Feminism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The Church also teaches that wives should be baby cannons, so what you state is basically pointless.

9 months is a loooong time to wait to be together by itself, not to mention women who cant have any more kids, and those who reach menopause, oh well none for you guys lol - you know you have no argument, watching you try here, is sad really.

PS - oh and except for mary, like you say all women should be like, married to a man she was never with according to RCC theology...

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
I suppose one's never seen a good Catholic family having an upward of six or seven kids?
It's a lot more common then one might think. They keep it real :up:

The 5 solas

I suppose one's never seen a good Catholic family having an upward of six or seven kids?
It's a lot more common then one might think. They keep it real :up:

My church is filled with families that have 4-6 kids...I think it is awesome. Not because they HAVE to though...gotta love Christian liberty. A quiverful is an honour to the Lord though, that is true.

I guess my flippant post was to say...the RCs are almost like the Pharisees were, setting up upteen extra rules to abide by that are nowhere to be found in Scripture. Especially the sex ones....they were just asking for trouble with those...celibacy for their priests and sex for procreation only..ouch.

IMJerusha

The Church is really strict, but a Catholic is only lousy if they manage to get booted out of communion; the Church adamantly acknowledges who is a worthy Catholic and who needs repentance.

I've never been booted out of a Catholic communion. No man has the right to prevent me from attending Yeshua's invitation.

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
My church is filled with families that have 4-6 kids...I think it is awesome. Not because they HAVE to though...gotta love Christian liberty. A quiverful is an honour to the Lord though, that is true.

I guess my flippant post was to say...the RCs are almost like the Pharisees were, setting up upteen extra rules to abide by that are nowhere to be found in Scripture. Especially the sex ones....they were just asking for trouble with those...celibacy for their priests and sex for procreation only..ouch.

Celibacy of the priests is a discipline of the Church, it's not some law written in the stars.

However, the Church does take vows very seriously. This goes back to the middle ages, such as when a knight might make vows to a king- it is an amendment that, if broken, is just *bad sauce*; very dishonorable.

Such disciplines are to ensure that priests know what they are in for and certain of what they want to do.

Also
The Bible speaks more on sex then almost any other human act. It's everywhere in scripture, and for good reason apparently.

I doubt you could find anything about how the Church goes about sex that isn't somewhere within the Bible.

~And~
Just as the Pharisee were the seat of Moses, the Catholic Magisterium are the seat of Peter.

IMJerusha

I have known many wonderful people who call themselves RC, but did not appear to be *good Catholics*. Shoot, when I was a Catholic, I wasn't a good one either.

Maybe that is because you were focusing on being a good Catholic as opposed to being a good Christian. That's not a negative on you. It's a side effect of Catholic doctrine. Some Catholics are impervious to it, some are not, and that is why I believe God brings some people out of the Catholic church.

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
I have known many wonderful people who call themselves RC, but did not appear to be *good Catholics*. Shoot, when I was a Catholic, I wasn't a good one either.

I don't know on what basis you are comparing them, but..
compare them to the Irish mob. They're Catholic :up:

Also
~Do not judge by appearance, but judge just judgement~

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And then how to decorate the man cave...

Decorate? You mean add a whole new room to accommodate the large screen TV, pizza boxes and empty beer cans? Best to make it sound proof to save on having to turn up the television or radio full blast to drown out all the *fun*.

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
Maybe that is because you were focusing on being a good Catholic as opposed to being a good Christian. That's not a negative on you. It's a side effect of Catholic doctrine. Some Catholics are impervious to it, some are not, and that is why I believe God brings some people out of the Catholic church.

I've read some good Catholic before, and it's admitted that it's almost implausible for most to follow every single thing of the Church to a tee- but that it's also possible nonetheless, and that is what the ordinances of the clergy help one to succeed in.

It's not expected that one be perfect within the Church. Monks tried to do it in the Early Ages, and you'd be surprised how far that rabbit hole goes.

The 5 solas

Celibacy of the priests is a discipline of the Church, it's not some law written in the stars.
We are part of the royal priesthood of believers and no, we do not have to be celibate. I think that bit must be written elsewhere, because it sure is not in the Scriptures.

However, the Church does take vows very seriously. This goes back to the middle ages, such as when a knight might make vows to a king- it is an amendment that, if broken, is just *bad sauce*; very dishonorable.

Yes, I think there is a lot of bad sauce being passed around.

Also
The Bible speaks more on sex then almost any other human act. It's everywhere in scripture, and for good reason apparently.

Yes, Song of Solomon for the win!

I doubt you could find anything about how the Church goes about sex that isn't somewhere within the Bible.
I have yet to see where it says the marital bed is for procreation only..... Song of Solomon seems to have it there for more than that.

~And~
Just as the Pharisee were the seat of Moses, the Catholic Magisterium are the seat of Peter.

The Pharisees were the seat of Moses as teachers of the Law but that in no way supports the Magisterium for the RCC. Besides that, the Pharisees were rebuked by the Lord Himself for being hypocrites and not knowing the true and Living God.

Status
Not open for further replies.