Does Calvinism Make God Unjust?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

popsthebuilder

Oh sure, I believe ya. :crackup:
Why would I not wish you the best?

Are we to love only ourselves or only out brother? Or are we to love our enemy as well?

Regardless of how you view me, you aren't my enemy. My only enemy is myself.

I don't have to wish you ill just because I don't agree with you on a point.

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If Calvin didn't embrace the "Grace Gospel" before he died, this verse will apply to him: Revelation 20:12 "And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works."

These are the unsaved people John saw at the judgment seat.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Why would I not wish you the best?

Are we to love only ourselves or only out brother? Or are we to love our enemy as well?

Regardless of how you view me, you aren't my enemy. My only enemy is myself.

I don't have to wish you ill just because I don't agree with you on a point.

Peace

Whatever you say.

popsthebuilder

I'll say what I've said before, Calvinists change the character and intent of the God of the Bible in order to fit their "belief system." AMR is one of the more civil Calvinists, however, he still rejects "The Grace Gospel" and embraces the "Calvinist cult." Others on this site are caught in the same trap of deceit.
Could you explain how things being ordained since before the creation of the earth negates grace?

If GOD is all knowing and all powerful then things being destined don't remove grace

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Could you explain how things being ordained since before the creation of the earth negates grace?

If GOD is all knowing and all powerful then things being destined don't remove grace

Calvinists (perhaps, like yourself) believe that God chose before the foundation of the world who He would set aside as the "Elect" and the rest He condemned to eternal damnation. That's not what the Bible teaches. God's Grace is offered to a world of lost sinners by the death and resurrection of Christ and received through those who hear the Gospel and place all their faith in Christ as their Savior. Christ died for the sins of ALL of humanity. (Past, present, and future sins) That's why in Revelation 20:12 it states: "And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works."

You'll notice it doesn't say: according to their "SINS" In order to receive eternal life though, your faith is the prerequisite. Otherwise, you'll be judged by your works and be cast into the Lake of Fire.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

It's justice that it removes as well as grace, making both terms meaningless.

Calvinists will readily admit that they believe grace to be arbitrary, what most don't realize and what other's realize but ignore is the fact that believing that God's grace is arbitrary means that His justice is as well. Arbitrary justice is a contradiction in terms, as is arbitrary grace and thus both are made up philosophical fantacy.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Calvinists are quick to say: "You DON'T understand Calvinism!!" According to them, they're the ONLY beings on planet earth that are capable of understanding the so-called, "Truths of Calvinism." No matter how much you know about the history of this "Cult" they will continue to say: "You have not the understanding of Calvinism." (Reformed Theology.)

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Evidently, TB wears "Rose colored glasses" when he reads up on the history of John "The Pope of Geneva" Calvin."

Whether he's right or wrong, I'd prefer that he make the argument. It's way more interesting than making the bald assertion or posting a link to someone else's work.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
These 'debates' (arbitrary decrying) get old.

Better to just sit back and watch them lie to themselves and then lie to each other :rolleyes:

popsthebuilder

Calvinists (perhaps, like yourself) believe that God chose before the foundation of the world who He would set aside as the "Elect" and the rest He condemned to eternal damnation. That's not what the Bible teaches. God's Grace is offered to a world of lost sinners by the death and resurrection of Christ and received through those who hear the Gospel and place all their faith in Christ as their Savior. Christ died for the sins of ALL of humanity. (Past, present, and future sins) That's why in Revelation 20:12 it states: "And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works."

You'll notice it doesn't say: according to their "SINS" In order to receive eternal life though, your faith is the prerequisite. Otherwise, you'll be judged by your works and be cast into the Lake of Fire.
The elect are to be guides for all. They are to help lead the sheep unto the Father by the way of the Christ through the Holy Spirit.

They aren't to be guiding them to hell.

Your gross neglect of the obvious in favor of casting things in a negative light just because you don't understand them or agree with them is noted.

Peace

Last edited: