ECT glorydaz says that Romans is Written to Unbelievers

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
At the time the letter was written, the Romans were in neither.

Unbelievable !!!!!

It's amazing the excuses you and heir come up with while trying to defend your "two gospel" theory.

So, you and heir are claiming those Roman Saints were in neither the "kingdom" group, nor the "Body" group?

If so, what "group" were they in?

Is there some third group you guys have that I don't know about?

Jerry Shugart

No she isn't. At the time the letter was written, the Romans were in neither.

All of the saints who called on the name of the Lord Jesus were in the Body of Christ, and that has to include the Jews who lived under the Law. Here we see exactly to whom Paul addresses at 1 Corinthians:

"Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's" (1 Cor.1:2).​

All of the Jewish believers living in the first century did indeed call on the name of Jesus Christ so therefore the following is addressed to them:

"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

Cornelius Stam, the founder of the Berean Bible Society, wrote the following commentary on 1 Corinthians 1:2:

"There are other evidences that the kingdom saints of Paul's day became members of the Body of Christ. In I Corinthians 1:2, Paul addresses his letter to the Corinthian church, 'with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs [those in every place] and ours [those with Paul].' And he says to 'all' these believers 'in every place': 'For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one Body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles' (I Cor. 12:13). How can this be made to exclude the Judean believers?" (Cornelius Stam, Commentary on Galatians [Stevens Point, WI: Worzalla Publishing Co., 1998], 198).​

All the Jewish believers who lived under the law at the time when Paul wrote this epistle were members of the Body of Christ, and that would include the Twelve!

SaulToPaul 2

Unbelievable !!!!!

It's amazing the excuses you and heir come up with while trying to defend your "two gospel" theory.

So, you and heir are claiming those Roman Saints were in neither the "kingdom" group, nor the "Body" group?

If so, what "group" were they in?

Is there some third group you guys have that I don't know about?

Why do they have to be in any group?

Maybe they believed Jesus was the Son of God, but were not following the Apostles' doctrine nor did they know Paul's gospel yet.

I am not willing to go beyond what the scripture says about the Romans.

Are you?

SaulToPaul 2

O please have mercy on us o great puh bah of "Jesus returned in 70AD."

Zzzzzzzz

Yes, Danoh the great.

Go not in the way of the Gentiles, but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel (which are Gentiles, per Tet).

"Jesus" returned in 70ad via a Roman Army, per Tet.

That is about all we need to know about Tet.

Danoh

All of the saints who called on the name of the Lord Jesus were in the Body of Christ, and that has to include the Jews who lived under the Law. Here we see exactly to whom Paul addresses at 1 Corinthians:

"Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's" (1 Cor.1:2).​

All of the Jewish believers living in the first century did indeed call on the name of Jesus Christ so therefore the following is addressed to them:

"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

Cornelius Stam, the founder of the Berean Bible Society, wrote the following commentary on 1 Corinthians 1:2:

"There are other evidences that the kingdom saints of Paul's day became members of the Body of Christ. In I Corinthians 1:2, Paul addresses his letter to the Corinthian church, 'with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs [those in every place] and ours [those with Paul].' And he says to 'all' these believers 'in every place': 'For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one Body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles' (I Cor. 12:13). How can this be made to exclude the Judean believers?" (Cornelius Stam, Commentary on Galatians [Stevens Point, WI: Worzalla Publishing Co., 1998], 198).​

All the Jewish believers who lived under the law at the time when Paul wrote this epistle were members of the Body of Christ, and that would include the Twelve!

Nice; how you attempt to sneak in an issue not the subject of this thread.

You and Tel, must be distant cousins or something... you both subscribe to the exact same incessant coercion, hounding and baiting tactics.

Folks; meet the Jerry-at-tricks...

john w

Hall of Fame
Do you reckon Tet has a falsifying 'compelsion'? That's one thing I don't agree with, falsifying.

I reckon. He is obsessed. I wonder what causes that? I suspect his pastor Ricky kicked him out of his "man made" "church."

john w

Hall of Fame
Looks like Craigie "scurried like a cockroach when the light is shone on them." He's busy tuning into his daily fix, of the "Unbiblical Unanswer Man," Hank Hanegraaf, one of his infallible teachers. He'll swoop in later, when all of those mean dispies, who hurt his feelings, are away, as he feeds his addiction, and spams "Darby..............................'

Jerry Shugart

Nice; how you attempt to sneak in an issue not the subject of this thread.

I sneaked nothing in.

You and Tel, must be distant cousins or something... you both subscribe to the exact same incessant coercion, hounding and baiting tactics.

Folks; meet the Jerry-at-tricks...

Of course you never address the verses which I quoted because you have no ability to reason out of the Scriptures. All you do is run and hide, giving more evidence that you are clueless.

Folks, meet Danoh-Run and Hide.

StanJ

Why would Paul say that those in Rome he is addressing are "called to be saints"? He called them saints many times. The words "to be" are not in the Greek manuscripts. Here is the correct translation:
"to all that are in Rome, beloved of God, called saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and [our] Lord Jesus Christ. First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is proclaimed in the whole world" (Ro.1:7-8; DBY).

I don't say anything, the Greek does.
As I've suggested in the past, find a modern translation that uses ALL the available Greek manuscripts available today, and not a 130 year old translation, by one highly untrained so called translator.
A very accurate translation of this scripture is found in the following link.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Rom+1:7-8&version=MOUNCE

First of all, the word "all" in verse seven does not mean all who are in Rome but instead all that are in Rome and who are beloved of God and are called saints.

No, it means; the whole, entire, usually when the substantive has the article, NOT what you say Darby says. You are just perpetuating an erroneous translation. Anything in the Darby translation cannot be taken seriously for study and as such explains a lot about your misconceptions of what the Word of God actually conveys. I can find no modern credentialed scholar who accepts Darby as a credible English version.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If so, then why won't one of you MADists answer the question?

You can't be serious. I suppose you think a remnant was not saved from Israel, and gentiles were saved apart from Israel, through their fall, rather than by blessing Israel.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When you and Johnny can't find your answers on Dispensational websites, you guys don't, and can't, answer the questions.

Which is why neither of you can tell us who the Romans were.

Neg rep for being a liar. You are like the global warming heathens.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
John I know nothing is a simple yes or no with you, but I'll try to humor you and say no.

Basically they were preaching the same thing John the Baptist was.

Now that you have been shown that your statement is false, are you going to continue to state it? A good tree can not produce bad fruit. If you lie about the Bible and what it says, I know you are as damned as Adolph Hilter and John Paul II.

31 Then He took the twelve aside and said to them, “Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of Man will be accomplished. 32 For He will be delivered to the Gentiles and will be mocked and insulted and spit upon. 33 They will scourge Him and kill Him. And the third day He will rise again.”

34 But they understood none of these things; this saying was hidden from them, and they did not know the things which were spoken.

So, are you going to stop saying Judas preached the same thing as Paul? You have now been shown, absolutely and without question that they did not.

StanJ

Now that you have been shown that your statement is false, are you going to continue to state it? A good tree can not produce bad fruit. If you lie about the Bible and what it says, I know you are as damned as Adolph Hilter and John Paul II.

31 Then He took the twelve aside and said to them, “Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of Man will be accomplished. 32 For He will be delivered to the Gentiles and will be mocked and insulted and spit upon. 33 They will scourge Him and kill Him. And the third day He will rise again.”

34 But they understood none of these things; this saying was hidden from them, and they did not know the things which were spoken.

So, are you going to stop saying Judas preached the same thing as Paul? You have now been shown, absolutely and without question that they did not.

Were you having a convo in your own mind? You should put it in writing IF you want to actually SHOW something.

Where did I lie about the Bible? What post #

I never said Judas preached the same thing as Paul did. Are you blind or can't you read English?
IF you're going to accuse me of something then quote where I said it so I can show you for the fool you are.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, do you?

Then you are outside of the New Covenant by your own admission.

He will put the law on your heart and you will keep his statutes and you will not covet.

Ezekiel 36:27

27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.

Of course, the NC has nothing to do with you or anybody here.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Were you having a convo in your own mind? You should put it in writing IF you want to actually SHOW something.

Where did I lie about the Bible? What post #

I never said Judas preached the same thing as Paul did. Are you blind or can't you read English?
IF you're going to accuse me of something then quote where I said it so I can show you for the fool you are.

Is there something in the air up in Canada that makes you people so uncivil and not exactly up there with Albert Einstein?

Last edited: