Does Calvinism Make God Unjust?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So, he not only doesn't believe in the Trinity nor can he comprehend eternal life and death. He seems really mixed-up.

Yes.

I use the poll results as an "add to ignore list" tool. Avoids wasting time discussing things with someone already too far gone. My ignore list used to be quite large, but I decided that deniers of the Trinity, in other words, non-Christians, is the most effective means of avoiding time wasting discussions on all the other oddities such persons also carry around as baggage. Would be nice to have a rule that all members must vote in the Trinity poll. That would really help weeding out who is worth engaging and who is generally not.

AMR

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If it is a real place that exists right now, then where is it? It's not mentioned as existing until Jesus Christ returns to earth, and seems as if it's a real thing on earth that people can see with their own eyes. I really don't know why you would assume that.

Also, where did you get the idea that the damned have an "eternity" to spend? Is it not written, that eternal life is the gift of God, but the wages of sin is death? And in another place that God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whomsoever believes in him might not perish, but have eternal life?

The Lake of Fire exists in the Spiritual realm not the physical.

Rosenritter

Preterists are those who believe all of the prophecies of the Bible have already occurred in 70AD or some such nonsense. It's a false doctrine and a silly one at that.

You said that you believed the book of Revelation was perceived in real time, as a real event. It describes the battle of Armageddon and Christ's return, the resurrection of the saints, the rule of the saints with Christ for 1000 years, and the resurrection of the rest of the dead, and the sentencing of the devil. I have trouble understanding how it was all in real time, because that would make Christ's return something that happened in the past, in the first century.

2 Timothy 2:17-18 KJV
(17) And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
(18) Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

Maybe I misunderstood what you meant by real-time. For sure I didn't know what you intended by that.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Yes.

I use the poll results as an "add to ignore list" tool. Avoids wasting time discussing things with someone already too far gone. My ignore list used to be quite large, but I decided that deniers of the Trinity, in other words, non-Christians, is the most effective means of avoiding time wasting discussions on all the other oddities such persons also carry around as baggage. Would be nice to have a rule that all members must vote in the Trinity poll. That would really help weeding out who is worth engaging and who is generally not.

AMR

I have to admit, I agree with you.

Rosenritter

The Lake of Fire exists in the Spiritual realm not the physical.

Why do you make that assumption? Other descriptions of the same event seem very real and physical.

Malachi 4:1-3 KJV
(1) For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
(2) But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
(3) And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You said that you believed the book of Revelation was perceived in real time, as a real event. It describes the battle of Armageddon and Christ's return, the resurrection of the saints, the rule of the saints with Christ for 1000 years, and the resurrection of the rest of the dead, and the sentencing of the devil. I have trouble understanding how it was all in real time, because that would make Christ's return something that happened in the past, in the first century.

2 Timothy 2:17-18 KJV
(17) And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
(18) Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

Maybe I misunderstood what you meant by real-time. For sure I didn't know what you intended by that.

I said, I believed the part where John sees the final judgment scene, in my OPINION, is in real time? (Speculation, theory, hypothesis.) Remember, with God, a day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as a day. (Paraphrased) We are enslaved by the clock, God isn't.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Why do you make that assumption? Other descriptions of the same event seem very real and physical.

(1) For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
(2) But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
(3) And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.

The JUDGEMENT is taking place at the Throne of God, not somewhere on earth.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Please tell me you have a point you're trying to make?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Bible states in Ephesians 6:12 "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Yes.

AMR

Well you are in for a rude shock.

The trinity doctrine was formulated by the harlot church of the RCC.

Christ Himself teaches the truth to His own disciples.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Yes,
the righteous walk over the ashes of the wicked.

They do have feet, and the wicked were killed on the earth in this instance--

Rev 14:9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
Rev 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
Rev 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

L