Free Will

beloved57

Don't forget,....the 'God' of heaven and earth, whom he calls to be witnesses, sets before you blessings or cursings, life or death,....and says to CHOOSE Life. This 'God' per the word you deem to be God's very word (the Holy Bible),...decrees that you have a CHOICE. Did this 'God' lie? Now if you deny this, then you deny the decree of the LORD, to hold to your own preferred 'theology'. I'd reconsider your 'belief' in light of God's word.
Foolishness. Show me a scripture that says man has a freewill!

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Denial....................

Denial....................

The one just shared with you is one of the strongest, and its God's own decree where he calls creation itself to stand as a witness. Don't forget video lectures from two Jewish rabbis shared earlier here too :) You deny God's word and the testimonies of heaven and earth, in your foolish insistence to be shown 'scripture' as its being SHOWN. The situation is more dire than we suspected. You also have to deny all the passages that show man has choice in responding to God, following God, choosing to do this and that,...which are numerous and plenty. You are in denial. Then you have to deny your freedom of choice in your daily experience of living life, making choices at every turn. You cannot escape the reality of conscious choices and decisions you continually make from moment to moment, even if you think there is an invisible Deity somewhere forcing, determining your every little move. A curious predicament to be in.

beloved57

The one just shared with you is one of the strongest, and its God's own decree where he calls creation itself to stand as a witness. Don't forget video lectures from two Jewish rabbis shared earlier here too :) You deny God's word and the testimonies of heaven and earth, in your foolish insistence to be shown 'scripture' as its being SHOWN. The situation is more dire than we suspected. You also have to deny all the passages that show man has choice in responding to God, following God, choosing to do this and that,...which are numerous and plenty. You are in denial. Then you have to deny your freedom of choice in your daily experience of living life, making choices at every turn. You cannot escape the reality of conscious choices and decisions you continually make from moment to moment, even if you think there is an invisible Deity somewhere forcing, determining your every little move. A curious predicament to be in.
More rubbish

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You resist the bible being all truth. Cause you're the one in gridlock. Blindness is gridlock

A spirit that is free, that recognizes its freedom cannot be in 'grid-lock'. But so nice for some to use my own creative 'terms' back upon myself. I must say the tactic is engaging :crackup:

Shasta

A spirit that is free, that recognizes its freedom cannot be in 'grid-lock'. But so nice for some to use my own creative 'terms' back upon myself. I must say the tactic is engaging :crackup:

People do not REALLY believe in determinism. Whenever they are in danger of injury or of losing their life their unbelief is revealed. Then reality awakens them from the dream and for a moment they quit playing the game.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
You're too busyminded to know anything about your spirit.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You shared an imagine spirit. Made up. You don't understand the spiritual things of God. If you understood, you would believe in God's words.

I've been expounding on 'free will',....you might want to focus there, - don't let your concept or belief in 'God's words', your interpretation of it hinder a free and honest research of the subject.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I've been expounding on 'free will',....you might want to focus there, - don't let your concept or belief in 'God's words', your interpretation of it hinder a free and honest research of the subject.
I still believe in God's Words cause its written by your creator that made you. Course you'll deny that. You're a wolf.

It is man who:

- is deceitful and desperately sick (Jer. 17:9).- is full of evil (Mark 7:21-23).- loves darkness rather than light (John 3:19).- is unrighteous, does not understand, does not seek for God (Rom. 3:10-12).- is helpless and ungodly (Rom. 5:6).- is dead in his trespasses and sins (Eph. 2:1).- is by nature a child of wrath (Eph. 2:3).- cannot understand spiritual things (1 Cor. 2:14).- is a slave of sin (Rom. 6:16-20).

Shasta

If God told Israel to choose then it follows that they had the power to choose and, by definition, the "power to choose" IS the will. But I have another scripture that proves the same point. In the following scriptures I have typed the choices that God wants Israel to make in bold.

Wash you, make you clean;
put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes;
cease to do evil;
Learn to do well;
seek judgment,
relieve the oppressed,
judge the fatherless,
plead for the widow.

(Isaiah 1:16-17)

God would not command them to do something that was impossible for them to do. In fact God is relying on the fact that they have a will. In the rest of the passage God appeals to their reason in order to persuade them to make the right choice

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord:
though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

(Isaiah 1:18)

This shows God's kind intention towards not just SOME but ALL of the people, anyone who would listen, at any rate. God did not want them to harden their hearts and bring them to judgment. If He had wanted that He need never have offered them a way to change.

Next God uses the conditional word IF indicating that they were able to accept or refuse his offer.

If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the
land
:
But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the
Lord hath spoken it”
(Isa. 1:19-20)

Offering someone a motive - rewards and punishments - presupposes that their decision can be influenced. The mind reasons as it considers both courses of action. Then the person DECIDES if their sin is worth it. I do not see anything in here about God determining what they would think or choose.

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
If God told Israel to choose then it follows that they had the power to choose. By definition our "will" is our ability to make choices. But I have another scripture that proves the same point. In the following scriptures I have typed the choices that God wants Israel to make in bold.

Wash you, make you clean;
put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes;
cease to do evil;
Learn to do well;
seek judgment,
relieve the oppressed,
judge the fatherless,
plead for the widow.

(Isaiah 1:16-17)

God would not command them to do something that was impossible for them to do. In fact God is relying on the fact that they have a will.

In the rest of the passage God appeals to their reason in order to persuade them to make the right choice

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord:
though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

(Isaiah 1:18)

This shows God's kind intention towards not just SOME but ALL of the people, anyone who would listen, at any rate. God did not want them to harden their hearts and bring them to judgment. If He had wanted to do that He need never have said anything to them.

Next God uses the conditional word IF indicating that they were able to follow or refuse his offer.

If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the
land
:
But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the
Lord hath spoken it”
(Isa. 1:19-20)

Offering someone a motive - reward and punishment - presupposes that their decision can be influenced. The mind reasons, considering both courses of action and then the person decides if their sin is worth it. I do not see anything in here about God determining what they would think or choose.

:thumb:

Common sense is not a part of some people's theology. Also, it is quite apparent that they have a different 'God' they are relating to.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I still believe in God's Words cause its written by your creator that made you. Course you'll deny that. You're a wolf.

It is man who:

- is deceitful and desperately sick (Jer. 17:9).- is full of evil (Mark 7:21-23).- loves darkness rather than light (John 3:19).- is unrighteous, does not understand, does not seek for God (Rom. 3:10-12).- is helpless and ungodly (Rom. 5:6).- is dead in his trespasses and sins (Eph. 2:1).- is by nature a child of wrath (Eph. 2:3).- cannot understand spiritual things (1 Cor. 2:14).- is a slave of sin (Rom. 6:16-20).

Man has been given the freedom of choice, the faculty of will, and the scriptures merely affirm what is already evident to man in his own exercise of such. Some truths are self-evident :)