Global Warming Is A Scam Pushed By Dishonest "Progressives"

Kit the Coyote

When given the choice of A or B, the wise man will frequently choose C.

When you said "When the side you favor does it, it is for the common good. When the other side does it, it is oppression and taking away freedom." you are claiming all sides do it. And therein lies the hypocrisy. You decry the evil done in the name of the state while justifying it based on a claim that everyone believes the state should do it (for their side).

A good observation, I did overgeneralize, something that I try to avoid but often fail. It is not my intention to imply that all sides do this but it has become distressingly common in the 'Us vs Them' mentality that is dominating all too much of our political discourse.

But there is a side that doesn't do it. That's the side Stripe and I are on. Do the math, if the state would tax in the single digits based on income alone, it couldn't.

Sounds like a variation of the 'starve the beast' approach to taxing. In my honest opinion, it will not work given the nature of the beast.

This isn't true. The state creates increased costs for coal that make it more expensive. It's a perverse incentive and that always leads to more suffering and death. But it's the kind of suffering and death you like... the kind wrought by the elites on lesser humans.

Those increased costs are largely the difference between the air around US Coal plants and the air around Chinese and Indian coal plants. And quite frankly given how the markets have developed even if you did away with them, coal is still no longer economical in the current market.

Kit the Coyote

I'm glad ya'll asked.
So, they used to tell us they could Scram the reactor in a tenth of a second, and that the reaction vessel could survive a hit from a 747. All sounds good right?
What nobody said was that scramming doesn't stop it, it still makes a lot of heat and if your cooling system is out you still have a very big problem.

The reason why I was mentioning Gen IV designs but even some of the current designs can be retrofitted to passive safety concepts. Essentially in the passive safe Gen IV designs, you remove the power and reactor gradually shuts down without any the need for external cooling.

Kit the Coyote

I don't think you've any intention of responding to OP with this.

What are you talking about?

I am responding to you and the direction in which the tread has been moving. Discussion threads rarely stay on the OP for long particularly when they get to the ten-page length. Godwin theorizes that they all eventually lead to Nazi Germany though I think cats also are a potential endpoint.

If you wish to steer things back towards the OP please feel free to do so.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am responding to you and the direction in which the tread has been moving. Discussion threads rarely stay on the OP for long particularly when they get to the ten-page length. Godwin theorizes that they all eventually lead to Nazi Germany though I think cats also are a potential endpoint. If you wish to steer things back towards the OP please feel free to do so.

Warmists freak out about carbon dioxide. They call it a pollutant and demand that it all be kept in the ground. They call it the cause of global warming I mean climate change and ignore its vital role in the hydroshpere.

fool

Hall of Fame
The reason why I was mentioning Gen IV designs but even some of the current designs can be retrofitted to passive safety concepts. Essentially in the passive safe Gen IV designs, you remove the power and reactor gradually shuts down without any the need for external cooling.

So they tell us, until it doesn't work.

Kit the Coyote

Warmists freak out about carbon dioxide. They call it a pollutant and demand that it all be kept in the ground. They call it the cause of global warming I mean climate change and ignore its vital role in the hydroshpere.

Some do but as I observed before, just because some people overhype the issue does not mean it is not an issue. I tend to lump the folks you are talking about in with the folks who say there is no problem. Both are overexaggerating their position for political reasons usually.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
nazi kitties?

latest

fool

Hall of Fame
Actually what I like about passive safety designs is, if they don't work they simply don't work. Like the molten salt designs, how can something that is already melted, 'meltdown'?

Salt is very corrosive and gets more corrosive the hotter it gets.