Faith, Not Works, Justifies the Ungodly, Romans 4:5.

Cross Reference

I'm sorry Robert Pate, but separating faith from works is just plain stupid. Faith IS a work or it's just sophistry. Faith is the work of trusting in God's being and promise by the way we live our lives. And in fact those promises manifest in our lives, or they don't, by the way we live them.

To claim to have faith in God, and then to live as if we have no faith in God, simply makes our claim of faith an empty boast. So that when you pick and choose Bible quotes to try and separate faith from behavior, to venerate faith and invalidate or excuse behavior, you are being dishonest about both.

Indeed, faith is the work of producing in us the necessary allegiance to God for overcoming our the "law of the flesh" know as "self-gradification" or "vanity" as mentioned in Rom 8:20 that Paul refers to himself being subjected to in Rom 7.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I'm sorry Robert Pate, but separating faith from works is just plain stupid. Faith IS a work or it's just sophistry. Faith is the work of trusting in God's being and promise by the way we live our lives. And in fact those promises manifest in our lives, or they don't, by the way we live them.

To claim to have faith in God, and then to live as if we have no faith in God, simply makes our claim of faith an empty boast. So that when you pick and choose Bible quotes to try and separate faith from behavior, to venerate faith and invalidate or excuse behavior, you are being dishonest about both.

sure, if faith is a work Amen. God counts it as righteousness -

Genesis 15:6 KJV - Romans 4:7-8 KJV - Romans 4:16 KJV -

Romans 4:22-23 KJV - Romans 4:24 KJV -

Hebrews 11:5 KJV - Hebrews 11:6 KJV - Hebrews 11:13 KJV -

Hebrews 11:24-25 - Hebrews 11:39-40 KJV -

Cross Reference

Don't leave out Abraham's faith and the proving of it over a generation of time for Him to move on in God.

Robert Pate

Banned

JUSTIFICATION: God's work for us in Jesus, The Gospel, which is salvation.

SANCTIFICATION: God's work in us by the Holy Spirit. The Christian life.

It is heresy to confuse these two separate aspects of Christianity.

Robert Pate

Banned

Right!

I don't believe that faith is a work, but if it is, then it is a work that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5.

Cross Reference

JUSTIFICATION: God's work for us in Jesus, The Gospel, which is salvation.

SANCTIFICATION: God's work in us by the Holy Spirit. The Christian life.

It is heresy to confuse these two separate aspects of Christianity.

It is stupidity on your part not to recognize their relationship to intimacy with God ___ to "know" him.

Robert Pate

Banned
It is stupidity on your part not to recognize their relationship to intimacy with God ___ to "know" him.

Intimacy with God can only be experienced by faith in His Son Jesus Christ and his Gospel.

MYSTICISM: 1. The doctrine or belief that through contemplation and love man can achieve a direct an immediate and consciousness of God or divine truth.

The Bible knows nothing of this and I know that this is where you are at.

beloved57

Intimacy with God can only be experienced by faith in His Son Jesus Christ and his Gospel.

MYSTICISM: 1. The doctrine or belief that through contemplation and love man can achieve a direct an immediate and consciousness of God or divine truth.

Wonder if you don't believe the Gospel?

Cross Reference

Repent

Cross Reference

I knew of a guy that said Jesus sat on the edge of his bed every morning and spoke with him.

Does Jesus speak to you in an audible voice?

No, but i can imagine who speaks to you.

Question: What kind of personal relationship do you believe Jesus had with His Father that is not intended for those who love Him?

Was it a "mystical" relationship do you suppose?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Question: What kind of personal relationship do you believe Jesus had with His Father that is not intended for those who love Him?

Was a "mystical" relationship?

Who do you IMAGINE speaks to Pate? In my personal
opinion, I think the only one who speaks to you, is your
own warped mind? No offence intended.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Unfortunately, I need to make you privy to something of Great
importance. That being, you're one of a group of posters that,
"excel" at being ignorant. Your IQ happens to be lower than
your shoe size. No offence intended.

Robert Pate

Banned

Was it a "mystical" relationship do you suppose?

Christians are taught and led by the Holy Spirit, John 14:26 also John 15:26.