Global Warming Is A Scam Pushed By Dishonest "Progressives"

john w

Hall of Fame
Global warming, or climate change is neither a conservative nor a liberal thing. It is scientific fact .

Whenever one asserts, pounds the table/podium, and states "it is a scientific fact," we know we are dealing with a dishonest drone, as you are not a scientist, and your blustering is akin to asserting, "The truth is the truth," and have added nothing, with this kid stuff.

Please sit, as what you mean, is it is a fact to you, as many scientists say otherwise.

Last edited:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Whenever one asserts, pounds the table/podium, , and states "it is a scientific fact," we know we are dealing with a dishonest drone, as you are not a scientist, and your blustering is akin to asserting, "The truth is the truth," and have added nothing, with this kid stuff.

Please sit, as what you mean, is it is a fact to you, as many scientists say otherwise.
Yep.

People who use the term "scientific fact" expose their anti-science bias.

Kit the Coyote

Not really.

Warmists are terrified of carbon dioxide. They call it a pollutant. However, it makes up a tiny proportion of the atmosphere and releasing the stuff locked up in rocks would do little that hasn't already been done in the past.

Plants love the stuff. Want more forests? Release more CO2. :up:

Oh, I agree that alarmists tend to blow the issue out of proportion. That does not mean it is not an issue.

A warm, wet earth is preferable to a dry, ice age earth.

I've brought this issue up myself in discussions on the subject in other discussions on the subject and I generally get the impression that the major issue is the speed at which we are taking these deposits of sequestered carbon and flooding them back into the atmosphere. If the atmospheric balance and weather patterns change too quickly, the ability to adapt such as was pointed out moving coastal cities inland become overwhelmed. Would that be the end of mankind? not likely but it might be the end of some major world economies and lots of deaths that could have been avoided.

But really the climate change issue is the least of the issues that concern me of what I listed earlier. Even the 'quick' changes in the environment will take time. The clean vs dirty energy and sustainability are more relevant to me.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Oh, I agree that alarmists tend to blow the issue out of proportion. That does not mean it is not an issue.

A warm, wet earth is preferable to a dry, ice age earth.

I've brought this issue up myself in discussions on the subject in other discussions on the subject and I generally get the impression that the major issue is the speed at which we are taking these deposits of sequestered carbon and flooding them back into the atmosphere. If the atmospheric balance and weather patterns change too quickly, the ability to adapt such as was pointed out moving coastal cities inland become overwhelmed. Would that be the end of mankind? not likely but it might be the end of some major world economies and lots of deaths that could have been avoided.

But really the climate change issue is the least of the issues that concern me of what I listed earlier. Even the 'quick' changes in the environment will take time. The clean vs dirty energy and sustainability are more relevant to me.

hey, as long as the government forces rich people to pay for my Tesla P100D, I'm on board :thumb:

Kit the Coyote

as long as i can charge my Tesla P100D with electricity produced by the coal-fired generating plants :thumb:

and as long as the government subsidies come from rich people's taxes :banana:

Fair enough I guess, I tend to favor nuclear over coal, its cleaner and has far more future potential. And preferably a more effective and equitable way to distribute tax burdens.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That does not mean it is not an issue.
The issue is the "solutions" that are being forced upon us. Politicians want to increase taxes, limit freedom and ostracize sensible investigation.

I generally get the impression that the major issue is the speed at which we are taking these deposits of sequestered carbon and flooding them back into the atmosphere.
That's the response you get when inconsistencies are pointed out in the assertions of the warmists. You point out that things have been warmer in the past and they demand that the rate of change is somehow a concern now.

It's another unsupportable distraction.

The clean vs dirty energy and sustainability are more relevant to me.

Carbon dioxide is good for the planet. Coal and nukes are the cleanest ways to keep people warm.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
i've been listening to a lot of them lately, streaming on my android through ear buds while i'm working outside

haven't listened to the radio hardly at all lately
I recommend using TuneIn and favoriting KLTT on it. :)

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The issue is the "solutions" that are being forced upon us. Politicians want to increase taxes, limit freedom and ostracize sensible investigation.

That's the response you get when inconsistencies are pointed out in the assertions of the warmists. You point out that things have been warmer in the past and they demand that the rate of change is somehow a concern now.

Carbon dioxide is good for the planet. Coal and nukes are the cleanest ways to keep people warm.
:nuke:

Kit the Coyote

Taxes and regulation are the common means that politicians use to influence and encourage social change. When the side you favor does it, it is for the common good. When the other side does it, it is oppression and taking away freedom.

But a valid point none the less. Humans are very adaptable given time.

I thought of a good illustration for the point, People lived in the river valleys below the Hoover dam before it was built and all that water was sequestered behind it. People live there fine now. Open the locks and let the water drain out slowly and they will also be fine even if they might have to make some adjustments due to the rivers rising a bit. But blow up the dam and let the water out at a rate faster than the people downstream can react and you have a problem.

This might be true if the only byproduct of burning coal was CO2 but it is not. The measure I use for judging the safety of a fuel source is death per kilowatt hour. By that measure, coal is about as dirty and unsafe as you can get. I'll take nuclear, it rates down with wind power for safety and as I said, it has future potential.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Taxes and regulation are the common means that politicians use to influence and encourage social change. When the side you favor does it, it is for the common good. When the other side does it, it is oppression and taking away freedom.

But a valid point none the less. Humans are very adaptable given time.

I thought of a good illustration for the point, People lived in the river valleys below the Hoover dam before it was built and all that water was sequestered behind it. People live there fine now. Open the locks and let the water drain out slowly and they will also be fine even if they might have to make some adjustments due to the rivers rising a bit. But blow up the dam and let the water out at a rate faster than the people downstream can react and you have a problem.

This might be true if the only byproduct of burning coal was CO2 but it is not. The measure I use for judging the safety of a fuel source is death per kilowatt hour. By that measure, coal is about as dirty and unsafe as you can get. I'll take nuclear, it rates down with wind power for safety and as I said, it has future potential.
There's a problem with wind power though...

https://phys.org/news/2012-04-farms-temperature-region.html

:think:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Taxes and regulation are the common means that politicians use to influence and encourage social change.
Thank you, Captain Obvious.

When the side you favor does it, it is for the common good. When the other side does it, it is oppression and taking away freedom.

My side?

You mean a political party? I haven't voted since 1993. Taxation beyond about 5 percent is tyranny no matter who does it.

Blow up the dam and let the water out at a rate faster than the people downstream can react and you have a problem.
What is the global warming equivalent of "blowing up the dam"?

Are we talking about safety or cleanliness?

Kit the Coyote

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

You are welcome.

My side?

You mean a political party? I haven't voted since 1993. Taxation beyond about 5 percent is tyranny no matter who does it.

More along the lines of viewpoint, the part highlighted above, for example, represents a viewpoint, therefore, a 'side' on the subject of taxation.

What is the global warming equivalent of "blowing up the dam"?

Arguably, releasing sequestered carbon back into the atmosphere at a rate thousands of times faster than it was sequestered originally.

Are we talking about safety or cleanliness?

Both, particularly as they are interrelated. Burning dirty fuels has significant health impacts on the populace.