Free Will

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Im not a 'urantian', never claimed to be. I actually transcend 'labels' as pure consciousness itself,...but may of course play with or enjoy some appellations as they fit whatever trend of thought I'm currently exploring. The mind is free to a certain extent to venture in such a fasion. My religous studies go far beyond the UB, in realms unmentioned,...but on the various thread here we discuss the actual subjects at hand and evaluate what is being shared. So your polemics and using the term 'urantian' here are a form of religious bullying. You surely wouldnt want to be a 'bully' for Jesus? Even he would not condone such manners! Remember, Jesus used 'parables' alot in his teaching-method,....the ' ' may not be actual historical occurences, but made up scenarios to teach a point. In the end,...while some stories may have actually happened in a similar manner more or less, whats important is the LESSON being taught thereby. The fact also remains that any concept, knowledge, caricature, assumption of Jesus and about Jesus are speculative, existing only as some form or thought, idea or concept in your mind. Thats just how it is.

As far as 'fables' go,...there are plenty to go around, in whatever religious book you happen to place your 'trust' in. The Bible is just one book among many religious books, where one can debate what 'stories' in it are actual historical narratives or mere parables or myths, OR a subtle blend of the two (much can pass as probably the latter). One's own research could bear insights or answers on this question. But back to parables' serving as teaching illustrations for moral or /religious/philosophical lessons. Its what the story is meaning to convey and what can be learned or 'interpreted' from them. A story book is a collection of stories. Its meaning or value will be according to what any reader gets out of it, but alot of things could be presumed or assumed by 'interpretation' as well, and this is where you can use such towards positive or negative ends.

Since you deny 'free will', this puts your own position in an even darker dungeon of intellectual grid-lock. I know you have in you a spirit of 'God' that could take you further if you allowed it...since to the infinite, there is no limit on the potential and possibilities that soul-searching could afford you. You just cant put 'God' in a box,...I know...its just one of those things you cannot do ;)
I'm free to walk.
I've read tons of other writings from unfamiliar spirits. They are lost like the sleeping prophet you preach us about. We can see that

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
My commentary on free will stands :) - the actual subject here. And further proof of it is your ability to read this, and then CHOOSE in how you will respond. Even though you may naturally reflex to respond in your typical manners and mentality-pathways,...you COULD choose to try a more creative or more peculiar approach in dialectical sharing, which does show you actually have the 'free will' to do it :) - pretty amazing eh? But will you ELECT to respond differently in a more creative or surprising fashion? You COULD. - its an amazing thing.......
What's proof without the Bible?

Eagles Wings

What do you call it when, as your Calvinistic doctrine claims that God made all not able to believe and obey Him, yet He pleads with people to obey knowing He made them not be able to?

Is it sarcasm? It it being ironic? Is it being cruel?
I will answer later. I am reading One-on-One debate thread between you and AMR. Are your views on the Trinity the same now as back then?

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
What's proof without the Bible?

Alot of things exist without a bible verse existing about it. In fact, alot of things in life are not even contained in the bible. Therefore, a bible is not necessary for the 'proof' of anything really.

And still...freedom of choice goes on.......

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Im not here to discuss me. Let's discuss the points of scripture. Those in the flesh can't please God Rom 8:8!

The scripture says you can choose to be carnally minded or spiritually minded. Do you deny this? Read the context of Paul's dissertation. You are STUCK on one verse. I've seen some retarded theology, but this takes the cake.

beloved57

The scripture says you can choose to be carnally minded or spiritually minded. Do you deny this? Read the context of Paul's dissertation. You are STUCK on one verse. I've seen some retarded theology, but this takes the cake.

Rom 8:8

So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Alot of things exist without a bible verse existing about it. In fact, alot of things in life are not even contained in the bible. Therefore, a bible is not necessary for the 'proof' of anything really.

And still...freedom of choice goes on.......
You go on and on

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Love isn't offensive.

zzub

BANNED
Banned

God created all men according to the counsel of His own Will/Purpose Eph. 1:11.
And He predetermined an amount and group of people that are the wicked.

"And He predetermined an amount and group of people that are the wicked."

I hate it when someone quotes the Bible but then adds something that is not in the text.

4 just as bHe chose us in Him cbefore the foundation of the world, that we should dbe holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 ehaving predestined us to fadoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, gaccording to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, hby which He 1made us accepted in ithe Beloved.

Predestination is, well, just what it says, a future adoption as sons. The text is speaking about believers destiny. It says nothing about being predestined to be a believer and it says nothing like the dreadful addition that the Calvinist added above. I guess this is why I hate Calvinism. In Revelation it talks about the fate of those who change the word.

Nanja

"And He predetermined an amount and group of people that are the wicked."

Exactly!

Rom. 9:21-23
21Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? 22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

Jude 1:4
For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Prov. 16:4
The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

God doeth according to His Will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth Dan. 4:35!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Exactly!

Rom. 9:21-23
21Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? 22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

Jude 1:4
For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Prov. 16:4
The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

God doeth according to His Will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth Dan. 4:35!
Nanja, something I thought of this morning just as I was waking up...

In Genesis, God told Adam and Eve (and all of humanity) to be fruitful and multiply. It was a command.

So what about the women who don't or even cannot have children? They cannot be fruitful or multiply. So are they outside of God's will?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app