Feminism

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Catholicism is old school.
The Church tells inconvenient truths, and we deal with it however we will.

It seems that you like to adopt OT's David and Solomon's life style.

You don't appreciate Jesus' holy teachings.

It is so clear that Jesus is not your Lord.

THall

Back to feminism,
it is stupid.
People should
be judged based on
their performance,
not their sex.

For example

In general, women make
really lousy race car drivers.
However Danica Patrick, is a
great driver, the exception,
so she should be allowed to race.

Shirley Muldowny is also an exception, and
there will be others.

Women make lousy Tomcat pilots,
there were no exceptions.

Women make lousy SEALS, there
are no exceptions.

Feminism is stupid, in some jobs
women can't cut it, in other jobs
there are a few exceptions.

In some jobs women outperform
the majority of men. Feminism
is stupid. Look at the individual
and measure their performance
at the required level and stop talking
like a fool about "equality".

bybee

Back to feminism,
it is stupid.
People should
be judged based on
their performance,
not their sex.

For example

In general, women make
really lousy race car drivers.
However Danica Patrick, is a
great driver, the exception,
so she should be allowed to race.

Shirley Muldowny is also an exception, and
there will be others.

Women make lousy Tomcat pilots,
there were no exceptions.

Women make lousy SEALS, there
are no exceptions.

Feminism is stupid, in some jobs
women can't cut it, in other jobs
there are a few exceptions.

In some jobs women outperform
the majority of men. Feminism
is stupid. Look at the individual
and measure their performance
at the required level and stop talking
like a fool about "equality".

It is not equality, one to one, that is of importance, but, equality of opportunity is of importance.

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
I wonder when men and women will play beside each other in major league sports. other then ~never~ :chuckle:

We all know why they are separated. In fact, with sports records, men routinely break whatever a woman sets.

Reminds me of the lie we told in elementary school; the rumor that girls are stronger then boys, just to make the supremacy of the boys seem less apparent.
That's what feminism does; spreads lies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I wonder when men and women will play beside each other in major league sports. other then ~never~ :chuckle:

Do you know who Annika Sorenstam is? She dominated the LPGA and asked if she could compete in a PGA event. She was met with opposition saying stay in your own league that you asked for.

I myself said let her take the beating if she is up to the challenge. And she was gracious enough to acknowledge how much better they were than her. It seems like she failed to make the cut in all the events, but did not finish dead last. Almost, but not the highest score. If they want to wrestle or play football, let them. They get hurt? So, men get hurt too. Jack Tatum killed a man on the football field. Better be ready.

bybee

We all know why they are separated. In fact, with sports records, men routinely break whatever a woman sets.

Reminds me of the lie we told in elementary school; the rumor that girls are stronger then boys, just to make the supremacy of the boys seem less apparent.

This is a sad state of affairs. Foolish competition. Men and women each have their strengths. We are meant to complete one another not compete with one another.

The 5 solas

Men and women are different physiologically; men are stronger than women, with only some exceptions. God made them that way with the larger muscle mass so they can be the providers and protectors. That is not news to anyone. Women who want to go up against men in sports or physical activities are the extremists.

I think that part of the reason people react like they do towards you, Sky, is because of your choice of wording. To say things like, "the supremacy of the boys", does nothing but create a defensive posture. Colloquially speaking, "Them are fighting words."

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dail down the talk on 'M' word---TMI. This thread may find itself locked too if you don't.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
I saw this being discussed within another thread and thought it would be interesting to get it out in the open, so others can participate as well.

People seem to have varying definitions of what feminism is, in their minds and how they apply it to their lives. I would be interested to hear some of the various views by the men and women of this forum and how they live it out.

I am personally opposed to the secular concept of feminism and what is being pushed in our society. It is representative of a lust for power, usurping of authority and emasculation of the men. It has helped destroy the family unit by making women dissatisfied with their roles as wives and mothers, leading to the disintegration of society overall.

For me, it is a matter of equality with role distinctions, as laid out in the Scriptures.

The word Feminism was usurped and hijacked by radical Leftists. For them, Feminism means abortion and bra-burning, but there is nothing really feminine about that at all.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

That's ... interesting that you think this is about playing sports when it's about being treated equal in society. That means the right to vote. The right to hold office, work outside the home, etc. based on QUALIFICATIONS.

In the home, it means not being stuck underneath the thumb of someone who is doing all the wrong things and wishes to rule the roost like a little dictator. Some women do not mind being ruled and treated badly ... in third world countries. It's about treating women with a lack of respect that you would never consider treating a man with.

Don't like it ... that's too bad. Based on your words in this thread and others, you helped create the situation and need that you are whining about.

IMJerusha

The word Feminism was usurped and hijacked by radical Leftists. For them, Feminism means abortion and bra-burning, but there is nothing really feminine about that at all.

The so-called experts seem to disagree with you, CC.

"Feminists and scholars have divided the movement's history into three "waves". The first wave refers mainly to women's suffrage movements of the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries (mainly concerned with women's right to vote). The second wave refers to the ideas and actions associated with the women's liberation movement beginning in the 1960s (which campaigned for legal and social rights for women). The third wave refers to a continuation of, and a reaction to the perceived failures of, second-wave feminism, beginning in the 1990s." From the GWANET Network And, you know, the GWANET Network defines gender! (I could have sworn it was God that defined gender but what do I know!? :idunno: )

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You would, because you like to lie.

In fact, I have no idea what an M-Word is. Do you?

And Dail is not a word.

I know that for people like you, facts are disrespectful. Perhaps if you try to be an honest person you will not find facts so distasteful

DIAL. It's fairly apparent IK made a transposition error. And the "M" word. Read Skybringer's post and refer to the recent thread that Knight shut down.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
The so-called experts seem to disagree with you, CC.

"Feminists and scholars have divided the movement's history into three "waves". The first wave refers mainly to women's suffrage movements of the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries (mainly concerned with women's right to vote). The second wave refers to the ideas and actions associated with the women's liberation movement beginning in the 1960s (which campaigned for legal and social rights for women). The third wave refers to a continuation of, and a reaction to the perceived failures of, second-wave feminism, beginning in the 1990s." From the GWANET Network And, you know, the GWANET Network defines gender! (I could have sworn it was God that defined gender but what do I know!? :idunno: )

Hmmm. Here's what jumped out at me: Feminists writing about Feminism.

Would that be like Nazis writing about Nazi history? Ya' think it might be just a tad biased?

Status
Not open for further replies.