ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
For GT:

Eze 20:30 Wherefore say unto the house of Israel,
Eze 20:33 As I live, saith the Lord GOD, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, will I rule over you:

When this was written, Ezekiel of Judah was in Babylon and the northern tribes had already been scattered by the Assyrians a hundred years before.
Yet, for all that, the LORD GOD said that He would in the future rule over them.....all, which would mean a restored Israel.

Eze 20:34 And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

The LORD promises throughout the prophets that He will regather Israel from her scattering into the nations.

Eze 20:35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face.
Eze 20:36 Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith the Lord GOD.

The LORD says that He will plead with that people and I take that to mean it will be concerning their relationship with Him.

Eze 20:37 And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant:

The LORD says that He will act as a Shepherd and subject them to judgement under His rod. This will bring them into the covenant.

Eze 20:38 And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

Through this judgement process, the rebels[unbelievers] will be rejected and will not be allowed to enter the land of Israel.

Eze 20:39 As for you, O house of Israel, thus saith the Lord GOD; Go ye, serve ye every one his idols, and hereafter also, if ye will not hearken unto me: but pollute ye my holy name no more with your gifts, and with your idols.

Again....this concerns those of Israel that rebel and do not believe on the LORD.

Eze 20:40 For in mine holy mountain, in the mountain of the height of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, there shall all the house of Israel, all of them in the land, serve me: there will I accept them, and there will I require your offerings, and the firstfruits of your oblations, with all your holy things.

This agrees with Isaiah and others concerning the LORD's house being established in His Holy mountain.....Zion/Jerusalem.

Eze 20:41 I will accept you with your sweet savour, when I bring you out from the people, and gather you out of the countries wherein ye have been scattered; and I will be sanctified in you before the heathen[gentiles/nations].

The LORD will accept those of Israel who believe on Him and will gather them from all the countries in which they've been scattered and will demonstrate to the nations/gentiles that the LORD does sanctify Israel in His sight and set them apart from the nations and that's in spite of millennia, persecutions, replacement theology, and all the systems that confessing Christians have come up with to justify their unbelief in what GOD has promised concerning the nation of Israel.

Eze 20:42 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall bring you into the land of Israel, into the country for the which I lifted up mine hand to give it to your fathers.

GOD will fulfill His promise that He made to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, etc concerning the land, even in spite of the Church at large unbelief.

Eze 20:43 And there shall ye remember your ways, and all your doings, wherein ye have been defiled; and ye shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for all your evils that ye have committed.
Eze 20:44 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have wrought with you for my name's sake, not according to your wicked ways, nor according to your corrupt doings, O ye house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

The nation of Israel, once restored, will have a time of introspection regarding their straying away into unbelief and rejection of Messiah.

So....how do you get that any of us believe that GOD well rule over a nation of people who persist in unbelief?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Wow....and after all that she disappeared into a red sunset. :noid:

Oh well, perhaps someone will benefit.

Of course.....I expect a 'Darby' outburst any moment!

IMJerusha

Yes, I certainly do thank you. Criticism is one of the main ways I learn something new and get to take into consideration opinions that are not my own.

One caveat, though:

I see a clear difference between "blasphemy" and "belief."
Lots of things were declared blasphemous or heretical throughout Christian history.

The idea that Jesus was a God and was actually a man in disguise was a very common belief among some Christians and it was declared a heresy by a council of bishops in the 4th Century.

Accepting the final book of the Bible, Revelation, was considered heretical. I think Martin Luther refused to recognize it and that was in the 1400s!

I don't believe in name-calling or judging--particularly on a website like this which sanctions many diverse and different interpretations of the Bible's texts.

Personally, I guess I am pretty secure in my beliefs at my age. I used to be defensive and alarmed when I heard different folks have different ideas than I did, but now I pretty much trust God and remain grateful for anything new that I can learn from others.

...It is an interesting idea how some people will feel so threatened and challenged that they judge a person un-Christian and try to label and shame them to silence. I guess I am just surprised to still see that happening these days...

Hmm....good post, though we should not stand amazed at what has been foretold. :plain:

IMJerusha

hahaha! No thanks!

Don't say "No thanks" to me! I'm not the ones who suggested it, the translators of the 1611 did.

I am throughly furnished with all scripture in my KJB.

Odd that the translators of the 1611 didn't share your closed mindedness. From "The Translators To The Reader:" "Therfore as S. Augustine saith, that varietie of Translations is profitable for the finding out of the sense of the Scriptures: so diuersitie of signification and sense in the margine, where the text is not so cleare, must needes doe good, yea, is necessary, as we are perswaded." This note from the translators is regarding their marginal references to the Septuagint "where the text is not so cleare"; their translation of the Septuagint, and these marginal references are throughout the 1611. One margin note that was brought to my attention specifically is of 2 Chronicles 7:14 "If my people which are called by my Name, shall humble themselues and pray, and seeke my face, and turne from their wicked wayes: then will I here from heauen, and will forgiue their sinne, and will heale their land." and the margin note states quite clearly that the Hebrew text read "upon whom my Name is called". Sister, that's a BIG difference that changes a whole lot of Scriptural context down the line and the translators knew it. Consequently, dear sweet King James had all the margin notes removed with the next printing and all subsequent printings. Me thinks you're not as thoroughly furnished as you believe.

I study the authentic that I can spot the counterfeit a mile away!

Without acceptance of all of God's Word, you can't spot a counterfeit spirit.

1 Corinthians 2:13 KJV Recognizing that while all of the Bible is for us, but not all to us is not dismissing scripture. The religious that refuse to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV are the ones causing divisions (Ephesians 4:1-6 KJV).

By your standard, Paul's letter to Timothy was to Timothy and Paul's letter to the Ephesians was to whom?...the Ephesians. How convenient to choose the bits you want to pay heed to including bits from Paul. "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17 You can't confirm the words of the Ruach without all of God's Word so your reference to 1 Corinthians 2:13 is somewhat....silly. The Ruach searches all things...maybe you should too, paying closer attention to verses 10, 11 and 12.

Shabbat Shalom! :)

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Odd that the translators of the 1611 didn't share your closed mindedness.
It is not closed minded to believe what the scripture says about the words of the Lord (Psalms 12:6-7 KJV, Proverbs 30:5 KJV, 2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV). I take God at His word(s). I'm not interested in man's opinion of it. You may be able to talk others out of believing the Bible means what it says, as it says it and to whom it says it, but it's not going to work on me. Take your unbelief somewhere else. I'm not interested.

heir

TOL Subscriber
By your standard, Paul's letter to Timothy was to Timothy and Paul's letter to the Ephesians was to whom?...the Ephesians. How convenient to choose the bits you want to pay heed to including bits from Paul.
I 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV. You don't even know what I believe and instead attack your misconception of what I believe. You are nothing more than a troublemaker. I hope you bake a better pie.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"And a loner's gotta' be alone."

GT?
To GT.
villagewrong.gif

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You BET I do.

Absolutely.

I believe Christ is the norm of the Bible, and the actual preacher who walked the dusty roads of Palestine is the norm of Christ.

Jesus stands for love, forgiveness and support.

John of Patmos stands for the Christians who were oppressed, tortured and killed by Nero. And his reaction to that was a litany of terrible metaphoric images and scare tactics for the faithful.

And he constructed his own Jesus that was just as angry, resentful and immoral (full of our human failings) as John of Patmos himself.

I don't sanction violence and I don't believe Jesus did either. But many of his followers did. One of Jesus' last phrases was to Pilate when he said his "kingdom was not of this world." If you bother to read the entire verse, he says this because his followers then were nonviolent and would not attack Rome because he was captured and sentenced to death.

That is the Christianity I subscribe to. Apparently your version, opinion and interpretation is different than mine.

But I can marshal all the evidence for my faith by specific quotes of Jesus and a close look at the patterns of his life standing up against the powers and principalities of the empire--either Roman or American.

Jesus is Lord, not Caesar.

You're a disgusting Apostate.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You BET I do.

Absolutely.

I believe Christ is the norm of the Bible, and the actual preacher who walked the dusty roads of Palestine is the norm of Christ.

Jesus stands for love, forgiveness and support.

John of Patmos stands for the Christians who were oppressed, tortured and killed by Nero. And his reaction to that was a litany of terrible metaphoric images and scare tactics for the faithful.

And he constructed his own Jesus that was just as angry, resentful and immoral (full of our human failings) as John of Patmos himself.

I don't sanction violence and I don't believe Jesus did either. But many of his followers did. One of Jesus' last phrases was to Pilate when he said his "kingdom was not of this world." If you bother to read the entire verse, he says this because his followers then were nonviolent and would not attack Rome because he was captured and sentenced to death.

That is the Christianity I subscribe to. Apparently your version, opinion and interpretation is different than mine.

But I can marshal all the evidence for my faith by specific quotes of Jesus and a close look at the patterns of his life standing up against the powers and principalities of the empire--either Roman or American.

Jesus is Lord, not Caesar.

Then, you doubt the inspiration of ALL of the Scriptures in their entirety? You doubt the book of Revelation too? You sure don't like John the writer of Revelation!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Name-calling, labeling and generalizations are not good communication techniques. If you want to explain your ideas, then please do so.

And if you want to criticize mine, please have back at me.

But no immaturity, please. I get weary.

well all you got is grosnick until gt gets back

IMJerusha

It is not closed minded to believe what the scripture says about the words of the Lord (Psalms 12:6-7 KJV, Proverbs 30:5 KJV, 2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV). I take God at His word(s). I'm not interested in man's opinion of it. You may be able to talk others out of believing the Bible means what it says, as it says it and to whom it says it, but it's not going to work on me. Take your unbelief somewhere else. I'm not interested.

It is closed minded to look solely to the KJB but that aside, you don't take God at all of His Word. You take what fits your doctrine. I have no desire to talk people out of believing that all of God's Word applies to all of us. That's your MO and I have no doubt you aren't interested.
P.S.-- Don't go quoting what you don't believe was written to you.

IMJerusha

I believe all of the Bible and recognize that while all scripture is for us, it's not all to us or about us.

No, you don't and, honestly, I have to wonder why you're posting here in ECT. You don't accept all of Scripture and you've plainly stated as much numerous times here at TOL. I've quoted James to you and you've stated that doesn't apply to the Body. I've quoted from the four Gospels and you've stated that doesn't apply to the Body. I've quoted from Revelation and you've stated that doesn't apply to the Body. You don't believe that all Scripture is for us. You believe that some of Scripture is for the Body of Yeshua and some is for the House of Israel. That belief belies your statement here that "all scripture is for us." Are you, by any chance, implying that some of the Scripture in your KJB isn't Scripture?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No, you don't and, honestly, I have to wonder why you're posting here in ECT. You don't accept all of Scripture and you've plainly stated as much numerous times here at TOL. I've quoted James to you and you've stated that doesn't apply to the Body. I've quoted from the four Gospels and you've stated that doesn't apply to the Body. I've quoted from Revelation and you've stated that doesn't apply to the Body. You don't believe that all Scripture is for us. You believe that some of Scripture is for the Body of Yeshua and some is for the House of Israel. That belief belies your statement here that "all scripture is for us." Are you, by any chance, implying that some of the Scripture in your KJB isn't Scripture?

You're not speaking the truth. Heir just told you that the whole
Bible is for us but, not all of it is for the Body of Christ. I earnestly
believe that as well. You're trying to get her in trouble so, if you're
gonna report her, report me as well. She has spoken the truth. You
reject the truth and that's on you.

IMJerusha

I 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV. You don't even know what I believe and instead attack your misconception of what I believe. You are nothing more than a troublemaker. I hope you bake a better pie.

I bake an excellent pie, thank you. I'm not a troublemaker at all. I am a member of the Body of Yeshua who is struggling to understand your POV and your necessity to dismiss parts of Scripture that you don't think are for you when, indeed, all of God's Word is for us. For instance when Yeshua stated that we must forgive in order to be forgiven. That statement falls right in line with Yeshua's parable of the sower and Paul's words that we reap what we sow.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
By the way, James says who he is speaking to. "James 1:1" "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.