ECT Follow Paul!

Status
Not open for further replies.

john w

Hall of Fame
What "spiritual blessings" of the Jews did the Gentiles share with the Jews?

Did the sodomite answer my questions. Nope-as usual, he punts/bails.

"Homosexuality is a sin."-Tettie the sodomite

Again, wimpy sodomite Craigie. I have expressed my views on sodomy, your favorite topic, "homosexuality," and given you chapter and verse, where both the OC and NC condemn it, which I accept. Unlike you, however, I am not obsessed with it, effeminate Craigie.Now....Maybe a sodomite follower like you, Craigie, per....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetelestai View Post
No you didn't.

Show us where in the Bible it says so?
...and you say that you are against sodomy, (even though you are an unemployed sodomite, by your own admission)," can...

Show us where in the Bible it says so, i.e., chapter, verse, in the OC, and NC, where it is condemned.

I will wait, Wimpy, the unemployed leach.

Not a peep.

Demonic fraud. r

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus Christ.

It says "Spiritual Blessings" (Plural)

What were the Jewish spiritual blessings that the Gentiles shared in?

(Rom 15:27) hey were pleased to do it, and indeed they owe it to them. For if the Gentiles have shared in the Jews’ spiritual blessings, they owe it to the Jews to share with them their material blessings.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I once had an old Pentecostal tell me - and I quote - "the Gospel is tongues." I suspect more of them than him believe something like that.

When are you going to address the following:

(Luke 19:41-44) 1 As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it 42 and said, “If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes. 43 The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44 They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.”

You said the following:

He foretold it would happen. He did not say He would do or cause it.

The above passage in Luke 19 proves you wrong.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Little Johnny W the Dance Director can't understand why nobody preached the New Covenant before the New Covenant was put in place, and Cross Reference thinks the gift of tongues is still in place after 70AD

:bang:

Cross Reference

There is no purpose for tongues post 70AD in the New Covenant.

Name one advantage a believer in Christ would have with tongues in the post 70AD New Covenant?

There is no such thing as a "post 70AD covenant". See! There's proof you are wrong. . . and you should burn the books you are spamming.

Jerry Shugart

When Paul was converted on the Damascus road the Lord Jesus told him the following in regard to the Gentiles:

"To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me" (Acts 26:18).​

The only people who had been sanctified before Paul were Jewish believers. Therefore the Gentiles who believed were to share the same inheritance that was given to the Jewish believers.

The inheritance which the Gentile believers receive is said to be "among all them which are sanctified." That would surely be in regard to the Jewish believers. Paul also wrote the following to the church at Rome:

"For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem. It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things" (Ro.15:26-27).​

Since Paul spoke of others being in the Body of Christ before he was then it can be concluded that the shared "inheritance" of the Gentile believers and the Jewish believers included membership in the Body of Christ. The Gentiles were made partakers of the Jewish believer's spiritual things, and the inheritance they shared will be fulfilled on the day of redemption, the day when believers in the BOC will put on glorious bodies like the Lord Jesus' body at the rapture..

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There is no such thing as a "post 70AD covenant". See! There's proof you are wrong.

The NC was implemented in 30AD with the shed blood of Christ Jesus, but the OC didn't disappear for good until 70AD.

There was an overlap of the covenants.

The gift of tongues was only for the Jews during this 40 year period.

john w

Hall of Fame

(Rom 15:27) hey were pleased to do it, and indeed they owe it to them. For if the Gentiles have shared in the Jews’ spiritual blessings, they owe it to the Jews to share with them their material blessings.

Answer my post, Wimpy. You'v e punted my last 18 questions, sodomite.

"Homosexuality is a sin."

Again, wimpy sodomite Craigie. I have expressed my views on sodomy, your favorite topic, "homosexuality," and given you chapter and verse, where both the OC and NC condemn it, which I accept. Unlike you, however, I am not obsessed with it, effeminate Craigie.Now....Maybe a sodomite follower like you, Craigie, per....

"No you didn't.

Show us where in the Bible it says so?"-Tettie

...and you say that you are against sodomy, (even though you are an unemployed sodomite, by your own admission)," can...

Show us where in the Bible it says so, i.e., chapter, verse, in the OC, and NC, where it is condemned.

Still waiting, Wimpy, the unemployed leach.

And tell us, since you assert, in sophistry/deceit, accusing us MAD wackos of following Paul, and not "following Jesus...following Christ," but you, of course, being a good little Catholic Preterist drone, do "follow Jesus," "follow Christ, not Paul," the Lord Jesus Christ's teaching on one of your favorite topic-sodomy. Provide chapter, verse, on His words on it.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nowhere in the Bible did Gentiles experience the gift of tongues.

It was strictly for the Jews between 30AD and 70AD.

And.....the gift of tongues was more prominent after the cross, and faded away as 70AD approached.

Right Divider

Body part

Yes, INDEED!
Eph 1:3-12 KJV Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: (4) According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: (5) Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, (6) To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. (7) In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; (8) Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; (9) Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: (10) That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: (11) In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: (12) That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

Cross Reference

When Paul was converted on the Damascus road the Lord Jesus told him the following in regard to the Gentiles:

"To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me" (Acts 26:18).​

The only people who had been sanctified before Paul were Jewish believers. Therefore the Gentiles who believed were to share the same inheritance that was given to the Jewish believers.

The inheritance which the Gentile believers receive is said to be "among all them which are sanctified." That would surely be in regard to the Jewish believers. Paul also wrote the following to the church at Rome:

"For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem. It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things" (Ro.15:26-27).​

Since Paul spoke of others being in the Body of Christ before he was then it can be concluded that the shared "inheritance" of the Gentile believers and the Jewish believers included membership in the Body of Christ. The Gentiles were made partakers of the Jewish believer's spiritual things, and the inheritance they shared will be fulfilled on the day of redemption, the day when believers in the BOC will put on glorious bodies like the Lord Jesus' body at the rapture..

Sounds good to me. . . :) Now you need to explain when the rapture [so called] happens if not as described in Rev 12:5?

Right Divider

Body part

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry..... Paul said IN CHRIST, he did NOT say "in the Body of Christ". You're fudging to make your story fit. That's a NO-NO with God's Word!

Status
Not open for further replies.