Give me your tired, poor, huddled masses

Danoh

What is this Borg you are talking about? A stated national goal? Immigrants always assimilated in the past. Since 1965, that's no longer the case. Has it made life better for citizens already here? I would say no. That should be the purpose of immigration and assimilation helps toward that end. Assimilation is a personal preference??? I would say most Americans want a immigration policy that doesn't hurt current citizens.

The Borg...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AyenRCJ_4Ww

Rom. 5:8

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Really? Really? the crazed right wing is afraid of everything---foreign language speakers, head scarves, LGBTQ.
Not liking something does not = fear of it.

And just what is "traditional America"? Got a definition?
Gun totin, apple pie eating, English speaking, baseball playing, love your momma, straight marriage type folks that don't try to steal from you because they can't pay for something.
Where females are feminine and men are masculine.

Does that offend your little sensitivities?

kiwimacahau

Gun totin, apple pie eating, English speaking, baseball playing, love your momma, straight marriage type folks that don't try to steal from you because they can't pay for something.

Just more hatred of those who are different.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Foxfire

What is this Borg you are talking about? A stated national goal? Immigrants always assimilated in the past. Since 1965, that's no longer the case. Has it made life better for citizens already here? I would say no. That should be the purpose of immigration and assimilation helps toward that end. Assimilation is a personal preference??? I would say most Americans want a immigration policy that doesn't hurt current citizens.

Every group of non-english speaking immigrants that has made it to American shores has taken generations to "assimilate". Many still speak in their native tongue at home and with their peers.

Freedom of Speech is guaranteed under the constitution. The First Amendment makes absolutely NO distinction as to what language one is FREE to speak in!

Assimilate shimilate!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

glassjester

Baseball's boring...

exminister

Just more hatred of those who are different.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Really? Really? the crazed right wing is afraid of everything---foreign language speakers, head scarves, LGBTQ.

And just what is "traditional America"? Got a definition?

Why is it 'hatred' to like those things?
:idunno:

Perhaps it is you showing hatred towards those folks.

It is not hatred to like those things, it is hatred to only allow those things in a free society.

Taking one example from your list...
I wasn't a fan of baseball for years and thought how could anyone like it. Until this year - something clicked and I began to enjoy it. I found it calming and stressful at the same time. Now before I liked it I only liked football. Did I hate baseball and wanted it outlawed. No. I could do my thing with football and let others do their thing with baseball.

ClimateSanity

Jonah dog asks for a definition of traditional America. Here is a description of what traditional America has felt for several decades now. It is written by Pat Buchanan.

"In their lifetimes, they have seen their Christian faith purged from schools their taxes paid for, and mocked in movies and on TV. They have seen their factories shuttered in the thousands and their jobs outsourced in the millions to Mexico and China. They have seen trillions of tax dollars go for Great Society programs, but have seen no Great Society, only rising crime, illegitimacy, drug use and dropout rates.

They watch on cable TV as illegal aliens walk into their country, are rewarded with free educations and health care and take jobs at lower pay than American families can live on – then carry Mexican flags in American cities and demand U.S. citizenship.

They see Wall Street banks bailed out as they sweat their next paycheck, then read that bank profits are soaring, and the big bonuses for the brilliant bankers are back. Neither they nor their kids ever benefited from affirmative action, unlike Barack and Michelle Obama.

They see a government in Washington that cannot balance its books, win our wars or protect our borders. The government shovels out trillions to Fortune 500 corporations and banks to rescue the country from a crisis created by the government and Fortune 500 corporations and banks.

America was once their country. They sense they are losing it. And they are right."

Read more at http://mobile.wnd.com/2009/10/113463/#pDOsVeuLePdTGZL5.99

A traditional American is one who typically agreed with most of this.

I never said immigrants should become (assimilate) one of these people but they should be required to attempt to blend into a society made up of people like this with English being foremost and a understanding of our history and laws second with a repudiation of any notions they may have of their home country being superior, and they most certainly should surrender all loyalty to their home country and give it instead to their new country.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Jonah dog asks for a definition of traditional America. Here is a description of what traditional America has felt for several decades now. It is written by Pat Buchanan.
For more context on Buchanan, he also wrote:

“The War Between the States was about independence, about self-determination, about the right of a people to break free of a government to which they could no longer give allegiance.” From his syndicated column, 7/28/93.

[So his sense of history is nonsensical when it isn't, well:

“...white rule of a black majority is inherently wrong. Where did we get that idea? The Founding Fathers did not believe this.” From his syndicated column of 9/17/89.

Or who, in the Guardian, Jan. 14, 1992, had this to say about Hitler: “an individual of great courage…. Hitler’s success was not based on his extraordinary gifts alone. His genius was an intuitive sense of the mushiness, the character flaws, the weakness masquerading as morality that was in the hearts of the statesmen who stood in his path.”

And, who wrote, “integration of blacks and whites — but even more so, poor and well-to-do — is less likely to result in accommodation than it is in perpetual friction, as the incapable are placed consciously by government side by side with the capable.” Washington Post, 1/5/92.

That guy. :plain: I liked Pat a long time ago. Then I started reading more of what he had to say. You'd be better off getting definitions from a dictionary or from someone who was a bit less rationally problematic.