Free Will

Nanja

You need to realize that man's will is separate from God's will. Man's will is not God's will.

False statement.

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
False statement.

And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Let's look at that verse, capitalizing the words that refer to God:

"And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and He doeth according to His will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay His hand, or say unto Him, What doest thou?"

Notice that man's will is not even mentioned here. The only will talked about here is God's, this verse is talking about how mighty God is, how He is not accountable to any man. So try again:

Man's will is separate from God's will. Man's will is NOT God's will.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

beloved57

From the scriptures above me, you can apply critical thinking and determine that God has given man free will.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk
Not one of those scriptures says that men have a freewill. How is it possible? Those in the flesh can't please God Rom 8:8!

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

beloved57

Those following have seen that you have failed to respond to my commentary, the particular points shared in them, the passages quoted there, and my direct question to you as well. Why is that?
I responded to it with this, what scripture says that man has a freewill?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I don't think nanja and b57 encourage critical thinking as an important aspect of interpreting the bible

Its apparently lacking, but this is probably understandable for a theology that is devoid of logic, reason or spiritual intelligence, since it has none of these components. - therefore its no great surprise that a proponent of such a 'belief-system' also be lacking.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I responded to it with this, what scripture says that man has a freewill?

That's not an appropriate, respectful or adequate response to my direct questions and the 'scriptures' I provided you with. That's evading the truth. By your lack of proper response and diversion tactic of asking the same lame question, you prove the deficiency of your theology, and the basic philosophical foundation behind it. Hopefully readers of these conversations will use them wisely to their own enlightenment.

popsthebuilder

False statement.

Exactly....So how do you honestly contend that it isn't GOD's will for us to have some level of freedom of choice?

Isn't it apparent through all of scripture?

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
That's not an appropriate, respectful or adequate response to my direct questions and the 'scriptures' I provided you with. That's evading the truth. By your lack of proper response and diversion tactic of asking the same lame question, you prove the deficiency of your theology, and the basic philosophical foundation behind it. Hopefully readers of these conversations will use them wisely to their own enlightenment.
Truth?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

Tulip Bee... I can't resist... you set yourself up.

giphy.gif