Freewill religion is the Man of Sin !

beloved57

Christ our Great High Priest ! 2

Christ our Great High Priest ! 2

The fact that God's chosen were accepted in the beloved before the foundation of the world Eph 1:4-6

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

That indicates that they were accepted in their Great High Priest, typified by this Ex 28:38

38 And it shall be upon Aaron's forehead, that Aaron may bear the iniquity of the holy things, which the children of Israel shall hallow in all their holy gifts; and it shall be always upon his forehead, that they may be accepted before the Lord.

So the Merits of Christ's High Priest accomplishments for God's Elect was in force and effect at the very foundation and beginning of the world, and all of the Church of God, or God's Israel was accepted in the Son of God ! Also Christ as High Priest is but only one aspect of Him being our Mediator, the others being that of King, remember Melchizadek His type was also a King Heb 7:1-3 also He was an Prophet !

And that Christ was also the Great High Priest for the Church, the Gentiles is seen here as Paul writes to the Church Eph 5:2

2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

That word offering is the same word used of Christ's death in these places Heb 10:10,14,18 !

The word sacrifice thysia is the same word used of Christ here Heb 9:26; 10:12

So He is the Great High Priest who offers Himself an Sacrifce for who in the Eph 5 context ? Eph 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself [as a Sacrifice Vs 2] for it;

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
having fun

having fun

~*~*~

Well heavens to Betsy,

Wouldn't it tickle Beloved pink if he discovered that he started this thread of his own free will :):p:crackup:

That ole 'TULIP' would be wilted ;)

pj

beloved57

Rom 3:24; 11:5-6

Rom 3:24; 11:5-6

Rom 3:24

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Rom 11:5-6

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

That word freely in Rom 3:24 is the greek word dōrean:

I.freely, undeservedly

It is also translated without a cause Jn 15:25

But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

It means without an condition or it was unconditional !

Their hatred of Christ was also unconditional, they had no cause to hate Him, even moreso a cause in Him !

Now understand something, when scripture declares that we are saved by Grace Eph 2:5 or Justified by Grace Rom 3:24 as opposed to works, it basically and essentially means that we have been saved or Justified by Grace apart from conditions found in us and or performances done by us, which means our believing, repenting or any other act done by us, for remember what a definition of work is :

/érgon ("work") is a deed (action) that carries out (completes) an inner desire (intension, purpose or will)

underlined mine !

When we add an condition, thats an all out attack on the Riches of God's Grace; For if our Justification or Salvation from sin depended upon conditions acted or willed or performed by us, Grace has been denied !

But man hates this Justification by Grace, without cause or conditions performed by us, because it takes away all reasons and causes for boasting about what I did !

It does not matter if its our trying to keep the law, or if its a act of evangelical obedience which the regenerated are called to, its nevertheless done by us [Holy Spirit effected or not] and gives the opportunity for boasting ! Rom 3:27

27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Rom 4:4

4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

A work, act, performance by us of any kind, makes the Promised reward a debt due to us because of the performance we did, the one acting has a right to demand, and the one rewarding is indebted to the demand to give the reward, all such disqualifies for being Grace and freely given Rom 3:24 !

beloved57

The Just shall live by Faith !

The Just shall live by Faith !

Rom 1:17

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

What is so important about the word shall here, its a word that means :

will have to, is determined to, or definitely will: You shall do it. He shall do it.

In the greek, shall live is in the indicative mood, which mood means:

The indicative mood is a statement of fact or an actual occurrence from the writer's or speaker's perspective.

The writer therefore is stating whom it has been determined to Live by Faith ! The Just shall live by Faith !

Now who are the Just ? Its all for whom Christ died, and by His obedience they are made Righteous or Just the same word Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous/Just.

This is a crucial Truth, for it tells us that to live by Faith is not by the freewill of man, but something that has been determined by God, that is what it means when the promise is made in Rom 1:17

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Its not up to the freewill of man on whether or not he will live by Faith, but its determined by the Sovereign Will of God, as it was determined by the Sovereign will of God that Christ would die for their sins !

beloved57

Obtaining Mercy from the Lord !

Obtaining Mercy from the Lord !

Hos 2:23

And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God.

Rom 11:30

For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:

1 Tim 1:13

Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

When it says that God sheweth Mercy or that one has from the Lord obtained Mercy, it means they have been given the Grace of Obedience, Faith and Repentance, and its an Saving, Converting Mercy Titus 3:5

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Thats what obtaining Mercy is, it saves us by the washing of Regeneration and renewing of the Holy Ghost which saving effcts Faith and Repentance, Gospel Obedience !

Without being given this Mercy we have no choice but to continue in unbelief and disobedeince !

God has Mercy on whom He will Rom 9:15-19

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

Mercy is not obtained by the freewill of man, its not up to the will of man on whether or not God will shew him Mercy and save him out of his unbelief and disobedience and give him repentance and faith.The Truth is, that Mercy has been reserved only for God's Elect, which He made Vessels of Mercy Rom 9:23-24

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

God's Vessels of Mercy were to be found amongst the jews and the Gentiles !

Paul as all the Elect of God shall obtain Mercy in order that they may be Faithful 1 Cor 7:25

25 Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgment, as one that hath obtained mercy of the Lord to be faithful.

Now concerning virgins: I have no commandment from the Lord; yet I give judgment as one whom the Lord in His mercy has made trustworthy. NKJV

One of the end results in God having Mercy on us is to cause us to be Faithful. That word Faithful pistos means:

I.
trusty, faithful
A.
of persons who show themselves faithful in the transaction of business, the execution of commands, or the discharge of official duties

B.
one who kept his plighted faith, worthy of trust

C.
that can be relied on

II.
easily persuaded
A.
believing, confiding, trusting

B.
in the NT one who trusts in God's promises
i.
one who is convinced that Jesus has been raised from the dead

ii.
one who has become convinced that Jesus is the Messiah and author of salvation

And it is clear in the Apostles Teaching here Rom 11:30-31

30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:

31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

That obtaining Mercy equates to obtaining Faith and Obedience, which is the goal of Mercy Vs 32

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

All being all the Vessels of Mercy from out of both jew and gentile Elect as Per Rom 9:23-26

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

Rom 11:30

30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:

Those of us that come to Gospel Faith and Repentance the Glory of that should go to God for showing Mercy upon us, that we did not continue on in unbelief and disobedience ! So where is boasting ?

So to hear the conclusion of the matter, showing Mercy to those who are in Unbelief and disobedience produces an antithesis condition of Faith and Obedience !

Eph 1:12

12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

The antichrist followers would have it be to the praise of mans freewill that one Trusts in Christ !

Nanja

Those of us that come to Gospel Faith and Repentance the Glory of that should go to God for showing Mercy upon us, that we did not continue on in unbelief and disobedience ! So where is boasting ?

So to hear the conclusion of the matter, showing Mercy to those who are in Unbelief and disobedience produces an antithesis condition of Faith and Obedience !

Eph 1:12

12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

The antichrist followers would have it be to the praise of mans freewill that one Trusts in Christ !

No human has any ability to choose salvation for himself or others;
for to do so would steal the Glory from God, and give reason to glory in his own flesh.
To believe that the will of the created thing can override God's will is blasphemy.
Scripture clearly states that God had chosen and predestined all His Elect Children
according to the good pleasure of His Will Eph. 1:4-11 KJV; they are the only ones who have
redemption through Christ's blood and forgiveness of sins according to the riches of His Grace!

Titus 3:5 KJV "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us..."

~~~~~

beloved57

No human has any ability to choose salvation for himself or others;
for to do so would steal the Glory from God, and give reason to glory in his own flesh.
To believe that the will of the created thing can override God's will is blasphemy.
Scripture clearly states that God had chosen and predestined all His Elect Children
according to the good pleasure of His Will Eph. 1:4-11 KJV; they are the only ones who have
redemption through Christ's blood and forgiveness of sins according to the riches of His Grace!

Titus 3:5 KJV "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us..."

~~~~~

Amen !

Posted from the TOL App!

beloved57

God is in control of mens hearts !

God is in control of mens hearts !

God is always in control of mens hearts , along with its determinations Prov 21:1

The king’s heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water:
he turneth it whithersoever he will.

The King is the greatest of men, and his heart is in the hand [power of the Lord]

The word heart has many meanings to it, it means:

I.inner man, mind, will, heart, understanding

A.inner part, midst
i.
midst (of things)

ii.
heart (of man)

iii.
soul, heart (of man)

iv.
mind, knowledge, thinking, reflection, memory

v.
inclination, resolution, determination (of will)

vi.
conscience

vii.
heart (of moral character)

Yes, all those things are in the hand and power of the Lord !

God can and does turneth or bendeth the heart of all men to incline them to do His Will, for He woketh all things [to include all mens hearts] to do according to His Own Will Eph 1:11

In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him[God] who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

But also another scripture testimony beareth this out even among the common man Prov 16:1

The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD.

Lets read this verse without the middle clause so to amplify its Truth

"The preparations of the heart in man is from the Lord"

You see that more clearly now ! What does that mean ?

What exactly is the preparations of the heart ? Remember what the word heart entails as defined above !

The hebrew word is ma`arak and means:

I.arrangement, plan, preparation

Its all that is working in the man as to his planning, designing, arranging his thoughts, the planning and arrangements of the mind, the mental disposition.

It means:

ii.to compare, be comparable

Remember 1 Cor 2:13

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Thats describing the mental thinking process, only here its that mind under the Control of the Spirit,

But nevertheless, the point to be made by Prov 16:1 is that that entire thinking and mental activity in man is of the Lord, meaning under His Sovereign Control only to have it conform to what He has predestinated as per Eph 1:11

11 in whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Scriptures like our text above are totally against the satanic teaching of mans freewill !

beloved57

God is in control of mens hearts !2

God is in control of mens hearts !2

This Sovereign control over mens hearts was seen and Illustrated in the crucifying of the Lord Jesus Christ, and all the lying, the deceit and vicious and grossly immoral, and reprehensible behaviour of wicked men, unregenerate men, all such was predetrmined by God to be done by them Acts 2:22-23

22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

The words determinate counsel are made up of two words, the first the verb horizō which means :

I.to define
A.
to mark out the boundaries or limits (of any place or thing)

B.
to determine, appoint
i.
that which has been determined, acc. to appointment, decree

ii.
to ordain, determine, appoint

And the word noun boulē :

I.counsel, purpose

I.to will deliberately

According to His predetermined purpose or counsel !

And Acts 4:28

28 for to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done [by each one involved].

Now understand this, all wickedness of all individuals that participated in bringing about the blood thirsty Crucifixion of Christ, they had no freewill choice in the matter, it was already determined by God's foreknowldge and determinate counsel, exactly who they should be, what they shall do, and at the same time be made accountable and guilty of the same, yes, even though they had no freewill choice in the matter, they could not have chose not to participate in what they did, and even their willingness to do it was already predetermined by God Prov 16:1

The preparations of the heart in man,
and the answer of the tongue, is from the Lord.

2 Cor 3:5

not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves

Thinking is a gift of God ! Could the King think rationally if it were not for God's Will here Dan 4:16,33,34,36

16 Let his heart be changed from man's, and let a beast's heart be given unto him; and let seven times pass over him.

33 The same hour was the thing fulfilled upon Nebuchadnezzar: and he was driven from men, and did eat grass as oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven, till his hairs were grown like eagles' feathers, and his nails like birds' claws.

34 And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation:

At the same time my reason returned unto me; and for the glory of my kingdom, mine honour and brightness returned unto me; and my counsellors and my lords sought unto me; and I was established in my kingdom, and excellent majesty was added unto me.

Reason here means simply :

normal or sound powers of mind; sanity.

So the powers of the mind to arrange orderly thought and so forth, is of God !

beloved57

The wicked whom God made for Himself !

The wicked whom God made for Himself !

Prov 16:4 and Rom 9:22

4 The Lord hath made [created] all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath[the wicked] fitted to destruction:

Understand, the wicked [outside of election in Christ], The Sovereign Potter Lord made or created for Himself, are consequently by Him fitted for destruction or damnation or pedition ! See also 2 Thess 1:9 !

Now the word fitted in Rom 9:22 is corollary with the word made in Prov 16:4 and Rom 9:21

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Now with this in mind, the word fitted must be and is primarily in the passive voice, simply because man could not have made himself for God's purpose, that would be like saying the clay formed its self into what the potter wanted it to be fitted for, however the clay could not make itself into a vessel, the word fitted katartizō means:

i.to fit or frame for one's self, prepare , B.to fit out, equip, put in order, arrange, adjust ,to adjust or make conform, it means to compact together to bring into proper condition.

These words also denote creating or molding, or forming, The word make Rom 9:21

Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Its the word poieō :

A.with the names of things made, to produce, construct, form, fashion, etc.

Now the manufactured vessel cannot but conform to the purpose for which it was created, its whole being is made obedient to that purpose, of which case for the wicked, it is in agreement with the Potters Purpose, fit itself for destruction ! For that is what God made them for !

beloved57

The deception of antichrist with Justified by Faith !

The deception of antichrist with Justified by Faith !

Rom 5:1

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

This single is the down fall of many in false religion, i am convinced about 99.99 percent of all false religion teach from this verse that Faith is the condition man meets in order to be Justified before God. Even some will admit to regeneration or new birth before Faith, but nevertheless will deny that the Heaven Born one is Justified from all their sins, not until they believe ! It baffles me how a New Creature in Christ, Born of the Spirit still has their sins charged against them, and are unjustified before God until they believe !

The contention in this last generation has been how that the Justified by Faith, were actually Justified before God before Faith, in fact that had to be the case in order to be Justified by Faith when they receive the Gospel of their Salvation.

The fact of the matter is this, If they were not already Justified before God before they believed, then what they believed was an lie !

Faith is that God given fruit in New Birth whereby the already Justified can now by means of the Preached Gospel to them, revealing to them their Imputed Righteousness, which is their Justification before God, can now be apprehended or understand by that Faith.

Now all for whom Christ died, were by that Offering alone Justified before God, and so evidences His Resurrection Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for [because of] our offences, and was raised again for [because of]our justification.

For by His One Expiating Sacrifice, He hath purged away the sins of those He died for before God's Law and Justice Heb 1:3

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

That word purged means : Its the greek word katharismos:

C.a cleansing from the guilt of sins wrought by the expiatory sacrifice of Christ

Thats Justification right there before God, a cleansing from the guilt of our sins [if He died for us] !

Now the word Justification in Rom 4:25 where it is declated that He was raised again for our Justification, that word in the greek is :dikaiōsis:

I.the act of God declaring men free from guilt and acceptable to him

See how that corresponds to the purging of Heb 1:3, a cleansing from the guilt of sins by Christ's death ?

So that proves that upon His Resurrection, all for whom He died were declared Justifed from all guilt of sins !

So when we come to Rom 5:1 it reads:

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

The comma would be better served here after the word Justified as to read:

Therefore being justified, by faith we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

See the Justification was declared by the resurrection of the Redeemer, but the Justified ones don't and cannot know and apprehend it and believe it, until they are born again and have been given the fruit of Faith Gal 5:22.

And so, as many of the enemies of the Gospel would deny Justification before Faith, by adamantly claiming Justification by Faith, do nothing but spin a web of deceit, for there is nothing contrary in the word of Truth that makes Justification before Faith opposed to Justification by Faith ! The scripture teaches both are True ! To deny it, Justification before Faith, we would have to deny the Testimony of the Resurrection of Christ from the dead, once we do that, we attempt to overthrow the Gospel, a very grave and threatening situation to be in indeed ! And all of you who deny Justification before Faith, even if you appeal to Rom 5:1, you are in that grave situation !

beloved57

Understanding Rom 4:24 !

Understanding Rom 4:24 !

God the Holy Spirit does work Faith in and causes to believe all whom God has imputed Righteousness unto because of Christ's Obedience on their behalf; So shall we understand a scripture like Rom 4:24

24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed [righteousness Vs 22], if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

The word IF here denotes believing to be an evidence of imputed Righteousness, and not its condition, for the condition was fulfilled withing the Obedience of Christ, as in Rom 5:19b

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Also, those believing in Jn 3:16 are giving evidence of having had Righteousness Imputed to them prior to their believing ! Also the believing of Jn 3:16 is evidence of the Spirit having worked Faith in them !

beloved57

The Particle If !

The Particle If !

The particle If in scripture is often times used declaratively, not at all in a sense to mean a condition one must meet to get a blessing or benefit, however it serves to be declarative or descriptive of the ones to whom the blessing or benefit already belongs. If one has Christ's Righteousness Imputed, that makes them Just, and the promise is that the Just shall live by Faith, so Faith is the evidence of having been made Just ! Rom 4:22-24

22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.

23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;

24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

beloved57

So many in antichrist religion , inspired by their father the devil, do deny Salvation or Justification by Grace, and teach that its by mens works, this they do whenever they teach that a man is Justified before God by his faith or his believing act ! You see faith, an act of believing, obedience to Gospel commands are our works, yes and even though they can be considered works of Righteousness Titus 3:5, because its the person that believes or obeys and not God, even though they may be done by His causation and enablement , even then , still they are our acts / works, so as a result we are Justified before God or Saved before Him by our works, which scripture everywhere denies Eph 2:8-9; Titus 3:5 !

Nanja

So many in antichrist religion , inspired by their father the devil, do deny Salvation or Justification by Grace, and teach that its by mens works, this they do whenever they teach that a man is Justified before God by his faith or his believing act ! You see faith, an act of believing, obedience to Gospel commands are our works, yes and even though they can be considered works of Righteousness Titus 3:5, because its the person that believes or obeys and not God, even though they may be done by His causation and enablement , even then , still they are our acts / works, so as a result we are Justified before God or Saved before Him by our works, which scripture everywhere denies Eph 2:8-9; Titus 3:5 !

Yes. That's why God calls His Chosen Ones out of the apostate churches Rev. 18:4 KJV.
Believing a false gospel of works, even in the most subtle form, is idolatry 2 Cor. 6:16-17 KJV !

All of the Israel of God Is. 45:17 KJV, the Chosen Seed Eph. 1:4 KJV, in God's Eternal Purpose,
were reckoned Justified in their Covenant Head and Surety, Christ Jesus; The Lamb Slain before
the foundation of the world Rev. 13:8 KJV. At God's appointed time, they will be physically born
in the earth, and become Born Again John 3:3 KJV. As a result and evidence of the New Birth
they will be given to believe on Christ
Eph. 2:8 KJV.

~~~~~

beloved57

Yes. That's why God calls His Chosen Ones out of the apostate churches Rev. 18:4 KJV.
Believing a false gospel of works, even in the most subtle form, is idolatry 2 Cor. 6:16-17 KJV !

All of the Israel of God Is. 45:17 KJV, the Chosen Seed Eph. 1:4 KJV, in God's Eternal Purpose,
were reckoned Justified in their Covenant Head and Surety, Christ Jesus; The Lamb Slain before
the foundation of the world Rev. 13:8 KJV. At God's appointed time, they will be physically born
in the earth, and become Born Again John 3:3 KJV. As a result and evidence of the New Birth
they will be given to believe on Christ
Eph. 2:8 KJV.

~~~~~

Amen, it appears God has taught you well !

Posted from the TOL App!

beloved57

Then he has reason to Glory, but not before God !

Then he has reason to Glory, but not before God !

Rom 4:2

2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

If Abraham was Justified[before God] by his Faith or act of believing, then he was Justified by his works, and has a ground for boasting, though not before God, but he does before men. For the act of believing is mans work, its done by a man and not by God, for God does not perform the act of believing for a man and then say, I believed for you, Thank Me !

Yes, even though the act of believing may be done by the enablement of His Power, nevertheless in the final analysis it is done by us, and so is our work or doing. If it was not mans doing, Paul would have told the Jailor that here Acts 16:30-31

30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Its mans doing to believe, and so furnishes the ground to boast.

Neither in our text does it mean ere works of the Law, for Abraham believed over 400 years before the Law was given Gal 3:16-18, So works here in Rom 4:2 is indefinite, and means man is not Justified by any works, acts, or performances of his own !