ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
what are you talking about?

When you get infraction, you get banned. You are not banned so you did not get infraction.
I got a couple of "red marks" in my CP section. All because of a difference in theologies and interpretations.

Differences shouldn't be threatening to those of a strong faith.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I see the report but not the infraction. What did you mean when you stated that the Ruach can contradict Himself. God never contradicts Himself.

Your track coach graded you? Oh man, that's messed up!
God never contradicts himself. He is running the show.

But those who are inspired by God frequently contradict themselves and others.

Everyone apprehends the divine through their own cultural and personal framework.

God does not change, but men and women's interpretations of him do.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
You had it coming for what you posted. Have another glass of "WHINE."
What did I post that seems to have made it okay for you to act immaturely and ignorantly toward my beliefs and thoughts?

It is perfectly allowable to disagree and criticize others in an adult and mature way.

We are not playing the sandbox any more.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
What did I post that seems to have made it okay for you to act immaturely and ignorantly toward my beliefs and thoughts?

It is perfectly allowable to disagree and criticize others in an adult and mature way.

We are not playing the sandbox any more.

Well, it might have something to do with you saying: "the Holy Spirit contradicts "itself?"

That's blasphemy, you know?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Well, it might have something to do with you saying: "the Holy Spirit contradicts "itself?"

That's blasphemy, you know?
The Holy Spirit comes from God. That's just my own opinion, however. I am accountable for my limited and all-too-human way of seeing things.

I also have the opinion that although the Holy Spirit is pure and sacred, our understanding of it and what it is telling us is limited and finite.

God is so far above us that we cannot approach him. Descriptions and theological language are poor attempts at fully knowing him.

But those are just my own beliefs. I am always responsible for their truth or falsity.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Your "Blasphemy" needed to be reported. You ought to be thanking me?

Yes, I certainly do thank you. Criticism is one of the main ways I learn something new and get to take into consideration opinions that are not my own.

One caveat, though:

I see a clear difference between "blasphemy" and "belief."
Lots of things were declared blasphemous or heretical throughout Christian history.

The idea that Jesus was a God and was actually a man in disguise was a very common belief among some Christians and it was declared a heresy by a council of bishops in the 4th Century.

Accepting the final book of the Bible, Revelation, was considered heretical. I think Martin Luther refused to recognize it and that was in the 1400s!

I don't believe in name-calling or judging--particularly on a website like this which sanctions many diverse and different interpretations of the Bible's texts.

Personally, I guess I am pretty secure in my beliefs at my age. I used to be defensive and alarmed when I heard different folks have different ideas than I did, but now I pretty much trust God and remain grateful for anything new that I can learn from others.

...It is an interesting idea how some people will feel so threatened and challenged that they judge a person un-Christian and try to label and shame them to silence. I guess I am just surprised to still see that happening these days...

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Holy Spirit comes from God. That's just my own opinion, however. I am accountable for my limited and all-too-human way of seeing things.

I also have the opinion that although the Holy Spirit is pure and sacred, our understanding of it and what it is telling us is limited and finite.

God is so far above us that we cannot approach him. Descriptions and theological language are poor attempts at fully knowing him.

But those are just my own beliefs. I am always responsible for their truth or falsity.

You ought to stop calling the Holy Spirit "it." Matthew 12:31 states:
Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be
forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall
not be forgiven unto men.

I'd be careful if I were you!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You ought to be showing respect to, God the Father, God the Son, and God
the Holy Spirit! Disrespect for God is not something I'd want to get involved
with.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Then, why not pack your bags and get outta Dodge?
I have a healthy set of boundaries and can stand up for myself. I am an active Christian and do not have to apologize to anyone. The days of the Inquisition are actually over with now, regardless of differently defensive believers tend to still support.

I am not afraid of criticism, especially critics who have a difference of opinion with my beliefs and thinking. Criticism is one of the main ways I can learn new things about myself and about others.

But since I have a different sort of relationship with Jesus than other believers might not have, I remain secure enough to realize that any immature mockery and insults say more about the person who flings them around than they do about me. I thank the teachings of Jesus to regard other folks as my spiritual relatives and to regard strangers as merely folks I don't yet know well.

I wish some people would just say "I disagree with you when you said ________________. I see things differently and when I take the Bible verse " ____________________" seriously, I see a different way to go."

Thanks to an intensive life of prayer for some years, I now feel I am better able to differ with others without insulting their dignity or calling them names.