ECT Does 'fulfilled prophecy' reinforce the Bible?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
YOU said there is no as a thief in the night.

Can't you see the scripture that says thief in the night?

1 Thessalonians 5:2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.
GO said that you can provide no scripture that says that it is Jesus that comes as a thief in the night.

And you haven't.

genuineoriginal

Where are you Genuineoriginal? Did you go away, like you told me to do? Are you going to admit you are the ignorant woman and a liar?
No, I am going to keep calling you an ignorant woman and a liar.
(I can't call you an ignorant man, can I?)

You are ignorant about what the Bible says, no matter how many times the words are put in front of you.
Then you keep lying about what the Bible says, even though the words are right there proving you are lying.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, I am going to keep calling you an ignorant woman and a liar.
(I can't call you an ignorant man, can I?)

You are ignorant about what the Bible says, no matter how many times the words are put in front of you.
Then you keep lying about what the Bible says, even though the words are right there proving you are lying.
It's like pulling teeth with her.
Blind to what is written.

genuineoriginal

If Jesus does not come as a thief in the night---why do we have to stay awake?
We need to be awake so the day of the Lord does not overtake us as a thief.

1 Thessalonians 5:4
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.​

Do you really want to ignore this scripture:

1 Thessalonians 5:2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.
The only one ignoring what it says is you.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The scripture SAYS Jesus will come as a thief in the night!

1 Thessalonians 5:2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.
That scripture says the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night.
It does not say Jesus will come as a thief in the night,

God's Truth

That scripture says the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night.
It does not say Jesus will come as a thief in the night,

Revelation 16:15
"Look, I come like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and remains clothed, so as not to go naked and be shamefully exposed."

The day of the Lord is the day the LORD COMES AGAIN.

God's Truth

Jesus say He will come as a thief.
Jesus does not say He will as a thief in the night.

That is your addition to the verses.

Apostle Paul says it is in the night. Jesus says stay awake. Do people need to be told to stay away in the day?

1 Thessalonians 5:1 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not quite.

The day of the Lord is a phrase used for God sending one nation against another nation as a punishment.

Zechariah 14:1-2
1 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.​

Isaiah 13:6
6 Howl ye; for the day of the Lord is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.​

Yes.
The day of the Lord is a reference to the wrath.

That wrath is not for us.
1 Thessalonians 5 KJV
(4) But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
(5) Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
(6) Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
(7) For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
(8) But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
(9) For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,​

Danoh

Over the years, many phrases in Scripture have ended up in people's every day expressions.

They go through a tough time on a new job and later, when describing that time, they'll describe it as "my baptism of fire."

Years later, while training their replacement, they might refer to their own past experience as "back in the day."

Only a fool would conclude said person was referring to an actual, 24 hour day.

The time of Jacob's Trouble is neither a day nor a night. In that day, many days and nights will be involved.

The point is that that day will come upon them like a thief does - just when one shuts one's eyes to reality, and concludes "ah, peace and safety..."

In that day, many will be found sleeping on the job.

No, not one's J.O.B.

And that has to do with those appointed to wrath, not with those not appointed to wrath.

God's Truth

When Jesus comes again, it will be as a thief in the night. That means we have to be ready and not in sin, because when Jesus comes again, IT WILL NOT BE to bear sin.

When Jesus comes again, IT WILL BE THE time of the RESURRECTION.

It will be the time of the Great White Throne Judgment, and he will save us from the wrath of God---the lake of fire.

Danoh

When Jesus comes again, it will be as a thief in the night. That means we have to be ready and not in sin, because when Jesus comes again, IT WILL NOT BE to bear sin.

It will be the time of the Great White Throne Judgment, and he will save us from the wrath of God---the lake of fire.

And you'll probably still be singing this confused gospel of yours IN said lake.

Awake woman!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

I don't know anyone who claims that when Jesus comes it will be to bear sin.

He bore all of our sins on the cross, two-thousand years ago.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
"It will be the time of the Great White Throne Judgment, and he will save us from the wrath of God---the lake of fire."

This is what we get when one pretends to be a theologian.

God's Truth

Danoh says I am going to the lake of fire because I say, "When Jesus comes again, it will be as a thief in the night."

Here is the scripture which says Jesus is coming as a thief in the night:

1 Thessalonians 5:1 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.

That means we have to be ready and not in sin, because when Jesus comes again, IT WILL NOT BE to bear sin.

Here is the scripture which says that:

Hebrews 9:28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

Revelation 11:18 The nations were angry, and your wrath has come. The time has come for judging the dead, and for rewarding your servants the prophets and your people who revere your name, both great and smalland for destroying those who destroy the earth.”

Revelation 20:11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. 12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds.…