ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

Danoh

Mark was interested in portraying a Jesus who could actually know what the future would be. If the temple had already been destroyed, then by having Jesus predict it, Mark was able to assign clairvoyance to Jesus.

Even the Holy Spirit can contradict itself. The simple fact of the hundreds of different translations and versions of the Bible attest to that. And, of course, the very existence of the four gospels proves this.

The divine sprit or "Holy Spirit" is always mediated through human beings at different times and places from a multitude of diverse opinions and theologies.

Hmmm...

God's Truth

You overlook the fact that the Bible teaches that those who believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, receive life by being born of God when they believe that truth:

"But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name" (Jn.20:31).​

That scripture is after Jesus died on the cross.
Jesus shed his blood on the cross and is the Sacrificial Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God...For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:1,4,5).​

Those who believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, are saved apart from believing that the Lord Jesus died for our sins.

I cannot believe you say something so ignorant.

God's Truth

That right there is the very core of your Roman Catholic/Pentecostal/Church of Christ/And Countless Other Cults... problem...this notion of yours as to "all the sins I ever did..."

People are not lost because of all the sins they ever did, rather they are lost because they are sinners; because they are born in the trespass of Adam's transgression, Romans 5:

People are not lost because they sin but rather because they are sinners? lol

The course of this world - sin - entered into the world.

There is the issue; born in Adam.

Our sins [plural] only attest to our sin [singular] by nature; our sin nature, by virtue of the fact that we are all born in Adam.

What we need is to be "quickened together with Christ."

Wash away all your sins all you want; tomorrow you'll be on your GT Treadmill all over again.

Why are you putting down Jesus washing away our sins?

What we need is that rest described in Hebrews 10's:

What we need, is not your vain self-deceit in this issue.
You cannot feel exalted unless you put me down.

Rather; the truth of Colossians 2's:

Then, He went off into Glory and showed it off before all creation.

Only to have you come along and assert, in your ignorance that its about all the sins you ever did.
You are making up things by changing what I said. It is about Jesus washing away our sins.

If that is the case; give up; tomorrow you will certainly screw up.
You sound as if you have no change in your life since being saved. Do you have the Spirit of God inside you?

And when you give up, then you'll be ready to rest in His finished work.
Jesus says never give up. You say to give up. I believe Jesus and not you.

Then, and only then will you be able to "obey Jesus" not as you continue to assert that obedience is, rather; as His Word asserts, this side of the Mystery of the Gospel - of Christ in you; the Hope of Glory!

What you said is another example of your strange type of speech. I say I obey Jesus, and you say I can obey when...

You are in a twisted strange place not in God's Truth.

God's Truth

We all have a Jesus that makes sense to us.
I have one, you have one, and everyone else has one.

After all, isn't that what TOL is all about? We share our differences and hopefully discuss them without name-calling and condemnation.

The gospel writers also presented a Jesus that spoke uniquely to their own communities of believers.

It seems like to me if you are honest at all you can understand what I am saying here.

I am trying to add to the pool of meaning here just like anyone else. It is short-sighted and cruel to put me down like you are doing.

You have a fictional Jesus of your own making.

Danoh

Yep, GT, I think I've found a mate for ya - that slow friend of mine?

Well; recently, he went on "a 21 day fast."

I asked him why, and he replied "to get closer to God."

When I then said 'if you're saved; you're seated in Him, in the Heavenlies; at the right hand of the Father - how much closer do you hope to get - on His lap, lol'

His reply in that strange, "just got hit in the head with a baseball bat" look; together with a classic GT special - "Do you have the Spirit in you?"

Let me know, GT. The guy is single; has never been with a woman; but knows all about them.

I'll be his best man, Heir, Tambora, and Golrydaz can be your maids of honor, Meshak can be the girl with the flowers, STP can give you away - for good; hopefully, lol - IMJerusha can perform the ceremony - in Yiddish - Jerry can protest; though no one will listen, lol, and GM and those guys in the picture with him can throw the rice; bag and all, lol.

God's Truth

Yep, GT, I think I've found a mate for ya - that slow friend of mine?

Well; recently, he went on "a 21 day fast."

I asked him why, and he replied "to get closer to God."

When I then said 'if you're saved; you're seated in Him, in the Heavenlies; at the right hand of the Father - how much closer do you hope to get - on His lap, lol'

His reply in that strange, "just got hit in the head with a baseball bat" look; together with a classic GT special - "Do you have the Spirit in you?"

Let me know, GT. The guy is single; has never been with a woman; but knows all about them.

I'll be his best man, Heir, Tambora, and Golrydaz can be your maids of honor, Meshak can be the girl with the flowers, STP can give you away - for good; hopefully, lol - IMJerusha can perform the ceremony - in Yiddish - Jerry can protest; though no one will listen, lol, and GM and those guys in the picture with him can throw the rice; bag and all, lol.

I think that you exposed yourself as being slow.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Then what do you believe?

I believe what the LORD says.

Eze 20:30 Wherefore say unto the house of Israel,
Eze 20:33 As I live, saith the Lord GOD, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, will I rule over you:
Eze 20:34 And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.
Eze 20:35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face.
Eze 20:36 Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith the Lord GOD.
Eze 20:37 And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant:
Eze 20:38 And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
Eze 20:39 As for you, O house of Israel, thus saith the Lord GOD; Go ye, serve ye every one his idols, and hereafter also, if ye will not hearken unto me: but pollute ye my holy name no more with your gifts, and with your idols.
Eze 20:40 For in mine holy mountain, in the mountain of the height of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, there shall all the house of Israel, all of them in the land, serve me: there will I accept them, and there will I require your offerings, and the firstfruits of your oblations, with all your holy things.
Eze 20:41 I will accept you with your sweet savour, when I bring you out from the people, and gather you out of the countries wherein ye have been scattered; and I will be sanctified in you before the heathen[gentiles/nations].
Eze 20:42 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall bring you into the land of Israel, into the country for the which I lifted up mine hand to give it to your fathers.
Eze 20:43 And there shall ye remember your ways, and all your doings, wherein ye have been defiled; and ye shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for all your evils that ye have committed.
Eze 20:44 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have wrought with you for my name's sake, not according to your wicked ways, nor according to your corrupt doings, O ye house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
You have a fictional Jesus of your own making.
What is fictional about Matthew 5:45?

"...that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous."

Why have you apparently found it difficult to honestly criticize the "red-letter" quotations from Jesus in several different biblical translations that I have offered?

If you are alarmed and upset because you have never heard those words from Jesus from the pulpit in your church or from humans who have claimed authority over you, that's one thing.

But to denigrate, condemn, judge and name-call is neither mature nor Christian.

God's Truth

"...that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous."

Why have you apparently found it difficult to honestly criticize the "red-letter" quotations from Jesus in several different biblical translations that I have offered?

If you are alarmed and upset because you have never heard those words from Jesus from the pulpit in your church or from humans who have claimed authority over you, that's one thing.

You have picked out scriptures you like and gotten rid of scriptures you do not like, and have even added your own false teachings. You do have a fictional Jesus.

You are betting that people corrupted the whole Bible and you think you have fixed it.

God's Truth

I believe what the LORD says.

Eze 20:30 Wherefore say unto the house of Israel,
Eze 20:33 As I live, saith the Lord GOD, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, will I rule over you:
Eze 20:34 And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.
Eze 20:35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face.
Eze 20:36 Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith the Lord GOD.
Eze 20:37 And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant:
Eze 20:38 And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
Eze 20:39 As for you, O house of Israel, thus saith the Lord GOD; Go ye, serve ye every one his idols, and hereafter also, if ye will not hearken unto me: but pollute ye my holy name no more with your gifts, and with your idols.
Eze 20:40 For in mine holy mountain, in the mountain of the height of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, there shall all the house of Israel, all of them in the land, serve me: there will I accept them, and there will I require your offerings, and the firstfruits of your oblations, with all your holy things.
Eze 20:41 I will accept you with your sweet savour, when I bring you out from the people, and gather you out of the countries wherein ye have been scattered; and I will be sanctified in you before the heathen[gentiles/nations].
Eze 20:42 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall bring you into the land of Israel, into the country for the which I lifted up mine hand to give it to your fathers.
Eze 20:43 And there shall ye remember your ways, and all your doings, wherein ye have been defiled; and ye shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for all your evils that ye have committed.
Eze 20:44 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have wrought with you for my name's sake, not according to your wicked ways, nor according to your corrupt doings, O ye house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

Please explain your beliefs in your own words. How do I know what you think these scriptures mean unless you tell me?

Danoh

While; to post that Matthew plagiarized Mark, and then some; the Spirit is Cousin "it," and so on is "Christian."

Give me a break, child of the Devil.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
You have picked out scriptures you like and gotten rid of scriptures you do not like, and have even added your own false teachings. You do have a fictional Jesus.

You are betting that people corrupted the whole Bible and you think you have fixed it.
Your attempt at reading my mind and guessing at my motives sadly falls flat.

Like everyone else, I cherry-pick the scriptures I like and believe and leave behind those that are not true to the real Jesus.

A soldier in Baghdad would never think of picking a verse of Jesus saying "Love your enemies."

A believer like yourself would never think of picking out and respecting the teachings of Jesus that stress the non-judgment of others.

To naively claim some special knowledge of the Bible is a fool's errand. I myself am perfectly willing to be accountable for my own wrong-headedness, racism, bigotry or spiritual faults. But I dare say we will never hear such things from you. And that is just sad.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
While; to post that Matthew plagiarized Mark, and then some; the Spirit is Cousin "it," and so on is "Christian."

Give me a break, child of the Devil.
What we moderns call "plagiarism" was an unknown thing in Jesus' day. Those who study ancient authors know this, many biblical scholars know this and even more and more of us in the pews know this.

If you read the gospels in parallel, it becomes clear that Luke and Matthew follow Mark's order of events, but each of them alters and edits Mark's gospel in their own creative and inspired ways.

Bible study is actually "Studying the Bible." I think it is pretty shameful for you to make comments like that. You know full well what I am saying. It is more comfortable for you to point your finger at me instead of actually checking out what I am posting.

No excuse.