ECT Does 'fulfilled prophecy' reinforce the Bible?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Reference?

Here's two but there's lots of 'em.

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Reference?
You need a reference to know that David's throne was an earth throne????????????

Think you could give a reference to David ruling from anything other than an earth throne?
Where do you even get the idea that David ruled anywhere other than on earth?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

These are what I am talking about.

This is talking about Jesus' ruling, not David.

David was used for Jesus' ruling because he pleased God for his faithfulness.

But he was only used for Jesus.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
These are what I am talking about.

This is talking about Jesus' ruling, not David.

Yes, I agree, it is talking about the Lord Jesus ruling, but our point is that the Lord Jesus will return to earth and rule from David's throne, Jerusalem, Israel.

David was used for Jesus' ruling because he pleased God for his faithfulness.

True, but much more.

But he was only used for Jesus.

Adam, Eve, Seth, Noah, Shem, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Judah, David etc. were all used as the avenue through which the Lord Jesus would come, but GOD promised David that his throne would not be left vacant and that Messiah would sit on his throne, Jerusalem, Israel.

God's Truth

Yes, and GOD promised that the ruler would sit on David's throne.
Is the Lord Jesus sitting on David's throne now?

I tell you that something greater than the temple came.

But you think what is lesser is something Jesus is looking towards doing.

Jesus is greater than David, yet you think David's throne from earth is something our Great God is going to strive to accomplish.

I can hardly believe what I hear.

Jesus is ruling NOW from heaven.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I tell you that something greater than the temple came.

But you think what is lesser is something Jesus is looking towards doing.

Jesus is greater than David, yet you think David's throne from earth is something our Great God is going to strive to accomplish.

I can hardly believe what I hear.

Jesus is ruling NOW from heaven.

Steko is correct and as usual, you are not. Big surprise huh?

God's Truth

That is about Jesus, a blood relative of David SITTING ON THEE THRONE.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You need a reference to know that David's throne was an earth throne????????????

Think you could give a reference to David ruling from anything other than an earth throne?
Where do you even get the idea that David ruled anywhere other than on earth?

Meshak listens carefully to the voices in her hat.