Free Will

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Jewish Views.........

Jewish Views.........

Continuing my sharing of some rabbi's on Jewish views of 'free will' and 'predestination', our last video was of Rabbi Tatz here (see previous video on 'Understanding Free will' too). Below Dr. Maurice Mizrahi shares helpful insights on the subject at hand and touched on 'quantum mechanics' and the element of randomness (indeterminity) that is supposed to happen in the unfolding of some events, such being the subject of scientific investigation. In any case, the Jewish view and positive support of 'free will' clearly revealed by God in the Jewish scriptures holds :) -

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Carnal Christians..............take note...............

Carnal Christians..............take note...............

How can those in the flesh please God when they cant ? According to Rom 8:8 does the person in the flesh have a freewill to please God ? Yes or No

One would have to understand Paul's terminology and their respective meanings,...as to what "in the flesh" and "in the spirit" may refer to. This gets deeper into the metaphysics at the heart of things, whether material, psychic or spiritual,....so you have to pick Paul's mind, since these terms are chosen by him. Again, a thorough reading of Romans 8 shows that a person can set his mind on the flesh OR the spirit,...he has a choice, between at least these 2 options, whatever substance or desire derives from these two, he will bear the fruit of such conditioned consciousness,....again...whether of the flesh or carnal things, or that of spiritual things. Do refresh your reading.

Lets recap Paul's writing from Romans 8 -

8 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. 3 For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, 7 because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, 8 and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Just a heads up, a rant is coming up after some explanations - just a heads up! ;)

* so it depends on what one is minding. If his mind is on the flesh, to serve its own self-interest, its own ego-gratifications, its on a trajectory that does not fulfill, align with or accord with the law of God (Spirit), so of course, anyone serving the flesh, does not usually please God, but only himself. HOWEVER, when this person sets his mind on the spirit,...what happens? Do you see the freedom of choice being available here? At any moment, one can switch their focus, their mind on what is carnal or spiritual,...see? One is not necessarily stuck in carnality, since the spirit is ever present. Man is a living soul who abides in both a material and spiritual world, and therefore draws on both realms as they co-exist together. The mind is the medium, the arbiter between the flesh and spirit, it can shift its attention to either sphere of influence.

Granted further in Romans 8, Paul infers that those in the flesh do not have the Spirit of God, OR are not following the spirit of God. Do note,....even believers who have been filled with the Spirit of God,....can they not at some point or time later, revert back to being carnally minded? - how many believers do you know, that walk TOTALLY in the Spirit,....24-7...in perfect holiness, purity and absolute unbroken communion with the Most High? - If this was the case, Paul wouldn't be preaching so much to carnal Christians, to get their act together, to STOP being carnal-sinners!, and start a life-style practice of "walking in the Spirit", being 'spiritually minded'. If these people didn't have a CHOICE here, Paul would not busy himself preaching that they FOLLOW after the Spirit, and NOT the flesh. Are you following? So, 'being in the flesh' can be a condition that applies to BOTH non-believers, and believers. Carnality is both native to both. A non-believer can still by their own conscience (the law of God within) and the basic precepts of goodness, truth and beauty, do good things, serve others, and therefore please God. Unbelievers have JUST AS MUCH of the 'image' and 'likeness' of 'God' in their soul, by natural creation, as believers do, by natural creation. While a 'believer' may be given a greater measure of the Spirit, or 'grace' (via the 'new creation', 'new heart', 'new spirit'),...they can STILL NOT PLEASE GOD, by being carnal! Heck, some of the most religious folks are the meanest. But I make my point. - sanctification is a process.

Your pet peeve verse does NOT disprove free will at all, since we still have some measure of freedom to choose. All that verse is saying is those who are carnally-minded, since being carnal is not aligned with spiritual laws and principles, CANNOT please God. This is all that is being referenced, in contra-distinction to what being 'spiritually-minded' profits a soul. Any soul, mind you,...who chooses to be 'spiritually-minded',...can have life and peace....and have freedom to serve God, for where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty to love God and do his will, for love is the fulfilling of the law, it is spiritual.

Paul's use of the word 'flesh' is subject to some variance in interpretation, but do NOTE, that not all 'flesh' is against 'God' or even 'evil' for that matter, since God has made all material Creation, and he decreed that it was GOOD. The physical world then, even our own physical bodies are HOLY and GOOD, if we offer them to God, in their rightful place and service, worshipping God thru the material creation, and fulfilling that creation in LOVE. On these points Paul caters to more of a Gnostic view of creation in some respects, with his negative opinion of carnality, emphasizing the transcendence of spiritual consciousness, but again, this depends on how we interpret and contextualize things.

Love is something that your 'theology' has desecrated and deranged by claiming that Love has only elected to save some, while REJECTING and leaving a whole group of souls TO PERISH....and by no choice of their own. These are totally disowned by your 'god',.... Abandoned. Deserted. Desecrated! Devalued! And you call this 'God' you serve, who demands GLORY for saving some by no choice or merit, and damning the rest to HELL also by no choice or merit,......you call this 'god' LOVE? Anyone who believes in this 'god' has a seared conscience, because this 'god' is the author and enforcer of eternal hellfire and damnation. This 'version' of 'god' (smaller 'g' intended) who damns people to hell, withholding his saving grace from them for no reason but his own mysterious purpose, is 'abominable'. - and I just had to get that in there, when AMR called one of my last commentaries, by this word. I got a chuckle somewhat, but the laugh was short lived. - and all this effort to uphold this gospel of 'preterition', is predicated upon the rejection of 'free will'. - this is why 'free will' is so challenged and ridiculed. - sadly though, the 'trade off' here is it lays all the responsibility for salvation and damnation in the lap of 'God', since man has no freedom.

beloved57

One would have to understand Paul's terminology and their respective meanings,...as to what "in the flesh" and "in the spirit" may refer to. This gets deeper into the metaphysics at the heart of things, whether material, psychic or spiritual,....so you have to pick Paul's mind, since these terms are chosen by him. Again, a thorough reading of Romans 8 shows that a person can set his mind on the flesh OR the spirit,...he has a choice, between at least these 2 options, whatever substance or desire derives from these two, he will bear the fruit of such conditioned consciousness,....again...whether of the flesh or carnal things, or that of spiritual things. Do refresh your reading.

Lets recap Paul's writing from Romans 8 -

Just a heads up, a rant is coming up after some explanations - just a heads up! ;)

* so it depends on what one is minding. If his mind is on the flesh, to serve its own self-interest, its own ego-gratifications, its on a trajectory that does not fulfill, align with or accord with the law of God (Spirit), so of course, anyone serving the flesh, does not usually please God, but only himself. HOWEVER, when this person sets his mind on the spirit,...what happens? Do you see the freedom of choice being available here? At any moment, one can switch their focus, their mind on what is carnal or spiritual,...see? One is not necessarily stuck in carnality, since the spirit is ever present. Man is a living soul who abides in both a material and spiritual world, and therefore draws on both realms as they co-exist together. The mind is the medium, the arbiter between the flesh and spirit, it can shift its attention to either sphere of influence.

Granted further in Romans 8, Paul infers that those in the flesh do not have the Spirit of God, OR are not following the spirit of God. Do note,....even believers who have been filled with the Spirit of God,....can they not at some point or time later, revert back to being carnally minded? - how many believers do you know, that walk TOTALLY in the Spirit,....24-7...in perfect holiness, purity and absolute unbroken communion with the Most High? - If this was the case, Paul wouldn't be preaching so much to carnal Christians, to get their act together, to STOP being carnal-sinners!, and start a life-style practice of "walking in the Spirit", being 'spiritually minded'. If these people didn't have a CHOICE here, Paul would not busy himself preaching that they FOLLOW after the Spirit, and NOT the flesh. Are you following? So, 'being in the flesh' can be a condition that applies to BOTH non-believers, and believers. Carnality is both native to both. A non-believer can still by their own conscience (the law of God within) and the basic precepts of goodness, truth and beauty, do good things, serve others, and therefore please God. Unbelievers have JUST AS MUCH of the 'image' and 'likeness' of 'God' in their soul, by natural creation, as believers do, by natural creation. While a 'believer' may be given a greater measure of the Spirit, or 'grace' (via the 'new creation', 'new heart', 'new spirit'),...they can STILL NOT PLEASE GOD, by being carnal! Heck, some of the most religious folks are the meanest. But I make my point. - sanctification is a process.

Your pet peeve verse does NOT disprove free will at all, since we still have some measure of freedom to choose. All that verse is saying is those who are carnally-minded, since being carnal is not aligned with spiritual laws and principles, CANNOT please God. This is all that is being referenced, in contra-distinction to what being 'spiritually-minded' profits a soul. Any soul, mind you,...who chooses to be 'spiritually-minded',...can have life and peace....and have freedom to serve God, for where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty to love God and do his will, for love is the fulfilling of the law, it is spiritual.

Paul's use of the word 'flesh' is subject to some variance in interpretation, but do NOTE, that not all 'flesh' is against 'God' or even 'evil' for that matter, since God has made all material Creation, and he decreed that it was GOOD. The physical world then, even our own physical bodies are HOLY and GOOD, if we offer them to God, in their rightful place and service, worshipping God thru the material creation, and fulfilling that creation in LOVE. On these points Paul caters to more of a Gnostic view of creation in some respects, with his negative opinion of carnality, emphasizing the transcendence of spiritual consciousness, but again, this depends on how we interpret and contextualize things.

Love is something that your 'theology' has desecrated and deranged by claiming that Love has only elected to save some, while REJECTING and leaving a whole group of souls TO PERISH....and by no choice of their own. These are totally disowned by your 'god',.... Abandoned. Deserted. Desecrated! Devalued! And you call this 'God' you serve, who demands GLORY for saving some by no choice or merit, and damning the rest to HELL also by no choice or merit,......you call this 'god' LOVE? Anyone who believes in this 'god' has a seared conscience, because this 'god' is the author and enforcer of eternal hellfire and damnation. This 'version' of 'god' (smaller 'g' intended) who damns people to hell, withholding his saving grace from them for no reason but his own mysterious purpose, is 'abominable'. - and I just had to get that in there, when AMR called one of my last commentaries, by this word. I got a chuckle somewhat, but the laugh was short lived. - and all this effort to uphold this gospel of 'preterition', is predicated upon the rejection of 'free will'. - this is why 'free will' is so challenged and ridiculed. - sadly though, the 'trade off' here is it lays all the responsibility for salvation and damnation in the lap of 'God', since man has no freedom.

Those in the flesh can't please God Rom 8:8! So according to Rom 8:8 does those in the flesh have a freewill to please God?Yes or No?

popsthebuilder

Those in the flesh can't please God Rom 8:8! So according to Rom 8:8 does those in the flesh have a freewill to please God?Yes or No?
Try using context ***.

Your continued knowing attempts to steer the flock astray is noted again and again.

I am out.

May GOD have mercy on your soul and guide you to the Truth by GOD GOD's will and time.

By the way; truth is a reference to the Christ, not a man named Calvin.

Please feel free to remind me to stop responding to you if I do it.

peace, sincerely

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

beloved57

Try using context ***.

Your continued knowing attempts to steer the flock astray is noted again and again.

I am out.

May GOD have mercy on your soul and guide you to the Truth by GOD GOD's will and time.

By the way; truth is a reference to the Christ, not a man named Calvin.

Please feel free to remind me to stop responding to you if I do it.

peace, sincerely

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Try believing the Truth found in the context. Those in the flesh can't please God Rom 8:8!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Mal. 3:6
For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Ps. 15:4
In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the LORD. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not.

Heb. 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Thank you for your response.

Only these three verses that you gave show that God doesn't change?

What if I told you that God does change, and he changes in many ways, but that the verses you gave say that God does not change in his righteousness and goodness, His character does not change.

For example, was Jesus, who is God the Son (kgov.com/deity) always a man? Or did He become a man? Is Jesus still on the cross to this day? Or did He die once, never to die again? Will he remain standing next to the Father for all of eternity? Or did He sit down at the right hand of God?

Job. 23:13
But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.

God does all according to His Pleasure or Will.

Is. 46:10
Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Ps. 115:3
But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Eph. 1:5, 11
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

None of these verses say that God cannot change. They say that if God wants to do something, there's nothing that any man can do to stop Him. They also say that God does what He wants to do, not that man does what He wants them to do.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
defining God..............

defining God..............

What if I told you that God does change, and he changes in many ways, but that the verses you gave say that God does not change in his righteousness and goodness, His character does not change.

For example, was Jesus, who is God the Son (kgov.com/deity) always a man? Or did He become a man? Is Jesus still on the cross to this day? Or did He die once, never to die again? Will he remain standing next to the Father for all of eternity? Or did He sit down at the right hand of God?

None of these verses say that God cannot change. They say that if God wants to do something, there's nothing that any man can do to stop Him. They also say that God does what He wants to do, not that man does what He wants them to do.

Good points,...I agree with some aspects or nuances of 'Open Theism' (not all specifics), and hold that while 'God' is in his essential nature/character unchanging, that 'God' by virtue of Creation being an ever engaging-intercourse in time and space,...shares in the evolutional transformation of what unfolds in time, so that there is an aspect of 'God' that is one with his creation in immanence, and another aspect that transcends space and time, so that God is both within time and without time.

That God is unchanging in his essential nature/character is fundamental to classical theism, but this does not mean 'God' cannot change his mind at any point in his relationship in time and space, or change his mind in interacting with any other sentient beings,...such 'liberty' is intrinsic to infinite intelligence. We as 'free will' creatures also have the same freedom although smaller in scope, within finite dimensions.

Sadly, hyper-calvinism seems to 'lock' God into a mold where He is imprisoned, a captive of the theology trying to pigeon-hole him. No one can contain the INFINITE. - although in the infinite, all potentials and possibilities exist, and even then, 'God' can only know what is knowable :) - but perhaps I digress. Those stuck in 'hyper-calvinism' or even the 'soft-boiled' variety,...are still bound within the parameters of TULIP (their specific definitions), no matter how critical they are of other sectors of their rigid theology. In their attempt to glorify 'God', they have merely glorified a 'systemaic theology' ABOUT 'God',...and have worshipped 'that' as their 'God'.

You cannot 'grid-lock' God.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yes, they are in direct opposition to God by insisting they can please Him by doing something that He says they can't do Rom. 8:8.
Still waiting on a reply to this, Nanja. Could you respond?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Love enables freedom to choose...........

Love enables freedom to choose...........

~*~*~

Blessings all,

Even now, as we flow together in consciousness,...certain segways of possibility are opening their potential to us, and these different probablities and pathways that arise from moment to moment.....are a matter of choosing :)

The divine decree and allowance, that heaven and earth witnesses, is your choice in the matter in the dispensation of life or death. A God of love allows you to choose.

Never forget Love's will.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
~*~*~

Blessings all,

Even now, as we flow together in consciousness,...certain segways of possibility are opening their potential to us, and these different probablities and pathways that arise from moment to moment.....are a matter of choosing :)

The divine decree and allowance, that heaven and earth witnesses, is your choice in the matter in the dispensation of life or death. A God of love allows you to choose.

Never forget Love's will.
I choose to take a left cause of the wall on the right. God put the wall there so I can choose a left.

Don't listen to that spirit.

God's Truth

God hardening the Pharaoh is proof that men have free will.

The Pharaoh was going to listen to Moses but God hardened him so that he would not listen to Moses.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What scripture says that man has a freewill?

Try these.

1 Corinthians 10:13

13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
2 Chronicles 9:7

7 How happy your people must be! How happy your officials, who continually stand before you and hear your wisdom!
2 Peter 3:9

9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
Galatians 5:13

13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh ; rather, serve one another humbly in love.
John 7:17

17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.
Joshua 24:15

15 But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.”
Mark 8:34

34 Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.
Proverbs 16:9

9 In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.
Revelation 3:20

20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.
Romans 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 13:2

2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.
Romans 10:9-10

9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
Galatians 5:16-17

16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want.
Genesis 2:16-17

16 And the LORD God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”
Isaiah 55:6-7

6 Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near. 7 Let the wicked forsake their ways and the unrighteous their thoughts. Let them turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on them, and to our God, for he will freely pardon.
John 1:12-13

12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
Deuteronomy 30:19-20

19 This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live 20 and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the LORD is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
Ezekiel 18:30-32

30 “Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. 31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel? 32 For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Try these.

1 Corinthians 10:13

13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
2 Chronicles 9:7

7 How happy your people must be! How happy your officials, who continually stand before you and hear your wisdom!
2 Peter 3:9

9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
Galatians 5:13

13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh ; rather, serve one another humbly in love.
John 7:17

17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.
Joshua 24:15

15 But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.”
Mark 8:34

34 Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.
Proverbs 16:9

9 In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.
Revelation 3:20

20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.
Romans 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 13:2

2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.
Romans 10:9-10

9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
Galatians 5:16-17

16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want.
Genesis 2:16-17

16 And the LORD God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”
Isaiah 55:6-7

6 Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near. 7 Let the wicked forsake their ways and the unrighteous their thoughts. Let them turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on them, and to our God, for he will freely pardon.
John 1:12-13

12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
Deuteronomy 30:19-20

19 This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live 20 and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the LORD is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
Ezekiel 18:30-32

30 “Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. 31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel? 32 For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!

b57 apparently doesnt have the 'free will' to see that 'free will' is plainly revealed in the scriptures :noid:

:doh:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
More BIBLE for you? Here you go.....

More BIBLE for you? Here you go.....

Where is the scripture that says man has a freewill? In fact,they which are in the flesh can't please God Rom 8:8

We've already shared plenty of scriptures that support freedom of choice plus videos from Rabbis here that may teach you a thing or two about the Jewish view as well. I've also shared some wonderful insights from the Urantia Book as well here,....besides these two sources and other religious books, we also have everyday human experience that proves we have freedom to choose among so many options at any given moment or situation. If you deny that, then you deny common sense logic and rational thinking.

Dont forget,...'God' himself calls heaven and earth as a witness, to the reality that His people have the freedom to choose. Yet you would deny the scripture? Apparently so. Lets review -

~*~*~

Restoration Promised

30 “So it shall be when all of these things have come upon you, the blessing and the curse which I have set before you, and you call them to mind in all nations where the Lord your God has banished you, 2 and you return to the Lord your God and obey Him with all your heart and soul according to all that I command you today, you and your sons, 3 then the Lord your God will restore you from captivity, and have compassion on you, and will gather you again from all the peoples where the Lord your God has scattered you. 4 If your outcasts are at the ends of the earth, from there the Lord your God will gather you, and from there He will bring you back. 5 The Lord your God will bring you into the land which your fathers possessed, and you shall possess it; and He will prosper you and multiply you more than your fathers.

6 “Moreover the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, so that you may live. 7 The Lord your God will inflict all these curses on your enemies and on those who hate you, who persecuted you. 8 And you shall again obey the Lord, and observe all His commandments which I command you today. 9 Then the Lord your God will prosper you abundantly in all the work of your hand, in the offspring of your body and in the offspring of your cattle and in the produce of your ground, for the Lord will again rejoice over you for good, just as He rejoiced over your fathers; 10 if you obey the Lord your God to keep His commandments and His statutes which are written in this book of the law, if you turn to the Lord your God with all your heart and soul.

11 “For this commandment which I command you today is not too difficult for you, nor is it out of reach. 12 It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will go up to heaven for us to get it for us and make us hear it, that we may observe it?’ 13 Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will cross the sea for us to get it for us and make us hear it, that we may observe it?’ 14 But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may observe it.

Choose Life

15 “See, I have set before you today life and prosperity, and death and adversity; 16 in that I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in His ways and to keep His commandments and His statutes and His judgments, that you may live and multiply, and that the Lord your God may bless you in the land where you are entering to possess it. 17 But if your heart turns away and you will not obey, but are drawn away and worship other gods and serve them, 18 I declare to you today that you shall surely perish. You will not prolong your days in the land where you are crossing the Jordan to enter and possess it. 19 I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants,

-Deuteronomy 30:1-19 (NASB)

~*~*~

Now notice this 'scripture' has 'God' (YHWH) Himself speaking, by decree,...and such an important one that HEAVEN and EARTH are called to be witnesses along with God and all creation, that He has given man the freedom to choose. Not only 'God' himself, but heaven and earth....3 witnesses, as if God's decree alone was not enough. This is standard cardinal teaching within Judaism, plainly revealed in their SCRIPTURES, that man has 'free will'. Anyone who denies this, denies God himself, heaven and earth, and his own God-given freedom.

Last edited:

beloved57

We've already shared plenty of scriptures that support freedom of choice plus videos from Rabbis here that may teach you a thing or two about the Jewish view as well. I've also shared some wonderful insights from the Urantia Book as well here,....besides these two sources and other religious books, we also have everyday human experience that proves we have freedom to choose among so many options at any given moment or situation. If you deny that, then you deny common sense logic and rational thinking.

Dont forget,...'God' himself calls heaven and earth as a witness, to the reality that His people have the freedom to choose. Yet you would deny the scripture? Apparently so. Lets review -

~*~*~

Restoration Promised

30 “So it shall be when all of these things have come upon you, the blessing and the curse which I have set before you, and you call them to mind in all nations where the Lord your God has banished you, 2 and you return to the Lord your God and obey Him with all your heart and soul according to all that I command you today, you and your sons, 3 then the Lord your God will restore you from captivity, and have compassion on you, and will gather you again from all the peoples where the Lord your God has scattered you. 4 If your outcasts are at the ends of the earth, from there the Lord your God will gather you, and from there He will bring you back. 5 The Lord your God will bring you into the land which your fathers possessed, and you shall possess it; and He will prosper you and multiply you more than your fathers.

6 “Moreover the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, so that you may live. 7 The Lord your God will inflict all these curses on your enemies and on those who hate you, who persecuted you. 8 And you shall again obey the Lord, and observe all His commandments which I command you today. 9 Then the Lord your God will prosper you abundantly in all the work of your hand, in the offspring of your body and in the offspring of your cattle and in the produce of your ground, for the Lord will again rejoice over you for good, just as He rejoiced over your fathers; 10 if you obey the Lord your God to keep His commandments and His statutes which are written in this book of the law, if you turn to the Lord your God with all your heart and soul.

11 “For this commandment which I command you today is not too difficult for you, nor is it out of reach. 12 It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will go up to heaven for us to get it for us and make us hear it, that we may observe it?’ 13 Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will cross the sea for us to get it for us and make us hear it, that we may observe it?’ 14 But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may observe it.

Choose Life

15 “See, I have set before you today life and prosperity, and death and adversity; 16 in that I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in His ways and to keep His commandments and His statutes and His judgments, that you may live and multiply, and that the Lord your God may bless you in the land where you are entering to possess it. 17 But if your heart turns away and you will not obey, but are drawn away and worship other gods and serve them, 18 I declare to you today that you shall surely perish. You will not prolong your days in the land where you are crossing the Jordan to enter and possess it. 19 I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants,

-Deuteronomy 30:1-19 (NASB)

~*~*~

Now notice this 'scripture' has 'God' (YHWH) Himself speaking, by decree,...and such an important one that HEAVEN and EARTH are called to be witnesses along with God and all creation, that He has given man the freedom to choose. Not only 'God' himself, but heaven and earth....3 witnesses, as if God's decree alone was not enough. This is standard cardinal teaching within Judaism, plainly revealed in their SCRIPTURES, that man has 'free will'. Anyone who denies this, denies God himself, heaven and earth, and his own God-given freedom.
I have been asking for about 10 yrs now for someone, anyone to show me one scripture that says man has a freewill! Those in the flesh can't please God Rom 8:8

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app