ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes, I certainly do thank you. Criticism is one of the main ways I learn something new and get to take into consideration opinions that are not my own.

One caveat, though:

I see a clear difference between "blasphemy" and "belief."
Lots of things were declared blasphemous or heretical throughout Christian history.

The idea that Jesus was a God and was actually a man in disguise was a very common belief among some Christians and it was declared a heresy by a council of bishops in the 4th Century.

Accepting the final book of the Bible, Revelation, was considered heretical. I think Martin Luther refused to recognize it and that was in the 1400s!

I don't believe in name-calling or judging--particularly on a website like this which sanctions many diverse and different interpretations of the Bible's texts.

Personally, I guess I am pretty secure in my beliefs at my age. I used to be defensive and alarmed when I heard different folks have different ideas than I did, but now I pretty much trust God and remain grateful for anything new that I can learn from others.

...It is an interesting idea how some people will feel so threatened and challenged that they judge a person un-Christian and try to label and shame them to silence. I guess I am just surprised to still see that happening these days...

There's still the discipline of God you need to be mindful of!

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
You ought to be showing respect to, God the Father, God the Son, and God
the Holy Spirit! Disrespect for God is not something I'd want to get involved
with.
I am guessing that you are replying to my post.
Is that right?

If you are, I think perhaps you have a different idea of what "respect" specifically means here.

I have no qualms about my level of respect for God. I believe in the original meaning of the word "faith" in Jesus' day. It means "trust" and I trust God utterly.

And I see God's ultimate disclosure in one Jesus of Nazareth.

So I am confused as to your judgment of me as "disrespectful" to my faith.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
You ought to stop calling the Holy Spirit "it." Matthew 12:31 states:
Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be
forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall
not be forgiven unto men.

I'd be careful if I were you!
I see the true face of God as way, way beyond our human categorizations of gender. There are so many different metaphors in the Bible that stand for God (an old woman, a potter, a storm, an eagle, a mountain) that I can now understand the reluctance for Jews to speak his sacred name aloud.

Even today some Jews write his name as "G-D" to avoid being arrogant enough to think they know God ultimately.

Like Paul, I tend to see us all as beyond slave or master, beyond male and female, etc. when it comes to knowing the Lord.

Danoh

I just found out I was "awarded" an infraction because apparently my theology was threatening to someone.

This reminds me of when I lived in Vernal, Utah and the high school track coach had everyone run the 100-yard dash and when it was over gave an A to those who finished first, B's to those others, all the way down to the F's who weren't fast runners.

Just because I am not running like you are does not give you license to cut me down.

Just disagree with me. Any English-speaking adult knows how to disagree with others without being disagreeable, don't they? I believe in God and see his perfect expression on earth in Jesus of Nazareth. Because of my personal relationship with him, it does not destroy me to read of and learn about different beliefs that other Christians have. I am secure enough in my faith.

Apparently, it sure seems like others on TOL certainly are not.

This has nothing to do with how insecure some might or might not be in their faith.

Rather; its exact opposite.

You are posting out and out heresy.

Might as well assert the Lord was expressing insecurity in His intolerance with the traditions of men.

Not that that might make any sense to you for you don't even believe said writings were inspired.

But lets cut to the chase to the one of the two things that matters here - this faith of yours; what does it consist of; what is its basis?

Try attempting to ply Judo, or its precursor; Jiujutsu, in an Aikido class see if the red mark it gets you is anything but a red belt, lol.

A little levity, in hopes you loosen up as you topple from your high horse of supposed openness to any notion that happens to come along, lol

If the writings are so unreliable, what is it exactly you believe about salvation and how it is attained.

Lets get that out of the way; see if you are lost and confused, or simply confused.

I say that to you from the perspective of this writing - 2 Corinthians 5's:

18. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19. To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
20. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.
21. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Regarding verse 21; are you in, or are you out?

Or do you view that as another of those contradictions of the Spirit you have been going on about?

Is verse 21 your belief; if not; what is?

The rest is pointless without settling that much.

I say that to you in the spirit of verse 20.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I am guessing that you are replying to my post.
Is that right?

If you are, I think perhaps you have a different idea of what "respect" specifically means here.

I have no qualms about my level of respect for God. I believe in the original meaning of the word "faith" in Jesus' day. It means "trust" and I trust God utterly.

And I see God's ultimate disclosure in one Jesus of Nazareth.

So I am confused as to your judgment of me as "disrespectful" to my faith.

I've suggested to you that, you ought not to be showing ill-respect to the Holy Spirit, that's all. Do what you want, we all answer for our behavior in one way or another.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Even IF you're a "Child of God" (which I personally doubt?) God's "discipline"
could come upon you! Well, you've been warned anyway!
Again, I am guessing your comment here is to me.

You needn't worry about "discipline" for me. My constant experiences of my own behavior come to me every day and they tell me--with Jesus' help--that I have "missed the mark" (Biblical translation of the term "sin").

God's reality comes at me in spades in every moment. It is that that is my greatest teacher.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I see the true face of God as way, way beyond our human categorizations of gender. There are so many different metaphors in the Bible that stand for God (an old woman, a potter, a storm, an eagle, a mountain) that I can now understand the reluctance for Jews to speak his sacred name aloud.

Even today some Jews write his name as "G-D" to avoid being arrogant enough to think they know God ultimately.

Like Paul, I tend to see us all as beyond slave or master, beyond male and female, etc. when it comes to knowing the Lord.

Then, calling God, "it" is just fine with you?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I've suggested to you that, you ought not to be showing ill-respect to the Holy Spirit, that's all. Do what you want, we all answer for our behavior in one way or another.
To believe what you yourself are saying here, you must be fairly confident that you can read my mind or guess at my motives.

I know you are not accurate.

You certainly "feel" you are right. I am not arguing with you on that.

I am just saying my inner experience is much different than the experience you claim to be privy to.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
To believe what you yourself are saying here, you must be fairly confident that you can read my mind or guess at my motives.

I know you are not accurate.

You certainly "feel" you are right. I am not arguing with you on that.

I am just saying my inner experience is much different than the experience you claim to be privy to.

When I see a poster referring God to, "it" I speak up!

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Then, calling God, "it" is just fine with you?
Where did you see me specifically doing that?

It does not sound like me at all.

Sometimes I call God's action "it" but I don't feel comfortable even thinking of God being an "it." That was certainly not Jesus' experience and it is certainly not mine as well.

For example, I might think that the spirit of the divine is salvific and transformative and I do not assign a gender or title to that spirit of the divine. I guess I just think that any normative believer would know I was talking about God in a respectful way.

I would like you to cut and paste the words and phrases where I said this. Maybe I did say it and if I did I need to be accountable for it!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Where did you see me specifically doing that?

It does not sound like me at all.

Sometimes I call God's action "it" but I don't feel comfortable even thinking of God being an "it." That was certainly not Jesus' experience and it is certainly not mine as well.

For example, I might think that the spirit of the divine is salvific and transformative and I do not assign a gender or title to that spirit of the divine. I guess I just think that any normative believer would know I was talking about God in a respectful way.

I would like you to cut and paste the words and phrases where I said this. Maybe I did say it and if I did I need to be accountable for it!

I reported you, check out that report on the Woodshed. Do your own work.

heir

TOL Subscriber
No, you didn't.
I showed you what the word of truth is and how we rightly divide it, but you disapprove of the things that are excellent. That's on you, not me (Philippians 1:9-10 KJV). I study to shew myself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV). You should do the same 1 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV).

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I showed you what the word of truth is and how we rightly divide it, but you disapprove of the things that are excellent. That's on you, not me (Philippians 1:9-10 KJV). I study to shew myself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV). You should do the same 1 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV).

AMEN Sister!!

heir

TOL Subscriber
You are aware that the translators of the KJB instructed people to seek out other translations as well to protect against bias?
hahaha! No thanks! I am throughly furnished with all scripture in my KJB. I study the authentic that I can spot the counterfeit a mile away!

How do you know you are rightly dividing?...
1 Corinthians 2:13 KJV
especially when you dismiss so much Scripture as non-applicable to you or to the BoC.
Recognizing that while all of the Bible is for us, but not all to us is not dismissing scripture.
Tell me how anyone can cast division within the Body and indeed within Yeshua and still believe they are rightly dividing?
The religious that refuse to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV are the ones causing divisions (Ephesians 4:1-6 KJV).

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
hahaha! No thanks! I am throughly furnished with all scripture in my KJB. I study the authentic that I can spot the counterfeit a mile away!

1 Corinthians 2:13 KJV Recognizing that while all of the Bible is for us, but not all to us is not dismissing scripture. The religious that refuse to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV are the ones causing divisions (Ephesians 4:1-6 KJV).

Very good.