Freewill religion is the Man of Sin !

beloved57

Faith is keeping the Law ! 1

Faith is keeping the Law ! 1

To say that we are Justified by Faith, as our act before God, is not only saying Justification by our works but also its saying Justification by the works of the Law, by keeping the Law, for Faith in God is commanded by the Law, so Jesus states to the jews who had the Law delivered unto them Matt 23:23

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

The law here in the greek text is :

Οὐαὶ ὑμῖν γραμματεῖς καὶ Φαρισαῖοι ὑποκριταί ὅτι ἀποδεκατοῦτε τὸ ἡδύοσμον καὶ τὸ ἄνηθον καὶ τὸ κύμινον καὶ ἀφήκατε τὰ βαρύτερα τοῦ νόμου τὴν κρίσιν καὶ τὸν ἔλεον καὶ τὴν πίστιν ταῦτα ἔδει ποιῆσαι κἀκεῖνα μὴ ἀφιέναι

Tou nomou law here is preceded by the definite article to distinguish it as the definite law of God, and included in it is the Faith which to them should have been DONE ! Done means to perform or act well !

That word done is the same greek word the Jailor uses when he asked the question Acts 16:30

30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do
to be saved?

Now the design of the The Law in the mosaic economy was to reveal Christ in Types and Shadows, Faith in Christ as the coming Messiah Redeemer, the Seed of the women was commanded particular to the OT Elect under the Law as it was for the NT Elect under the Gospel dispensation. Thats why Paul said to the Elect jews of galatia Gal 3:24-25

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

ὥστε ὁ νόμος παιδαγωγὸς ἡμῶν γέγονεν εἰς Χριστόν ἵνα ἐκ πίστεως δικαιωθῶμεν

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

The same Law in Gal 3:24 with the definite article is the same Law of Matt 23:23 with the definite article

And the Faith in Vs 25 which has the definite article :

ἐλθούσης δὲ τῆς πίστεως οὐκέτι ὑπὸ παιδαγωγόν ἐσμεν

is the same as the Faith with the definite article in Matt 23:23 ! The word faith there is τὴν πίστιν , the one and only faith !

beloved57

Faith is keeping the Law ! 2

Faith is keeping the Law ! 2

And not only that, but the Law requires a man to believe whatever God reveals or proposes us to believe lest we make Him a Liar, for even the non elect will be accountable for not believing the Gospel that has been made known to them externally, the record that God has Given of His Son 1 Jn 5:10

10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

Even when the Gospel is preached to the non elect as a savor of death unto death 2 Cor 2:14-16

14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

So this has been said to say this, Faith in Christ in substance, is obeying the Law, and we know in scripture of numerous places that deny Justification by the Law, but understand this, If man is justified before God by his act of believing or of faith or obedience, then it is really not any real meaning in the Apostles teaching of Justification by Faith being opposed to Justification by works or the Law, since Faith as an act of ours is still our performing as is any other law or work we do !

beloved57

Faith is a work because its also called in one place a submitting Rom 10:3

3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

That word submitted is the greek word hupotassó:

to place or rank under, to subject, mid. to obey

I place under, subject to; mid, pass: I submit, put myself into subjection.

In fact its the very same word Paul uses here Rom 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Hence this proves that that the carnal mind of unregenerate cannot be subject to God through the Gospel, which Gospel reveals the Righteousness of God Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The carnal mind does not submit to the Righteousness of God revealed as Per Rom 10:3

3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

And Paul writes that it indeed cannot be subject to God Rom 8:7 !

So what Paull is saying in Rom 10:3,16 is in essence what he is saying in Vs 16 also:

16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

That word obeyed hupakouó: means :

I listen, hearken to, obey, answer.

to hearken to a command, i. e. to obey, be obedient unto, submit to,

So Hearing the Gospel and believing denotes a submission to God, a hearkening to a command, which the carnal mind of man cannot do Rom 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

If one is not subject to the Law of God, they therefore are not subject to God. Believing the Gospel is a Law of God because its a Command !

In fact the word Law here means Gospel Isa 2:3

And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

This has reference to the Gospel as it began to be preached in Jerusalem on the day of pentecost, its also called the word of the Lord ! Acts 8:25

And they, when they had testified and preached the word of the Lord, returned to Jerusalem, and preached the gospel in many villages of the Samaritans.

Acts 13:48-49

And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

And the word of the Lord was published throughout all the region.

This is the fufillment of Isa 2:3

3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

And the carnal mind cannot be subject to that Law ! Submitting is something the man does, so it is a work he does , and so Faith is a work man does ! But it cannot be the carnal minded unregenerate man that can do it !

Last edited:

beloved57

All for whom Christ died, hath by that fact alone, they have been made perfectly Righteous before God ; Heb 1:3

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

3 He is the sole expression of the glory of God [the Light-being, the out-raying or radiance of the divine], and He is the perfect imprint and very image of [God’s] nature, upholding and maintaining and guiding and propelling the universe by His mighty word of power. When He had by offering Himself accomplished our cleansing of sins and riddance of guilt, He sat down at the right hand of the divine Majesty on high,

Heb 10:14

14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

14 By his one sacrifice he has forever set free from sin the people he brings to God.CEV

Col 1:21-22

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Note: That is a present tense reality for all whom Christ died, before God, through Him they are Holy, Unblameable, Unreproveable in His Sight !

Col 2:10,13

10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Hence, now it is the errand of the Gospel to make these things known to us, to reveal it to us Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

To make known to God given Faith the facts of Heb 1:3;10:14;Col 1:21-22;2:10,13 !

beloved57

Then we contradict Justification apart from works !

Then we contradict Justification apart from works !

If our act of Faith or believing, or obedience is that which Justified us before God, then right away we contradict the main difference between Justification by Grace and Justification by works and or law ! Gal 2:16

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Rom 4:1-5

What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?

2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

beloved57

Then we contradict Justification apart from works !2

Then we contradict Justification apart from works !2

For herein lies the difference between Justification by Faith and Justification by works or the law; Justification itself denotes the perfect fulfilling of the Law, however the Law requires to our Justification a Righteousness that is inherent in us, a perfect obedience to be acted by us in our own persons, but Justification by Faith is when the Gospel reveals to us that the Righteousness of the Law has for us been performed in the Person and Work of Jesus Christ, God has accepted His Obedience to the Law as ours, and as a result we do believe !

Rom 8:4

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us [not by us], who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit or by Faith.

beloved57

Antichrist makes God Look Unjust !

Antichrist makes God Look Unjust !

Gen 18:23,25

And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?

That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

If God for any reason executes His Just wrath and punishes for sin anyone Christ died for, He is Unjust and does not do right, for then He is guilty of destroying the Righteous with the Wicked !

When He punishes those Christ died for, He then punishes the guiltless, them who have been discharged from sin and its penalty, which is death, yeah even eternal death, because Christ by His death alone hath been the meritorious cause of their Justification by His Blood, by this He hath fully gained for them their discharge and disimprisonment from the penalty of the Law, its curse, which they do desrve by their sin, and so it is written in Heb 1:3

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

He purged our sins, those He tasted death for Heb 2:9, BY HIMSELF ! That word purged is katharismo and means:

C.a cleansing from the guilt of sins wrought by the expiatory sacrifice of Christ

That means they are guiltless :

free from guilt; innocent.

This has been wrought solely by the expiatory sacrifice of Christ

By Himself means its done without any conditions done by the ones whose sins have been purged !

So if God for any reason punishes them for unbelief and their sins as these Jn 8:24, He does it unto the Righteous, the Innocent, those free from Guilt , and so that would make Him Unjust and guilty of Gen 18:25

25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

beloved57

Antichrist makes God a respecter of persons !

Antichrist makes God a respecter of persons !

Those who teach freewill and that God saves or chooses to be saved according to ones freewill choice, though they are quick to accuse the doctrines of unconditional election and limited atonement of making God be a respecter of persons, the truth be told, it is their arrogant teaching of mans freewill being that what determines God's choice of them for Salvation, that is what constitutes God as being an respecter of persons ! Those of us who believe the Gospel Truths of Unconditional Election of Grace and Particular Atonement, we do realized that the reason for our Salvation was found outside of us, nothing we did, or did not do, It was just a Sovereign choice of us by God for reasons only known within Him, However the proud freewiller teaches that God chose them based upon a prequalification that God foresees in them and not in others; for it is He sees in them a more humble disposition, a more compliant heart and will that He does not see in other harden sinners ; Not to mention that such proud assumptions goes quite contrary against scripture Rom 9:11,16

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

The freewiller says it is of him that willeth ! That word willeth means also:

I.to take for oneself, to prefer, choose

How often the freewllers like to bring up that scripture out of Joshua 24:15

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

For Salvation to be of Grace, then nothing in man aids God in determining His Mind to show mercy upon him, for that is respecter of persons, and it contradicts Rom 9:15,18

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

But the freewiller so twists the Truth of God, it is no longer God having Mercy Sovereignly on whom He will, now He has Mercy based upon someone else s will, what He saw in another s will that was of a better quality than in others ! Thats choosing based upon respect of persons, no way to deny it, nor to avoid this conclusion !

beloved57

Shall do His Good Pleasure !

Shall do His Good Pleasure !

Isa 46:10

10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Eph 1:5

Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

God has stated that He will do all of His Pleasure or Will !

That word pleasure in Isa 46:10 means will, inclination, desire, and mind. It is desire over 10 times in the OT

It also means purpose as here:

Ecc 3:1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

So Isa 46:10 does reaffirm what is written in Job 23:13

But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.

See, the reprobate believes that God's desires are liken as to mans, and may or may not come into fruition or fulfillment ! But see, thats the difference between man and God, God has and uses His Power and Ability to fulfill His desires, man cannot do that, for many of our desires are not within our capability to obtain , but not so with Almighty God !

So that of course means , If the all men whom He desires to be saved and come into the Knowledge of the Truth as Per 1 Tim 2:4

Who will or desireth have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

If He does not do it, make it happen, then Isa 46:10; Job 23:13 and many other scripture testimonies are all lies and God's words cannot be trusted !

Nanja

See, the reprobate believes that God's desires are liken as to mans, and may or may not come into fruition or fulfillment ! But see, thats the difference between man and God, God has and uses His Power and Ability to fulfill His desires, man cannot do that, for many of our desires are not within our capability to obtain , but not so with Almighty God !

Amen! The created thing can possess or obtain nothing unless it is given him by God John 3:27 KJV.

beloved57
So that of course means , If the all men whom He desires to be saved and come into the Knowledge of the Truth as Per 1 Tim 2:4

Who will or desireth have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

If He does not do it, make it happen, then Isa 46:10; Job 23:13 and many other scripture testimonies are all lies and God's words cannot be trusted !

Yes, that would be true if God promised to save all of mankind,
but we know that's not true because many will come under His wrath;
because it was His purpose to create them for destruction.
Rom. 9:22 KJV; 2 Thes. 2:10-12 KJV; Mat. 25:41KJV

That's why the "all men" in 1 Tim. 2:4 KJV can only describe all those given to the Son by The Father:

John 6:37 KJV - All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

John 6:44 KJV - No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

~~~~~

beloved57

nanja

That's why the "all men" in 1 Tim. 2:4 KJV can only describe all those given to the Son by The Father:

John 6:37 KJV - All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

John 6:44 KJV - No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Yes, and Jn 12:32

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

The all men are all who belong to His Seed. Remember Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

The being lifted up in Jn 12:32 is the same as the making His Soul an offering for sin here in Isa 53:10, and the results are Threefold here:

He shall see His Seed, He shall prolong His days, and the Pleasure or desire of the Lord shall prosper or suceed in His Hands !

John Gill says of seed in Isa 53:10 :

or, "a seed"; a spiritual seed and offspring; a large number of souls, that shall be born again, of incorruptible seed, as the fruit of his sufferings and death; see ( John 12:24 ) , this he presently began to see after his resurrection from the dead, and ascension to heaven; when great numbers were converted among the Jews, and after that multitudes in the Gentile world, and more or less in all ages; ever since has he had a seed to serve him; and so he will in the latter day, and to the end of time:

So the seeing of the Seed as an result of " making His Soul an offering for sin" is to see all who belong to it, converted and serve Him, as seed shall serve Him Ps 22:30

30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

Thats the all men that comes to Him as a result of His being lifted up Jn 12:32

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Nanja

beloved
The all men are all who belong to His Seed. Remember Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Yes, and the Seed here are those which went astray as Sheep.

Isa. 53:6 KJV - All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one
to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Heb. 13:20 KJV Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus,
that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, Make you
perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight,
through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Christ's death, resurrection and ascension to Heaven was only for them, His Spiritual Offspring;
chosen in Him before the foundation! Eph. 1:4 KJV; 2 Tim. 1:9 KJV

~~~~~

beloved57

beloved

Yes, and the Seed here are those which went astray as Sheep.

Isa. 53:6 KJV - All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one
to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Heb. 13:20 KJV Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus,
that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, Make you
perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight,
through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Christ's death, resurrection and ascension to Heaven was only for them, His Spiritual Offspring;
chosen in Him before the foundation! Eph. 1:4 KJV; 2 Tim. 1:9 KJV

~~~~~

Yes, it was only the Sheep that went astray in Adam Isa 53:6 !

Posted from the TOL App!

beloved57

A damnable heresy !

A damnable heresy !

The false teaching of God imputing sins back on those He has already imputed on Christ, and Christ has already satisfied God's Law and Justice for, that teaching is of the devil, of that wicked one, tis an damnable heresy of this sort 2 Pet 2:1-3

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

That teaching is an outright high handed perversion of Divine Justice for the sake of the idol freewill and heres why !

God imputing the sins of the Elect to Christ, twas an non imputation of them to them [The Elect] for God is not unjust to charge them to Christ and to the Elect and to the Elect for whom He died, for that would be a contradiction in the Mind and Justice of God, even a doublemindness in Him that is declared to be of One Mind Job 23:13

13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.

God hath never purposed that both Christ and those He died for [His Church] would together jointly satisfy His Justice, but He did lay the whole of their debt on the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world, and because God is immutable in His Counsel and Purpose, He has already laid the sins of the Sheep upon Christ their Shepherd to satisfy His Law and Justice, and He will never change His Mind, to again lay them upon any of the sheep's charge, whose debt to the law has been canceled !

Now for anyone to say or imply otherwise is of the devil, and their damnation slumbereth not !

beloved57

The Elect and Church of Christ the same !

The Elect and Church of Christ the same !

Many in false religion have attempted to make a difference between the Church and Israel Elect, however there is not any difference, they're the same People of God, and this is made evident by the description of the rapture of the Church, The Body of Christ @ the Second Coming of Christ, There is that being described in Matt 24:29-31

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

And now notice the analogous with that of the Church in 1 Thess 4:16-17

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Now understand that in both cases we have the coming down of the Lord

Also notice both mention the Trumpet sound !

Then notice the ingathering of the Elect Matt 24:31

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

1 Thess 4:17

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

And of course those in 1 Thess 1:4 are called God's Elect !

4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

This Elect are the same as the Elect in Matt 24:31 ! Yes they are the very same ones Paul is writing of in 1 Thess 4:16-17, it is quite evident that these Two distinct passages are yet describing the very same event, unto the one and same People, God's Elect / Church of Christ, and whoever does not recognize this, They are blinded by satan and are yet without hope ! Also notice from the Matthew 24 passage, notice the timing of the rapture of the Church or God's Elect, notice Matt 24:29

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

Yes, thats right, its after the great tribulation of the Last days, so the Church of Christ was preserved through it !

beloved57

The Elect and Church of Christ the same !2

The Elect and Church of Christ the same !2

Again, the gathering together of the Church, the body of Christ as per 2 Thess 2:1

Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

Now that this verse applies to the Church, the Body of Christ is confirmed in 2 Thess 1:1-2

Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:

2 Grace unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

And this gathering together of 2 Thess 2:1 is the same which Jesus speaks of here Matt 24:31

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other

Now in fact the same greek word is used in these connections, in 2 Thess 2:1 for gathering together, its the word noun episynagōgē and means:

I.
a gathering together in one place

II.
the (religious) assembly (of Christians)

And in the Matt 24:31 verse the word is the verb episynagō :

I.
to gather together besides, to bring together to others already assembled

II.
to gather together against

III.
to gather together in one place

The very same word except one in the noun and the other in the verb form !

In addition both verses are referring to the coming of the Lord 2 Thess 2:1

Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

This word is parousia and means:

I.
presence

II.
the coming, arrival, advent
A.
the future visible return from heaven of Jesus, to raise the dead, hold the last judgment, and set up formally and gloriously the kingdom of God

And lets compare it to the description of His Coming in Matt 24:27-30

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

In Vs 27 the word coming as in the coming of the Son of man is the same greek word parousia, also in both places parousia is precded by the definite article to denote the one and only second coming !

So its no doubt that in both instances the Church of God is in view, in Matt 24:27-30 as is in 2 Thess 1:1-2;2:1 and again both comings is speaking of at the end of the great tribulation of the last days before the sudden appearing and coming of the Lord Christ, we know this by Matt 24:29-31

This blessed Truth should put all pretribulation rapture folk on High Alert of them having been deceived by the devil !

beloved57

The natural man rejects the ways of God !

The natural man rejects the ways of God !

The natural man rejects the ways of God ! The natural man believes that all men have a freewill, but thats not the case at all, that all men have a will accountable to God, this we grant ! Yes man , we are reasonable creatures held accountable to God for any and all revealed obedience directed by the word of God, for instance like Adam here Gen 2:16-17

16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Adam, and man in him was accountable to God to obey the Command of His Mouth Job 23:12

Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

But here is the issue, though man is responsible for obeying God's revealed will, it may be that according to the purpose of God that obedience is not possible, and yet even though God's drecetive will renders it impossible, man is still not excused for disobedeince to it ! Thats why Paul anticipates the natural mans response when he gave pharoah to be an example of this mysterious premise Rom 9:15-20

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

The natural man reasons, if it was God's will that pharoah disobey and God hardened his heart unto it, then why does God hold him accountable, why is he still without excuse ?

beloved57

Its a heresy !

Its a heresy !

One of the most common antichrist heresies, even to this day is, that the benefits of Christ death go unapplied and suspended until the people He died for perform the condition of Gospel obedience, faith and or repentance ! Now that this is an damnable heresy and lie is proven by the fact that all for whom He died, which eventually become believers, yet before they do become believers , and even while they are actively being God's enemies, even then they have been reconciled to God strictly by His Death Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we[believers] were enemies [in the present tense], we were reconciled[past tense] to God[how so ?] by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Now that word reconciled means :

B.
return to favour with, be reconciled to one

C.
to receive one into favour

It means that they, even while being enemies, had been received into the Favor of God, God was reconciled to them, because of the merits of Christ death applied on their behalf !

The word also denotes : propitiation, restore, make reparation !

However this is not the case for all men who are God's enemies and in unbelief, for the majority of them are not reconciled to God, but contrary they are #1 Condemned already Jn 3:18

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

But thats not the case for the unbelieving persons for whom Christ died, instead of being condemned already, they are reconciled [past tense] to God !

To be condemned means:

to express an unfavorable or adverse judgment on; indicate strong disapproval of; censure.

to pronounce to be guilty; sentence to punishment

and #2 they are as unbelievers under God's wrath Jn 3:36

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Now that is impossible unto the unbelievers that Christ died for, because to them, God's wrath, because of Christ's death, has been propitiated and they are reconciled to God into His favor, while unbelievers !

Hence this proves, though it may not be accepted or believed by many, that all those whom Christ has died for, doeth receive of the benefit of His death, without performing any conditions of believing, while others whom He did not die for, are without the same benefit !

Now in conclusion in denouncing this devilish notion that those Christ died for receive no benefit applied to them until they perform an condition, its that this notion seeks to deprive the death of Christ of having in and of itself any efficacious saving merit, and unless man does something in addition and in cooperation, that person can never be saved by Christ's death, which notion is antichrist at its best !

Nanja

One of the most common antichrist heresies, even to this day is, that the benefits of Christ death go unapplied and suspended until the people He died for perform the condition of Gospel obedience, faith and or repentance ! Now that this is an damnable heresy and lie is proven by the fact that all for whom He died, which eventually become believers, yet before they do become believers , and even while they are actively being God's enemies, even then they have been reconciled to God strictly by His Death Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we[believers] were enemies [in the present tense], we were reconciled[past tense] to God[how so ?] by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Now that word reconciled means :

B.
return to favour with, be reconciled to one

C.
to receive one into favour

It means that they, even while being enemies, had been received into the Favor of God, God was reconciled to them, because of the merits of Christ death applied on their behalf !

The word also denotes : propitiation, restore, make reparation !

However this is not the case for all men who are God's enemies and in unbelief, for the majority of them are not reconciled to God, but contrary they are #1 Condemned already Jn 3:18

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

But thats not the case for the unbelieving persons for whom Christ died, instead of being condemned already, they are reconciled [past tense] to God !

To be condemned means:

to express an unfavorable or adverse judgment on; indicate strong disapproval of; censure.

to pronounce to be guilty; sentence to punishment

and #2 they are as unbelievers under God's wrath Jn 3:36

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Now that is impossible unto the unbelievers that Christ died for, because to them, God's wrath, because of Christ's death, has been propitiated and they are reconciled to God into His favor, while unbelievers !

Hence this proves, though it may not be accepted or believed by many, that all those whom Christ has died for, doeth receive of the benefit of His death, without performing any conditions of believing, while others whom He did not die for, are without the same benefit !

Now in conclusion in denouncing this devilish notion that those Christ died for receive no benefit applied to them until they perform an condition, its that this notion seeks to deprive the death of Christ of having in and of itself any efficacious saving merit, and unless man does something in addition and in cooperation, that person can never be saved by Christ's death, which notion is antichrist at its best !

Yes. Certainly antichrist.

Every individual Christ died for is given the Gift of Salvation while they are yet enemies.
All their sins were imputed to Christ, and His Righteousness imputed to them before the
foundation of the world, in the Purpose of God 2 Cor. 5:21 KJV. This means they actually
received the benefit of His death before they even knew about it, or believed anything about Him.

Their obedience to the Gospel is the result of being given Christ's Righteousness Rom. 5:19 KJV;
and faith and repentance are given to them in the New Birth. So the performance of any act(s) as
a condition to apply the benefits of Christ on their behalf, is just another man-made gospel of works.

~~~~~