Forced Vaccination is Wrong

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
If a person vaccinates their child, and that child catches a disease and then spreads it to another person, should the parent be charged with assault and thrown in prison?

Yes, and should liable for the sickness of anyone else's child they have infected by their irresponsibility also.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Your argument amounts to claiming the vax parent acted in good faith, so no punishment, while ALSO claiming the non-vax parent did not.

Yet, you know the non-vax parent is protecting their child every bit as much as the vaxing parent is.

What other public-health related sacrifices of conscience do you expect that people make and where would you finally draw the line?

(try to keep on topic and on top of the actual exchange we are having, the question of whether or not measles vaccines mutate doesn't happen over here)
the non-vaccinated parent acted if purely selfish self interests to protect only their child. The parent who vaccinated did so to protect their own child and, to a lessor degree, other children as well.

Forced isolation is non-invasive, but also Biblical under the correct circumstances.

By contrast, forced infection with vaccine strains or other forced biological enhancements or services to the community are very invasive in body and mind.
Both accomplish the same goal - keep the herd healthy. I fail to see any meaningful difference.

Sitamun

As long as you make money exposing others?

This is hypocrisy. You can knowingly expose your community because they didn't invent a vaccine for your particular sniffles and not call it a crime, even though you could do something about exposing others that does not involve a vaccine.

Now, do you suppose that God will wink at this while you force others to have a vaccination regardless of their concerns or convictions? Just because you need some extra money?

It's not ME making me work. It's my landlord, it's the grocery store, it's the utility companies. Providing a roof over my families head trumps possibly spreading a cold, sorry. Actually it's where I get sick myself. I got the flu shot, guess what? Didn't cover the flu strains that went around here this year. I have vaccinations silly. Hypocrisy would be forcing others to do what I will not. Extra Money? You think I work just so I can have a little spending money? If I don't work I can't pay rent, can't pay rent, we get evicted, then where would we be? It's simple, they don't vaccinate then they shouldn't be allowed in certain places where they WILL spread illnesses to others.

1PeaceMaker

the non-vaccinated parent acted if purely selfish self interests to protect only their child. The parent who vaccinated did so to protect their own child and, to a lessor degree, other children as well.

It's not selfish to act in the best interests of my child, it's being the parent God expects me to be.

Also, the non-vaccinating parent may believe their child would put other children at risk if they vaccinate them. After all, a vaccinated child could actually put an immune compromised sibling or friend at risk. That's just a fact.

Both accomplish the same goal - keep the herd healthy. I fail to see any meaningful difference.

Those methods are very different and of course you wouldn't notice. :rolleyes:

Lon

Can we all agree on that?
If your child is in public school, there is no choice and it makes sense when the general populace is meeting together. It isn't forced protection of 'your' child, but all children when it comes to that. Even Christian schools ask for that vaccination chart. When I am at church, I sure want to know if that guy sneezing next to me is vaccinated, or rather that I am!

I do understand, have no problem with exceptions. They may not be allowed to be in social public gatherings though. I believe I saw a few wavers coming into school. Because they are few, they are the ones at risk, but if any significant numbers were showing, they'd have to have a policy change on even that.

journey

Hosts of people, including children, used to die or suffer horrible effects before the days of vaccinations. Nobody in their right mind would want to go back in time to those days. Mandated vaccinations are just common sense for public health. The "what ifs" against mandatory vaccinations are nothing compared to the potential consequences of failure to vaccinate.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Maybe the pro-vaxxers could pay the taxes parents pay for public education, so they could send their kids to private schools. Private schools seem to be more lenient but won't be if laws are there to enforce compliance.

No thank you. I paid for the private schools that I sent my OWN children to just as MY parents paid for my private schooling. All of these schools had one common denominator. Mandatory vaccinations.

The only way to get around protecting your children against diseases via vaccinations is to homeschool them.

1PeaceMaker

If your child is in public school, there is no choice and it makes sense when the general populace is meeting together. It isn't forced protection of 'your' child, but all children when it comes to that. Even Christian schools ask for that vaccination chart. When I am at church, I sure want to know if that guy sneezing next to me is vaccinated :angel:

First of all, it isn't forced "protection" even though that's a comforting way to think of it for some. It's forced infection with a designer virus capable of mutating in a weak host and replicating, even reverting again becoming virulent.

Plus, why would it matter why the guy next to you is sniffling?

Seriously. Just because a few types have been tamed doesn't mean we should be forced to take a vaccine which could have adverse reactions and involves uncleanness shoved right under the skin or otherwise; exposing us to live viruses.

Any sniffles can kill. It just takes the right host.

That's why mandating vaccines would be stupid without mandating that all sick people and their contacts be quarantined for public health and safety.

1PeaceMaker

Hosts of people, including children, used to die or suffer horrible effects before the days of vaccinations. Nobody in their right mind would want to go back in time to those days. Mandated vaccinations are just common sense for public health. The "what ifs" against mandatory vaccinations are nothing compared to the potential consequences of failure to vaccinate.

Why not mandate blood donations, then?

elohiym

Hosts of people, including children, used to die or suffer horrible effects before the days of vaccinations. Nobody in their right mind would want to go back in time to those days.

How old are you?

People in the United States used to intentionally expose their children to measles and mumps because they saw them as harmless diseases in childhood.

Mandated vaccinations are just common sense for public health.

Are mandatory blood donations common sense for public health, too?

Ban bicycles and you will prevent children dying in bicycle accidents.

People can justify all sorts of things in the name of public health.

elohiym

No thank you. I paid for the private schools that I sent my OWN children to just as MY parents paid for my private schooling.

I pay for public schooling.

All of these schools had one common denominator. Mandatory vaccinations.

Were there exemptions?

The only way to get around protecting your children against diseases via vaccinations is to homeschool them.

I'm glad irrational vaccine fanatics are helping to grow the home-school movement. :)

elohiym

By contrast, forced infection with vaccine strains or other forced biological enhancements or services to the community are very invasive in body and mind.

Hush, woman! You only have the right to abort your unborn child, not refuse "the vaccine." :sibbie:

journey

Grasping at straws - the arguments are getting silly. One needs to look at the list of diseases that vaccinations prevent (i.e. Polio, for one).

elohiym

Then what is your point?

You are making the non-vaccinated children stay home as a means of persecuting them. If you think you are actually protecting others from them, you must be basing your belief on pseudo-science. Whoever is vulnerable in school and cannot be vaccinated can spread disease in the school; so can vaccinated children because there is a failure rate. Furthermore, when the children leave school they travel on public transportation and interact with the general public and other non-vaccinated individuals not mandated to vaccinate. Need I mention that determining whether or not one student infected another would be more than difficult to prove?

elohiym

Grasping at straws - the arguments are getting silly. One needs to look at the list of diseases that vaccinations prevent (i.e. Polio, for one).

List the vaccines you believe should be mandatory, or state that you believe any vaccine the government orders you to receive in the public interest should be mandatory?

1PeaceMaker

Hush, woman! You only have the right to abort your unborn child, not refuse "the vaccine." :sibbie:

That's right. A woman's bodily integrity only matters then to some.

If she's a child, mother, nurse or young woman trying to secure an education they can sell her out to pharmaceutical companies in the name of public health and safety.

oatmeal

Ok, but if a person fails to vaccinate their child, and that child catches a disease for which there is a vaccine and then spreads it to another person, the parent should be charged with assault and spend some time in jail. If that person dies, they should be charged with manslaughter. They should also be charged with child abuse.

How about homosexuals with AIDS or HIV, etc?

When they know they have it and have sex with multiple partners?

They tend to have more sex partners in a year than heterosexuals do in a lifetime.

I think the OP makes a good case for the point it is making