Free Will

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Not a chance.
So then it should be a relatively simple effort to answer my post.
FINALLY! A STRAIGHT ANSWER!

You're wrong however, and prove my point that you're so heavenly minded that you're no earthly good. A man who's lived on an island his whole life, who's never come into contact with the Bible, can indeed establish that 1+1=2. He just takes 1 coconut, places it next to another coconut, and now he has 2 coconuts. Tell me, Nanja, what scripture did He use to establish that fact?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Yes, but His Justice is according to His Will.

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Of course! But the point is that justice doesn't come after God's action. That is, justice is not defined by God's action. God does justice. The alternative makes it meaningless to call God just or righteous. God, for example, cannot declare injustice to be good and remain just nor could He do injustice and remain just. The Calvinist believes otherwise.

"I admit that in this miserable condition wherein men are now bound, all of Adam's children have fallen by God's will...

...Nor ought it to seem absurd when I say, that God not only foresaw the fall of the first man, and in him the ruin of his posterity; but also at his own pleasure arranged it. (John Calvin, Institutes of Christian Religion, Book 3, Chapter 23)

“thieves and murderers, and other evildoers, are instruments of divine providence, being employed by the Lord himself to execute judgments which he has resolved to inflict.” (John Calvin, Institutes of Christian Religion, Book 1, Chapter 17, Paragraph 5)

”He testifies that He creates light and darkness, forms good and evil (Isaiah 45:7); that no evil happens which He hath not done (Amos 3:6).* Let them tell me whether God exercises His judgments willingly or unwillingly.” (John Calvin, Institutes of Christian Religion, Book 1, Chapter 18, Paragraph 3)

“The devil, and the whole train of the ungodly, are in all directions, held in by the hand of God as with a bridle, so that they can neither conceive any mischief, nor plan what they have conceived, nor how muchsoever they may have planned, move a single finger to perpetrate, unless in so far as he permits, nay unless in so far as he commands, that they are not only bound by his fetters but are even forced to do him service” (John Calvin, Institutes of Christian Religion, Book 1, Chapter 17, Paragraph 11)​

Resting in Him,
Clete

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Sounds like you're still judging me, hypocrite.

"Hypocrite, first remove the beam out of your own eye, so that you may see clearly to remove the mote from your brother's eye."

What I'm talking about with Nanja has literally nothing to do with scripture. What scripture tells us that lightbulbs work because of electricity? Or that 1 coconut plus 1 coconut equals 2 coconuts? Or that color is determined by the wavelength of light emitted from or reflected off of an object?

Each eye see colors differently while you see things differently but your battle to prove t.u.l.i.p. wrong. is failing cause you're a hypocrite

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Yes! The word "imaginary" means that it doesn't exist. Your god does NOT exist!
My view of God comes from the Word. Lower case god does not exist but you believe there's more than one and you don't know which is real. Like free will, you and the other hypocrite don't know which free will is real.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Anti-Calvinists don't really understand Calvinism, because they don't understand anything you tell them- right here, Calvin is basically stating that your free will is depraved, and shows the evidence for why this is the case, but you won't hear an Anti-Calvinist even begin to discuss it for what it is.
It is self-contradictory double speak.

First if all, Calvinists do not believe and Calvin did not teach that we have a free will, depraved or otherwise.
Secondly, a "free will" that cannot choose is not a free will. And make no mistake, that is exact what "depraved" means. Like I said, self-contradictory double speak.

They sit there and sing in church how they are rags in relevance to God, but then when it's time to talk theology, they make their free will a benevolent working of the cosmos. When they are on their knees praying for wisdom and strength, they are Calvinists- when they are spouting it to others, Calvin is Satan.
This comment makes no sense. I don't even understand why a Calvinist would pray at all! If you're predestined to get wisdom, no lack of praying is going to prevent it and if you're predestined to be a fool, no amount of praying will prevent that either. If Calvinism is true, then the only reason anyone prays about anything, the only reason people think Calvin to be Satan for that matter, is precisely and only because God predestined it.

This is why Calvinists just get tired of dealing with them, because in reality they are just in rebellion against their own sacred belief.
Do you believe that they could do otherwise?

Do you believe that you could be anything but tired of dealing with them?

It's all about that ticket into the Afterlife once they've spoiled all good insight for their convenience down here :rolleyes:
They only spoil what God commanded that they spoil! A command which was given before any of them existed. What are you complaining about? It is only God's will that is being done, right?

“The devil, and the whole train of the ungodly, are in all directions, held in by the hand of God as with a bridle, so that they can neither conceive any mischief, nor plan what they have conceived, nor how muchsoever they may have planned, move a single finger to perpetrate, unless in so far as he permits, nay unless in so far as he commands, that they are not only bound by his fetters but are even forced to do him service” (John Calvin, Institutes of Christian Religion, Book 1, Chapter 17, Paragraph 11)​

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
My view of God comes from the Word.
You probably believe that but I'm here to tell you that the god of Calvin came not from the Bible but from Aristotle, a pagan Greek philosopher who had sex with young boys.

Lower case god does not exist but you believe there's more than one and you don't know which is real. Like free will, you and the other hypocrite don't know which free will is real.
This was a stupid thing to say.

No other response is necessary.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Bible is best I got. Let's both use it
Except I don't think you're grounded enough in reality to use it properly, so I'll ask you, do coconuts exist? If so, why aren't they in the Bible? Because according to you, the Bible is the absolute source of all truth.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Except I don't think you're grounded enough in reality to use it properly, so I'll ask you, do coconuts exist? If so, why aren't they in the Bible? Because according to you, the Bible is the absolute source of all truth.

Bible has enough to tell us food is good. You're fussing that tulip isn't right but you're failing to show it wrong. You're showing us tulip is wrong outside the Bible cause you don't trust it. The Bible is true cause it's breathed by God. Trust it. Trust the bible quotes provided by the reformers. You talk like urantians. They believe in celestials instead of God.
There's a difference between grounded and making noise. You're noisy due to your busimindness. You can't see things clearly behind your babbles

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
First if all, Calvinists do not believe and Calvin did not teach that we have a free will, depraved or otherwise.

Except he did.

This is something that I have stated over and over again, and in vain, because you people will never accept that you have been beating a straw man in regards to Calvinism.

Even as soon as this discussion is over, you will all revert to the same narrative- in a way, it's extremely ironic that you all fight predestination when you're free will can't even suffice to acknowledge what I'm telling you :chuckle:

Calvin just doesn't have anything good to say of free will. He states that it is by default 'willful blindness' and that, until God's Grace has drawn you, you are not capable of any real good in the faculty of your will.

Jesus is quoted in Scripture outright DECLARING that you cannot do any good without him. Predestination is the central theme within the theology of the Reformation because it is REQUIRED to suffice Imputed Righteousness and all the dogmas yall have absconded with.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Bible has enough to tell us food is good. You're fussing that tulip isn't right but you're failing to show it wrong. You're showing us tulip is wrong outside the Bible cause you don't trust it. The Bible is true cause it's breathed by God. Trust it. Trust the bible quotes provided by the reformers. You talk like urantians. They believe in celestials instead of God.

Since you can't seem to figure it out, here's my argument.

You (Calvinists, especially b57) state that since something is not in the Bible, it does not exist. Yet here we are today, talking on computers and mobile phones, talking about coconuts and how they relate to the Bible, when the Bible doesn't say anything about such things. Your entire argument is fallacious, saying that because it's not in the Bible, it must not be true.

The point of all of of my questions is to show this, and I mean it when I say that you are so heavenly minded that you're no earthly good. You can't even answer a simple question about reality because the answer may conflict with your belief system. So I reject your entire argument because it is based on a fallacy, even though there are scriptures that support it. When an argument is based on fallacy, it becomes fallacious, and cannot be trusted.

Why should I trust anything at all from someone who claims to know and understand the Bible but doesn't even know what the Bible is about?

By the way, what is a urantian? Some kind of spider? :think: :idunno:

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Since you can't seem to figure it out, here's my argument.

You (Calvinists, especially b57) state that since something is not in the Bible, it does not exist. Yet here we are today, talking on computers and mobile phones, talking about coconuts and how they relate to the Bible, when the Bible doesn't say anything about such things. Your entire argument is fallacious, saying that because it's not in the Bible, it must not be true.

The point of all of of my questions is to show this, and I mean it when I say that you are so heavenly minded that you're no earthly good. You can't even answer a simple question about reality because the answer may conflict with your belief system. So I reject your entire argument because it is based on a fallacy, even though there are scriptures that support it. When an argument is based on fallacy, it becomes fallacious, and cannot be trusted.

Why should I trust anything at all from someone who claims to know and understand the Bible but doesn't even know what the Bible is about?

By the way, what is a urantian? Some kind of spider? :think: :idunno:

Why should I trust anything at all from you who claims to know and understand the Bible but doesn't even know what the Bible is about?

Best just quote the Bible and let it speak for itself rather than you behaving like Catholics creating endless false traditions. We don't need any more of that. Bible has the answers so stick with it or get out of here.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Why should I trust anything at all from you who claims to know and understand the Bible but doesn't even know what the Bible is about?

The Bible is a story book, it is about God's story of our universe.

The plot of the Bible in four words:
Creation
Fall
Redemption
Reconciliation

The theme is God's love for His creation.

The Bible, like any good storybook has a plot twist, it can be found in Acts, and the explanation is found in Galatians.

Best just quote the Bible and let it speak for itself rather than you behaving like Catholics creating endless false traditions. We don't need any more of that. Bible has the answers so stick with it or get out of here.

"Choose you this day whom you will serve" isn't clear enough?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
The Bible is a story book, it is about God's story of our universe.

The plot of the Bible in four words:
Creation
Fall
Redemption
Reconciliation

The theme is God's love for His creation.

The Bible, like any good storybook has a plot twist, it can be found in Acts, and the explanation is found in Galatians.

"Choose you this day whom you will serve" isn't clear enough?

Very clear ! Cause God command it. He commands, you WILL do. I did ! But you didn't

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Very clear ! Cause God command it. He commands, you WILL do. I did ! But you didn't

First of all, "But you didn't"? I didn't what?

Second, the command is 'choose'. "Whom you will serve" is not a command. If I tell you to choose which apple you will pick, then I give you the choice between a red apple and a green apple, does that mean that you are guaranteed to choose the red apple? Or does it mean you are guaranteed to choose the green one? Neither. It means you have the option to choose either, you are not guaranteed to choose one over the other.

ttruscott

If you don't focus your attention on the scriptures alone, you will never come to Truth

Did not Satan use scripture to tempt our Lord? Matt 4:6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“ ‘He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’ ”

Some who focus on scripture alone are wolves in sheep's clothing... It is much better not to trust in your own understanding of the scripture but to seek GOD and to ask HIM the meaning...