Free Will

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If you don't focus your attention on the scriptures alone, you will never come to Truth 2 Tim. 3:16.

2 Thes. 2:11-12
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
Can logic and reason be discussed without using scripture?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Nanja

So a mathematician cannot, without scripture, come to the knowledge that 1+1=2?

Compare scripture with scripture to come to Truth 1 Cor. 2:13.

1 Cor. 2:11
For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Compare scripture with scripture to come to Truth 1 Cor. 2:13.

1 Cor. 2:11
For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
What if the mathematician is an atheist? Can he still not know that 1+1=2? Or perhaps he's lived on a deserted island all his life and has never heard of the Bible or God or Christianity or religion.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Silly game. You judged me first.
Because God commands us to judge. But he also tells us to not be hypocrites, (Matthew 7:1-5). You apparently think it's wrong to judge, so why are you being hypocritical of me? The Bible says that it's a sin to do something you think is wrong, even if it is not inherently wrong to do it. So when you judge me for judging, you are sinning because you think it's wrong to judge.

I believe that we should judge, so my judgment is not hypocritical, and judging is not inherently wrong, so there's nothing wrong about me judging you for being a hypocrite, or for anything else.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Judging is calling other Christian non-believer, cult or unsaved.

there is difference. What you are doing is discerning, JR.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Because God commands us to judge. But he also tells us to not be hypocrites, (Matthew 7:1-5). You apparently think it's wrong to judge, so why are you being hypocritical of me? The Bible says that it's a sin to do something you think is wrong, even if it is not inherently wrong to do it. So when you judge me for judging, you are sinning because you think it's wrong to judge.

I believe that we should judge, so my judgment is not hypocritical, and judging is not inherently wrong, so there's nothing wrong about me judging you for being a hypocrite, or for anything else.

Nothing wrong with what I said. You're jealous