Does Calvinism Make God Unjust?

Nanja

Same old stupid doctrine that you must first be saved so that you can be saved.

The Election of Grace Rom. 11:5 were saved before the world began:

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

Election is Salvation!

~~~~~

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

Election is Salvation!

~~~~~

Baloney at its finest.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned

Election is Salvation!

~~~~~
14045921_1730868163843159_1200467113698080532_n.jpg

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
The Calvinist version of the doctrine of election is not in the bible anywhere at all. Not one single syllable of what they teach concerning election is even hinted at anywhere in any bible ever printed on planet Earth.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I agree.

But they aren't contradicting one another. The fact that man has a will, does not negate the fact that GOD is all knowing.

This thread is supposed to be about Calvinism but the point you've made here is more of an Arminian argument. Calvinism believes their god knows everything in advance though so my response will still be appropriate.

I had originally posted something quite a bit more in depth than simply posting the following syllogism but I can't overcome the emotional inertia required to rewrite the whole thing and so I'm boiling it down to the most important aspect of the post which is the following proof that infallible foreknowledge and free will are mutually exclusive concepts...

T = You answer the telephone tomorrow at 9 am

1. Yesterday God infallibly believed T. [Supposition of infallible foreknowledge]
  2. If E occurred in the past, it is now-necessary that E occurred then. [Principle of the Necessity of the Past]
  3. It is now-necessary that yesterday God believed T. [1, 2]
  4. Necessarily, if yesterday God believed T, then T. [Definition of “infallibility”]
  5. If p is now-necessary, and necessarily (p → q), then q is now-necessary. [Transfer of Necessity Principle]
  6. So it is now-necessary that T. [3,4,5]
  7. If it is now-necessary that T, then you cannot do otherwise than answer the telephone tomorrow at 9 am. [Definition of “necessary”]
  8. Therefore, you cannot do otherwise than answer the telephone tomorrow at 9 am. [6, 7]
  9. If you cannot do otherwise when you do an act, you do not act freely. [Principle of Alternate Possibilities]
  10. Therefore, when you answer the telephone tomorrow at 9 am, you will not do it freely. [8, 9]

When you respond, don't simply repeat your position and pretend like the argument doesn't exist. Either make some attempt to refute the argument or admit that you are unable to do so.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God is not unjust in calvinism but instead He is glorified in showing His mercy towards unworthy sinners whom he has chosen before the foundation of the world..why? because all are sinners Rom.3:10,Eccl.7:20..and the wages of sin is death Rom.6:23..not only physical death but the second death..that is why He showed up His mercy and love to the people whom He chosen unto salvation 2Thess.2:13-compare Eph.2:3-5..
How is it that you suppose that GOD cannot be merciful unless there is no freewill?
Freewill or not, GOD can be merciful to sinners.

Nanja

God's Mercy is only for His Vessels of Mercy which He had afore prepared unto glory Rom. 9:23.

~~~~~

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God shows His mercy to sinners, according to His will alone. His saving grace is not contingent upon the will of man, at all, for none of them seek His grace. Romans 3:11
I agree that GOD can be merciful whether men have freewill or not.
That was my point ---- that GOD can be merciful if he gave all men freewill or if He gave no men freewill.

Brother Ducky

The only thing that changed in the fall is that man lost his relationship with God. His free will is alive and well.

Interesting thesis statement. Why don't you visit a maternity ward and convince the women that they are not in pain. Or show me that there are no weeds in my garden.

Rather than make broad sweeping statements out of the blue, how about making a case for a non-reformed Biblical anthropology that makes free will salvation viable?

reyjun moncada

You missed the most important part of Romans 6:23.

"But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"

No one needs to be lost because salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

All that one has to do to be saved is to call upon the name of the Lord, Romans 10:13.

how can man do the calling without being quicken spiritually by God? read Psalm 80:18-19..

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Interesting thesis statement. Why don't you visit a maternity ward and convince the women that they are not in pain. Or show me that there are no weeds in my garden.

Rather than make broad sweeping statements out of the blue, how about making a case for a non-reformed Biblical anthropology that makes free will salvation viable?

You ONLY reason this way, because, you had "Calvinist indoctrination" transplanted into your mindset. Basically, you have been brainwashed over long periods of time and cannot see the forest for the trees.