Freewill religion is the Man of Sin !

dodge

That's all natural unregenerated men can do is resist the things of God.

Man needs a New Heart first. Those men in Acts 7 didn't have a new heart.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

And why did they not have a new heart ? The verse I quoted answers that question.

They remained unregenerate because they "resisted" the Holy Spirit.

Did Adam have a choice in obeying or disobeying God in the garden of Eden ?

beloved57

And why did they not have a new heart ? The verse I quoted answers that question.

They remained unregenerate because they "resisted" the Holy Spirit.
Men can't have a new heart until they are born again of the Spirit. Man can't believe unless he has been born again.

dodge

Men can't have a new heart until they are born again of the Spirit. Man can't believe unless he has been born again.

No argument there !

You are ignoring that God made an effort to get men from darkness( lies ) to light ( truth ) and that many resist the Holy Spirit as scripture teaches.

Did Adam have a CHOICE to obey or disobey God in the garden of Eden ?

beloved57

No argument there !

You are ignoring that God made an effort to get men from darkness( lies ) to light ( truth ) and that many resist the Holy Spirit as scripture teaches.

It doesn't say that.

dodge

It doesn't say that.

That is EXACTLY what that verse says !

Act 7:51
Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

FYI, RESIST is something they did and sadly that is what many do right now in resisting the persuasion of the Holy Spirit.

beloved57

That is EXACTLY what that verse says !

Act 7:51
Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

FYI, RESIST is something they did and sadly that is what many do right now in resisting the persuasion of the Holy Spirit.
No it doesn't. It says nothing about God made a effort. That's coming from you.

dodge

Why did Jesus send the Apostle Paul to the gentiles ?

Act 26:15
And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.

Act 26:16

But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;

Act 26:17

Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

Act 26:18

To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Calvinism destroys the purpose, mission, ministry , and sacrifice of Jesus and the ministry and mission of the Apostles according to scripture.

beloved57

Why did Jesus send the Apostle Paul to the gentiles ?

Act 26:15
And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.

Act 26:16

But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;

Act 26:17

Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

Act 26:18

To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Calvinism destroys the purpose, mission, ministry , and sacrifice of Jesus and the Apostles according to scripture.
Where did it say that God made a effort ?

dodge

That is exactly what it says ! The lies you have bought into will not let you see the TRUTH.

So you believe that "resisting" is NOT a choice ?

What do you believe "resisted" means if not that they would NOT accept the truth to live in their preferred lies ?

beloved57

It is there in scripture keep reading it over and over until you allow God to break through and destroy the lies you have turned into idols !
Show me in Acts 7 where it says God was making a effort. Show me in Acts 7 where it says the Holy Spirit was trying to draw someone.

dodge

Where did it say that God made a effort ?

Really !

So God made NO effort when He sent Paul to open their eyes from darkness to light?

God made no effort that they would hear of the forgiveness of sins through Jesus as taught by Paul ?

Didn't God not want them to know through Paul that they had an inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me ?

Then why did God send Paul ? Yes, God made an effort.

dodge

Show me in Acts 7 where it says God was making a effort. Show me in Acts 7 where it says the Holy Spirit was trying to draw someone.

When forks resist something it means someone ( in this case the Holy Spirit ) was making an effort to persuade them to leave that which was not of God and was sinful.

Sorry you cannot see the clear teaching of scripture.

You should STOP trying to make scripture say what YOU want it to say and let it say what it says.

beloved57

When forks resist something it means someone ( in this case the Holy Spirit ) was making an effort to persuade them to leave that which was not of God and was sinful.

Sorry you cannot see the clear teaching of scripture.

You should STOP trying to make scripture say what YOU want it to say and let it say what it says.

Stop with the vain babbling, where does scripture say in Acts 7 that God made an effort, or that the Holy Spirit was trying to draw those men.

beloved57

They are supported by scripture but your idols blind you to the truth of scripture !

No they are not. I have been asking you to show in Acts 7 where does it say that #1 The Holy Spirit was drawing them and they resisted, and # 2 where it says God was putting forth a effort ! What scripture in that context says those things ?