Does Calvinism Make God Unjust?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Until Paul was met on the road to Damascus by the Ascended Lord Jesus Christ, the only Gospel being preached was the Kingdom Gospel to the House of Israel. (Jews, if you prefer) Paul was the Apostle to the Gentiles and preached the "Grace Gospel" to the Gentiles.

Was Jesus Christ the Savior of Paul?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Until Paul was met on the road to Damascus by the Ascended Lord Jesus Christ, the only Gospel being preached was the Kingdom Gospel to the House of Israel. (Jews, if you prefer) Paul was the Apostle to the Gentiles and preached the "Grace Gospel" to the Gentiles.

Was Jesus Christ the Savior of Paul?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Paul's writings made up the Grace Gospel. Romans through Philemon. The Grace Gospel is the only Gospel being preached in this Dispensation of Grace. Both Jew and Gentile receive eternal life through hearing this Gospel and placing their faith in Christ as their Savior.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
So if as you say, Jesus Christ was Savior to the house of Israel, as well as Savior to Paul and the Gentiles, then is He also your Savior?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not an Arminian. So, how am I supposed to answer as one?
Sure you are. You and not a few others like to claim "I cannot be labeled other than {Christian, Bible Believer, Grace Gospeler, etc}. Within the realm of professing believers there are distinct flavors that have historical labels despite the self-absorption of some who think they are just too unique to be labeled.

1. Universal prevenient grace (all men are able to choose wisely, not really totally depraved) - Check
2. Those that were, are, or will be saved were not elected by God before time without meritorious reasons - Check
3. The Atonement was not limited to God's chosen ones, but was for all mankind - Check
4. Efficacious grace is resistible, God woos but those so wooed can resist unto death and damnation - Check
5. Those saved can lose their salvation - Check or Not Check depending upon the Arminian group

Walks. Quacks. It is. Duck. Hence, you are part and parcel a modern day Arminian no matter what you claim to the contrary. Just own it as you cannot escape it. :AMR:

AMR

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Sure you are. You and not a few others like to claim "I cannot be labeled other than {Christian, Bible Believer, Grace Gospeler, etc}. Within the realm of professing believers there are distinct flavors that have historical labels despite the self-absorption of some who think they are just too unique to be labeled.

1. Universal prevenient grace (all men are able to choose wisely, not really totally depraved) - Check
2. Those that were, are, or will be saved were not elected by God before time without meritorious reasons - Check
3. The Atonement was not limited to God's chosen ones, but was for all mankind - Check
4. Efficacious grace is resistible, God woos but those so wooed can resist unto death and damnation - Check
5. Those saved can lose their salvation - Check or Not Check depending upon the Arminian group

Walks. Quacks. It is. Duck. Hence, you are part and parcel a modern day Arminian no matter what you claim to the contrary. Just own it as you cannot escape it. :AMR:

AMR

Think what you may. Does it really have any effect on my existence, what you think of me?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Nang, if you tell me with all honesty, you don't know for sure, I'll answer you.

I honestly don't know if you confess Jesus Christ as your Savior, when you tell others He was only sent to the house of Israel.

You are not of that house.

As far as I know you are a Gentile.

But you also say Paul and the Gentiles, to whom Paul preached the good news of Jesus Christ, were saved by the grace of Jesus Christ.

So is Jesus Christ your Savior?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
People have their own opinions about others. Sometimes we can change their opinion, sometimes not. In the final analysis, does it really matter what people THINK of us? We are what we are, other people's thoughts about us can't change that fact.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Think what you may. Does it really have any effect on my existence, what you think of me?
What I think is the reality of your position no matter how you may resist the label.

As to what I think of you, it serves to establish what is "in" and what is "out" related to what you believe. Accordingly, it sets markers for fruitful discussion of sacred matters. That is why labels can be useful in theological discourse such that the discussions can move forward effectively.

I also consider you a brother, a very confused brother, but brother nonetheless. Unfortunately, not a few of the vocal crowd here on your side of the theological fence will extend the same courtesy in my direction.

AMR

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I honestly don't know if you confess Jesus Christ as your Savior, when you tell others He was only sent to the house of Israel.

You are not of that house.

As far as I know you are a Gentile.

But you also say Paul and the Gentiles, to whom Paul preached the good news of Jesus Christ, were saved by the grace of Jesus Christ.

So is Jesus Christ your Savior?

You can't honestly say you haven't heard of the two Gospels being preached two thousand years ago. It comes up on this forum constantly. Don't act like you're that naive.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You can't honestly say you haven't heard of the two Gospels being preached two thousand years ago. It comes up on this forum constantly. Don't act like you're that naive.

I know you believe there are two gospels, but does that mean you think there are two Saviors?

Is Jesus Christ your Savior?

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
People have their own opinions about others. Sometimes we can change their opinion, sometimes not. In the final analysis, does it really matter what people THINK of us? We are what we are, other people's thoughts about us can't change that fact.
Of course we all care at some level about what people think about us. To not do so means we are sociopaths. So your claim is meaningless word salad that may help you rest easy in odd rationalizations. The thoughts of others have no bearing upon us until these thoughts are actualized into words and deeds. Once actualized, they do change us either for the good or the bad, unless, of course, we are, as noted above, sociopaths and ignoring the teachings of Scripture concerning how the witness of our faith changes another.

AMR

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
What I think is the reality of your position no matter how you may resist the label.

As to what I think of you, it serves to establish what is "in" and what is "out" related to what you believe. Accordingly, it sets markers for fruitful discussion of sacred matters. That is why labels can be useful in theological discourse such that the discussions can move forward effectively.

I also consider you a brother, a very confused brother, but brother nonetheless. Unfortunately, not a few of the vocal crowd here on your side of the theological fence will extend the same courtesy in my direction.

AMR

To be honest with you, I believe Calvinism is a "Cult belief" and a well-crafted counterfeit belief system. I believe Calvinists worship another gospel and another god. John Calvin was a savage, brutal, sadistic, false teacher and an evil/wicked tyrant. He was culpable for the murder executions of over fifty some human beings. Calvinism MUST change the character and intent of the true God of the Bible to fit their false doctrines and false gospel. I leave Calvinists in the hands of God. They reject the Grace Gospel and that's a HUGE problem for them.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Of course we all care at some level about what people think about us. To not do so means we are sociopaths. So your claim is meaningless word salad that may help you rest easy in odd rationalizations. The thoughts of others have no bearing upon us until these thoughts are actualized into words and deeds. Once actualized, they do change us either for the good or the bad, unless, of course, we are, as noted above, sociopaths and ignoring the teachings of Scripture concerning how the witness of our faith changes another.

AMR

You and I have a free will to choose what we desire to place our faith in. You've chosen Calvinism and I've chosen The Grace Gospel route. (Paul's Gospel.) I believe that is the way to eternal life as you believe Calvinism to be the way to eternal life. By the way, if you think I'm a "Sociopath" or worse, I couldn't care any less.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I know you believe there are two gospels, but does that mean you think there are two Saviors?

Is Jesus Christ your Savior?

There WERE two Gospels. The Kingdom Gospel and The Grace Gospel. Today, there is one Gospel, that being, the Grace Gospel as taught by the Apostle Paul.