoken.

Did you all notice Stan's misdirection and weasel words "basically"? Notice he did not address what Luke clearly states.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why do they have to be in any group?

Um....that's what I believe.

It's you and your fellow MADists who put believers in different groups and eternities.

All believers from Able to you are members of the Body of Christ.

Maybe they believed Jesus was the Son of God, but were not following the Apostles' doctrine nor did they know Paul's gospel yet.

Maybe, but that's not the point, nor the topic.

You go on and on about your two gospels, and your two groups of believers (kingdom and body)

Paul called them Saints, therefore they were believers.

This poses a big problem for your two gospel theory because you can't have believers going from the "kingdom" program to the "body" program, or your theory falls apart.

You also can't have the Roman Saints in your "body" program because you have Paul as member #1 in your "body" program.

Paul makes it clear to the Romans that there were some "in Christ" before he was:

(Rom 16:7 KJV) Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.

I am not willing to go beyond what the scripture says about the Romans.

You're not willing to admit that your "two gospel" theory falls apart if you place the Roman Saints in either of your two groups.

I don't have to.

The Romans were believers in the Body of Christ, as are all believers.

The Apostle Paul even tells us that some of them were in Christ before he was.

But that won't stop you and heir from perpetuating your "two gospel" theory.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You can't be serious.

You claimed the Romans were Gentile proselytes.

I pointed out that Romans 4:1 proves you wrong. Rom 4:1 makes it clear that Abraham was the forefather according to the flesh of the Romans Saints.

I suppose you think a remnant was not saved from Israel

The remnant of Jews were the first Christians.

and gentiles were saved apart from Israel

In the new covenant, yes.

In the NC, Gentiles were made fellow heirs with the promises to Israel. The two (Jew & Gentile) became one new man in Christ Jesus.

through their fall

Yes, through their fall

rather than by blessing Israel.

Gentiles do not have to bless Israel in the NC

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Neg rep for being a liar. You are like the global warming heathens.

So far, not one MADist has said whether the Roman Saints were in MAD's "kingdom" program, or in MAD's "body" program.

STP claimed neither.

Every other MAD has avoided the question.

Why don't you enlighten us with your MAD expertise Nick?

Jerry Shugart

So far, not one MADist has said whether the Roman Saints were in MAD's "kingdom" program, or in MAD's "body" program.

I have.

I demonstrated that by the time 1 Corinthians was written all who called on the name of the Lord Jesus were baptized into the Body of Christ.

That includes both the Gentiles and the Jews who lived under the law.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Ok, thanks for answering.

I demonstrated that by the time 1 Corinthians was written all who called on the name of the Lord Jesus were baptized into the Body of Christ.

Could you please then explain what believers were in MAD's "kingdom" program?

That includes both the Gentiles and the Jews who lived under the law.

Does this mean you also don't claim that Paul was the very first person in the BOC?

Or do you claim Paul was #1, then others from the "kingdom" program joined him?

I saw this post of yours:

Cornelius Stam, the founder of the Berean Bible Society, wrote the following commentary on 1 Corinthians 1:2:
"There are other evidences that the kingdom saints of Paul's day became members of the Body of Christ........

Is Stam (and you) claiming that every "kingdom" believer eventually became a member of the BOC after hearing the gospel Paul preached?

StanJ

Then you are outside of the New Covenant by your own admission.
He will put the law on your heart and you will keep his statutes and you will not covet.
Ezekiel 36:27
27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.
Of course, the NC has nothing to do with you or anybody here.

You're using the OT to confirm the law of the Spirit in the NT?
How about reading 1 John 2:1 (NIV)

Just as Paul, I don't lie about being a sinner saved by grace. Anyone who says they no longer sin is deceived. 1 John 1:8-10 (NIV)
FYI, The Final Revelation of Christ brings ALL these prophecies into focus as ONLY Jesus could, so I suggest you learn Revelation and how to read the OT prophecies in light of it.

StanJ

Some things never change. Take a seat.

No wonder you're confused. You think Jesus preached the same thing John the Baptist did?

bust1.gif

StanJ

Did you all notice Stan's misdirection and weasel words "basically"? Notice he did not address what Luke clearly states.

I do notice how pompous some are here and how they DON'T answer direct questions. Do you sin or not?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Were you having a convo in your own mind? You should put it in writing IF you want to actually SHOW something.

Where did I lie about the Bible? What post #

I never said Judas preached the same thing as Paul did. Are you blind or can't you read English?
IF you're going to accuse me of something then quote where I said it so I can show you for the fool you are.

By the way, thanks for the neg-rep. I have an idea that you don't exactly excel in the IQ department? Am I correct?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Were you having a convo in your own mind? You should put it in writing IF you want to actually SHOW something.

Where did I lie about the Bible? What post #

I never said Judas preached the same thing as Paul did. Are you blind or can't you read English?
IF you're going to accuse me of something then quote where I said it so I can show you for the fool you are.

I think you'll eventually get yourself banned. Have a nice day.

Jerry Shugart

Is Stam (and you) claiming that every "kingdom" believer eventually became a member of the BOC after hearing the gospel Paul preached?

Paul was not just addressing those in the church at Corinth but also "all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord":

"Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's" (1 Cor.1:2).​

The Jewish believers everwhere called on the name of the Lord Jesus so the following words of Paul from the same epistles applied to them :

"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

Could you please then explain what believers were in MAD's "kingdom" program?

After the rapture all of the members of the Body of Christ, both Jews and Gentiles, will return to the earth with the Lord Jesus and then they will be participants in the earthly kingdom:

"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thess.4:17).​

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you sin or not?

No. How can we (not you) live in it when we have died to it? You can't! He who has died has been freed from sin.

And I asked if you covet. Those in the NC do not covet. I covet, but I do not sin.