ECT Does 'fulfilled prophecy' reinforce the Bible?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I tell you that something greater than the temple came.

But you think what is lesser is something Jesus is looking towards doing.

Jesus is greater than David, yet you think David's throne from earth is something our Great God is going to strive to accomplish.

I can hardly believe what I hear.

Jesus is ruling NOW from heaven.

Yes.

If it were not so then Jesus would be moving from His Heavenly Throne in the Heavenly Holy City to a throne in the earthly Jerusalem, while the overcomers remain in the Heavenly Throne without Him--

a real no no.

Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

LA

God's Truth

Yes.

If it were not so then Jesus would be moving from His Heavenly Throne in the Heavenly Holy City to a throne in the earthly Jerusalem, while the overcomers remain in the Heavenly Throne without Him--

a real no no.

Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

LA

Excellent point.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
David's throne was a rule over Israel. Jesus is ruling over Israel.

I can hardly believe you think that Jesus is going to have an earthy throne on this earth, and give up God's throne for it.

Yes that's the problem......you don't believe.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.

So, you come around and post the exact same Scriptures that I did and that's supposed to prove something?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
These are what I am talking about.

This is talking about Jesus' ruling, not David.

David was used for Jesus' ruling because he pleased God for his faithfulness.

But he was only used for Jesus.

I know it's talking about the Lord Jesus ruling.
I haven't said anything different.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I tell you that something greater than the temple came.

Yes, I know that.
It was the Lord Jesus Himself.

But you think what is lesser is something Jesus is looking towards doing.

Everything is 'lesser' than the Lord Jesus.
You make no sense. Poor logic!

Jesus is greater than David, yet you think David's throne from earth is something our Great God is going to strive to accomplish.

Of course the Lord Jesus is greater than David.
I haven't said anything otherwise.
The throne of David has irrevocably been promised to the Lord Jesus. You take a stand against GOD's purposes which He repeatedly states and arrogantly change the definition of His words.

I can hardly believe what I hear.

EXACTLY!

Jesus is ruling NOW from heaven.

Heb 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
Heb 10:13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

Heb 2:8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I know it's talking about the Lord Jesus ruling.
I haven't said anything different.

that's strange.

Aren't you MAD follower?

Why don't you have anything against Tam's comments?

She seems to be saying David rule over earth.

She gives mixed messages and one comments about it, she crys out "liar".

God's Truth

Yes, I know that.
It was the Lord Jesus Himself.

Everything is 'lesser' than the Lord Jesus.
You make no sense. Poor logic!

Of course the Lord Jesus is greater than David.
I haven't said anything otherwise.
The throne of David has irrevocably been promised to the Lord Jesus. You take a stand against GOD's purposes which He repeatedly states and arrogantly change the definition of His words.

EXACTLY!

Heb 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
Heb 10:13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

Heb 2:8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

We will see Jesus sitting on his throne in the sky.

Jesus is not going to sit on a throne from earth.

In fact, when the time comes for Jesus to live on the NEW earth with us---he will hand over the kingdom to the Father.

The promise of the seed from David is COMPLETE IN THAT HIS OWN SEED IS SITTING ON GOD's THRONE.

It is unbelievable that you cannot see it.

genuineoriginal

Just listen to the both of you. You both say Jesus will come and walk this earth JUST TO PUNISH JEWS. That is nonsense.
You are speaking nonsense.
Jesus uses the iron rod on the nations, as the Bible says.
He is coming to save the children of Israel and restore the kingdom to Israel, not to punish them.
The punishment of the Jews is the great tribulation, the exile that began in 70 CE and has continued for 2000 years.
There is no need for another punishment on top of that.

genuineoriginal

Jesus is RULING over ISRAEL and EVERYONE ELSE---from God's THRONE.

Jesus is only ruling over the people that have heard the word and believed it.
He is not ruling over Israel or the Nations, yet.
That doesn't happen until He is given the kingdom and returns, as scriptures states will happen.

God's Truth

You are speaking nonsense.
Jesus uses the iron rod on the nations, as the Bible says.
He is coming to save the children of Israel and restore the kingdom to Israel, not to punish them.
The punishment of the Jews is the great tribulation, the exile that began in 70 CE and has continued for 2000 years.
There is no need for another punishment on top of that.

Jesus already came to save us. When he comes again he will NOT come to bear sin.

You can only be saved if your sins are washed away.

God's Truth

Jesus is only ruling over the people that have heard the word and believed it.
He is not ruling over Israel or the Nations, yet.
That doesn't happen until He is given the kingdom and returns, as scriptures states will happen.

Jesus is ruling over everyone and everything.

1 Corinthians 15:27 For he "has put everything under his feet." Now when it says that "everything" has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.

Ephesians 1:22 And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church,

Ephesians 1:21 far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.

Colossians 2:10 and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.

The scriptures say the HEAD OF EVERY POWER AND AUTHORITY. YOU say no not every.

genuineoriginal

The Jews missed their Messiah because they thought he was going to sit on an earthly throne.

The Jews missed their Messiah because they didn't want to repent as God told them they had to do.
If the Jews had repented, they would have recognized their Messiah, and Jesus would have restored the kingdom to Israel soon after the crucifixion.
But, because of the unrepentance of the Jews, the land and temple were desolated and the children of Israel went into another exile, known as the great tribulation.
After the end of the great tribulation, Jesus will return and restore the kingdom to Israel.

genuineoriginal

God says every. Genuineoriginal says no not every.

1 Corinthians 15:28
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.​

All things have not been subdued unto Jesus yet.