Free Will

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
No you're against the scripture Rom 8:7-8 [emoji4]

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Again, don't forget...these persons Paul is writing to, are believers :) - they can CHOOSE to walk according to the flesh, OR according to the spirit. Its not rocket science :) - 2 choices. Once one turns to the Spirit, to become 'spiritually minded',...they THEN can please 'God'.

beloved57

Again, don't forget...these persons Paul is writing to, are believers :) - they can CHOOSE to walk according to the flesh, OR according to the spirit. Its not rocket science :) - 2 choices. Once one turns to the Spirit, to become 'spiritually minded',...they THEN can please 'God'.
Again you are against the scripture Rom 8:7-8 [emoji4]

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
We go by both written word and the spirit of truth,....they are complimentary. - this goes for all religious cults and traditions, not just Judeo-Christian ones ;)
Christains treat the Bible as inerrant.
Unrantians treat the Bible as fiction.
One gets truth.
Other gets fables.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
They can choose to follow the spirit. Did you forget there were two choices Paul was discussing? ;)
You follow tales on a roll of dice. If they sound intelligent, you follow the fictional tales for the sake of sounding smart. You try too hard and get nowhere

balut55

Pope Francis chooses to carnally interpret revelations 12.

The queen of all creation. Mother Mary is dead awaiting judgement. The Pope has free will and his duped followers have the right to follow him. Lol.

241. Mary, the Mother who cared for Jesus, now cares with maternal affection and pain for this wounded world. Just as her pierced heart mourned the death of Jesus, so now she grieves for the sufferings of the crucified poor and for the creatures of this world laid waste by human power. Completely transfigured, she now lives with Jesus, and all creatures sing of her fairness. She is the Woman, “clothed in the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars” (Rev 12:1). Carried up into heaven, she is the Mother and Queen of all creation. In her glorified body, together with the Risen Christ, part of creation has reached the fullness of its beauty. She treasures the entire life of Jesus in her heart (cf. Lk 2:19,51), and now understands the meaning of all things. Hence, we can ask her to enable us to look at this world with eyes of wisdom.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Pope Francis chooses to carnally interpret revelations 12.

The queen of all creation. Mother Mary is dead awaiting judgement. The Pope has free will and his duped followers have the right to follow him. Lol.

241. Mary, the Mother who cared for Jesus, now cares with maternal affection and pain for this wounded world. Just as her pierced heart mourned the death of Jesus, so now she grieves for the sufferings of the crucified poor and for the creatures of this world laid waste by human power. Completely transfigured, she now lives with Jesus, and all creatures sing of her fairness. She is the Woman, “clothed in the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars” (Rev 12:1). Carried up into heaven, she is the Mother and Queen of all creation. In her glorified body, together with the Risen Christ, part of creation has reached the fullness of its beauty. She treasures the entire life of Jesus in her heart (cf. Lk 2:19,51), and now understands the meaning of all things. Hence, we can ask her to enable us to look at this world with eyes of wisdom.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL
Who?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Earth calling TB......

Earth calling TB......

Christains treat the Bible as inerrant.
Unrantians treat the Bible as fiction.
One gets truth.
Other gets fables.

Im not a 'urantian', never claimed to be. I actually transcend 'labels' as pure consciousness itself,...but may of course play with or enjoy some appellations as they fit whatever trend of thought I'm currently exploring. The mind is free to a certain extent to venture in such a fasion. My religous studies go far beyond the UB, in realms unmentioned,...but on the various thread here we discuss the actual subjects at hand and evaluate what is being shared. So your polemics and using the term 'urantian' here are a form of religious bullying. You surely wouldnt want to be a 'bully' for Jesus? Even he would not condone such manners! Remember, Jesus used 'parables' alot in his teaching-method,....the ' ' may not be actual historical occurences, but made up scenarios to teach a point. In the end,...while some stories may have actually happened in a similar manner more or less, whats important is the LESSON being taught thereby. The fact also remains that any concept, knowledge, caricature, assumption of Jesus and about Jesus are speculative, existing only as some form or thought, idea or concept in your mind. Thats just how it is.

As far as 'fables' go,...there are plenty to go around, in whatever religious book you happen to place your 'trust' in. The Bible is just one book among many religious books, where one can debate what 'stories' in it are actual historical narratives or mere parables or myths, OR a subtle blend of the two (much can pass as probably the latter). One's own research could bear insights or answers on this question. But back to parables' serving as teaching illustrations for moral or /religious/philosophical lessons. Its what the story is meaning to convey and what can be learned or 'interpreted' from them. A story book is a collection of stories. Its meaning or value will be according to what any reader gets out of it, but alot of things could be presumed or assumed by 'interpretation' as well, and this is where you can use such towards positive or negative ends.

Since you deny 'free will', this puts your own position in an even darker dungeon of intellectual grid-lock. I know you have in you a spirit of 'God' that could take you further if you allowed it...since to the infinite, there is no limit on the potential and possibilities that soul-searching could afford you. You just cant put 'God' in a box,...I know...its just one of those things you cannot do ;)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You follow tales on a roll of dice. If they sound intelligent, you follow the fictional tales for the sake of sounding smart. You try too hard and get nowhere

My commentary on free will stands :) - the actual subject here. And further proof of it is your ability to read this, and then CHOOSE in how you will respond. Even though you may naturally reflex to respond in your typical manners and mentality-pathways,...you COULD choose to try a more creative or more peculiar approach in dialectical sharing, which does show you actually have the 'free will' to do it :) - pretty amazing eh? But will you ELECT to respond differently in a more creative or surprising fashion? You COULD. - its an amazing thing.......

beloved57

My commentary on free will stands :) - the actual subject here. And further proof of it is your ability to read this, and then CHOOSE in how you will respond. Even though you may naturally reflex to respond in your typical manners and mentality-pathways,...you COULD choose to try a more creative or more peculiar approach in dialectical sharing, which does show you actually have the 'free will' to do it :) - pretty amazing eh? But will you ELECT to respond differently in a more creative or surprising fashion? You COULD. - its an amazing thing.......
Those in the flesh can't please God Rom 8:8