ECT Does 'fulfilled prophecy' reinforce the Bible?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Let's check the words of Jesus on the matter:

Revelation 3:3
3 [JESUS]Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.[/JESUS]​

Revelation 16:15
15 [JESUS]Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.[/JESUS]​

Most people can see that both "Jesus will come as a thief" and "Jesus comes as a thief" are correct.
You are not like most people.

Here are the only two places in the Bible that use the phrase "thief in the night":

1 Thessalonians 5:2
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

2 Peter 3:10
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.​

Yeppers.

God's Truth

Liar.

If you think you are not a liar, then post the verse where Jesus says that.

You are exactly what you call me. You are a dumb woman, even if you are a man.

Hebrews 9:28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.

Did you read that?!

Jesus will come as a thief in the night.

Revelation 16:15
"Look, I come like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and remains clothed, so as not to go naked and be shamefully exposed."

Did you read that? Stay awake because he hasn't come again yet.

You judged yourself exactly right---dumb and a liar.

genuineoriginal

Look at that, Deff.
What say ye about that?

Who or what is Deff?

All I can say about it is that some people have no problem with claiming that the Word of God says something not found in any Bible, and it is usually those same people that call others ignorant for stating what the Bible actually says.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Many people have been taught the lie that Jesus comes as a thief in the night through books and movies about the Dispensationalist Rapture.
I believe in dispensations, and I believe in a rapture.
But, yes, I believe some things some folks use as a rapture reference are not a reference to the rapture.

But you are right.
Scripture says Jesus will come as a thief, and never says Jesus will come as thief in the night.
Scripture does however say the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night.

God's Truth

Who or what is Deff?

All I can say about it is that some people have no problem with claiming that the Word of God says something not found in any Bible, and it is usually those same people that call others ignorant for stating what the Bible actually says.

THAT IS YOU. You called me ignorant for not believing what YOU say.

genuineoriginal

Hebrews 9:28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.

Did you read that?!

Jesus will come as a thief in the night.
:rotfl::darwinsm::rotfl::darwinsm::rotfl::darwinsm::rotfl::darwinsm::rotfl::darwinsm::rotfl::darwinsm::rotfl::darwinsm:

It looks like you are determined to prove that you cannot read.

God's Truth

But, yes, I believe some things some folks use as a rapture reference are not a reference to the rapture.

But you are right.
Scripture says Jesus will come as a thief, and never says Jesus will come as thief in the night.
Scripture does however say the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night.

The scripture SAYS Jesus will come as a thief in the night!

1 Thessalonians 5:2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.

genuineoriginal

I don't believe in dispensations, I believe in the written covenants.
I don't believe in a rapture separate from the first resurrection, so I don't see any references to the rapture in the Bible.
:idunno:

But you are right.
Some people will never understand that, no matter how many times they see it in their Bibles.