ECT Does 'fulfilled prophecy' reinforce the Bible?

God's Truth

From the Bible, ever heard of it ? Your good works and deeds count for nothing.

The works that count for nothing is circumcision, the observance of special days, various external washings, and the sacrifice of animals.

It matters what we do in the flesh.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The works that count for nothing is circumcision, the observance of special days, various external washings, and the sacrifice of animals.

It matters what we do in the flesh.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.
Colossians 3:23-25 KJV are guidelines, not commands from Christ

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I gave the scripture first and then you went against me by merely posting other scriptures. When people do that, it is an avoidance to speak about the scripture given.
I know that it is hard to go against the Truth. Mocking me is not a defense to what you claim.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am speaking about the flesh accounting for nothing.

Acts 2 KJV
(30) Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Romans 1 KJV
(3) Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

Interplanner

Acts 2 KJV
(30) Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Romans 1 KJV
(3) Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

This 'flesh' of descendancy is not always the sin-nature.

Even though he was to be born of that lineage, "God can raise up children of Abraham out of these stones!"--John the Baptiser.

God's Truth

Acts 2 KJV

Romans 1 KJV

What Interplanner said.

genuineoriginal

Tambora, What promise exactly do you believe God did not yet keep?!
When was this fulfilled?

Isaiah 54:17
17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.​

When was this fulfilled?

Isaiah 60:16-18
16 Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the Lord am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.
17 For brass I will bring gold, and for iron I will bring silver, and for wood brass, and for stones iron: I will also make thy officers peace, and thine exactors righteousness.
18 Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise.​

God's Truth

When was this fulfilled?

Isaiah 54:17
17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.​

When was this fulfilled?

Isaiah 60:16-18
16 Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the Lord am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.
17 For brass I will bring gold, and for iron I will bring silver, and for wood brass, and for stones iron: I will also make thy officers peace, and thine exactors righteousness.
18 Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise.​

Jesus says he fulfilled everything. Why do you say he did not?

And beginning with Moses and with all the prophets He explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures (Luke 24:27).

Jesus said to them, "These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled" (Luke 24:44). He said, "For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote of Me" (John 5:46).

Luke 22:37
It is written: 'And he was numbered with the transgressors'; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment."

John 4:34
"My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.

John 17:4
I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do.

John 19:30 When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

But the things which God announced beforehand by the mouth of all the prophets, that His Christ should suffer, He has thus fulfilled (Acts 3:18).

genuineoriginal

Jesus says he fulfilled everything. Why do you say he did not?
Jesus did not say that, why do you claim He did?

And beginning with Moses and with all the prophets He explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures (Luke 24:27).

Jesus said to them, "These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled" (Luke 24:44). He said, "For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote of Me" (John 5:46).

Luke 22:37
It is written: 'And he was numbered with the transgressors'; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment."

But the things which God announced beforehand by the mouth of all the prophets, that His Christ should suffer, He has thus fulfilled (Acts 3:18).
You seem to have completely ignored the parts I highlighted.

Everything written in the Law and the Prophets about Jesus's first coming were fulfilled in His first coming.

There are many things written about the children of Israel and many things about the second coming that were not fulfilled during the first coming of Jesus.
These await a future fulfillment at the second coming of Jesus.

God's Truth

Jesus did not say that, why do you claim He did?

You seem to have completely ignored the parts I highlighted.

Everything written in the Law and the Prophets about Jesus's first coming were fulfilled in His first coming.

There are many things written about the children of Israel and many things about the second coming that were not fulfilled during the first coming of Jesus.
These await a future fulfillment at the second coming of Jesus.

Jesus said it is finished.

No one has another chance when Jesus comes again.

Jesus comes as a thief in the night and we HAVE TO BE READY.

Being ready means being ready.

It does not mean second chance for those blood related to Abraham.

The Bible says it does NOT matter anymore to whom one is blood related.

The only thing that matters is the blood of Jesus Christ.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

He said 'tetelestai/it is finished', meaning 'paid in full'. He paid for our sins completely at the cross. It does not mean that all OT prophecy is fulfilled.

No one has another chance when Jesus comes again.

I don't think anyone is saying that.

Being ready means being ready.

Are ya' ready, yet?

It does not mean second chance for those blood related to Abraham.

It's not a second chance for anyone.
It will be the first chance for many.

The Bible says it does NOT matter anymore to whom one is blood related.

That is referring to the new entity called the body of Christ.
It is not referring to GOD's plan for His prophetic people Israel.

The only thing that matters is the blood of Jesus Christ.

Yep!

genuineoriginal

This is the "it" that Jesus said was finished.

Philippians 2:8
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.​

Jesus comes as a thief in the night
Jesus said He would come as a thief.
Paul and Peter said the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night.

You are mishandling the Word of God by mixing the two up.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1 Thessalonians 5 KJV
(2) For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
(3) For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
(4) But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.​

It won't be as thief in night for us.

God's Truth

1 Thessalonians 5 KJV
(2) For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
(3) For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
(4) But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.​

It won't be as thief in night for us.

If you are ready by not sinning.

God's Truth

This is the "it" that Jesus said was finished.

Philippians 2:8
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.​

Jesus said He would come as a thief.
Paul and Peter said the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night.

You are mishandling the Word of God by mixing the two up.

I am doing no such thing.

Just believe what the Bible says.

Jesus fulfilled the LAW and the PROPHETS.