Free Will

God's Truth

what is meant by "God's will?"

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

God's will is that we believe and obey; but the teachings from many here is that God's will is that we do nothing (Calvinists), or that we believe and do nothing (faith alone teachers)

However, common sense is that God's will is that we Believe and Obey.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You can't argue on God's ruling

You were the one making the fallacious argument, not Clete or me, hence my comment about non-sequiturs. Do you know what "non-sequitur" means, Tulip? It means that the argument does not follow. You said:

I did say God rules the universe and I'll say you don't like that. you want to rule

Your argument does not follow itself.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

randomvim

I'm not certain if I read your question right, but in context of the OP, this distinguishes our will from God's. It also insinuates that God has freewill and implies that we do too! Excellent point!

Jesus said; "If this cup... Thy will be done". This is the snippets that doubly show free will in mankind and God, because Jesus is the "Son of man" and the "Son of God". He "God", as "God with us", chose to serve God rather than Himself... and in doing so He served ALL mankind.

Your question is a gateway to irrefutably proving that God and humanity have Free Will that is of God's Will!

Nice!

: )
well... that wasnt my intent but yay. anyways. on this thread everyone was talking about God's will and how it influences us. majority take it as a direct influence on things but what about inderect influence? what if God's will is to allow things to occur which in turn generates or allows free will?

Nanja

The God of the Bible is just and His authority is established by/on justice.

Yes, but His Justice is according to His Will.

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yes, but His Justice is according to His Will.

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?
Do you know what Euthyphro's dilemma is?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Free will is the very thing that allows us to understand Spiritual lessons, without... we would be on a predestined path of anarchy.

It can be said...

Your God... my God...

But there is only one God and we are "in" his image, but not IN HIS IMAGE. We aren't Him and thus every word we direct at or about Deity is only directed towards Him.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
2 Tim. 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

Nothing else comes close!

Let's discuss the scriptures.
I see, thanks for not answering either of my questions.

Nanja

I see, thanks for not answering either of my questions.

If you don't focus your attention on the scriptures alone, you will never come to Truth 2 Tim. 3:16.

2 Thes. 2:11-12
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.