Does Calvinism Make God Unjust?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Get your head out of your butt

Thanks for that sentiment above. It's very helpful and full of love. Frankly, I don't care what posters who follow false doctrines/false gospels think of me. They can hate my guts and it doesn't bother me in the least. I absolutely "HATE" false doctrines and false gospels. I preach against them and those who try and spread them. If you can't take the heat, place me on ignore or pack your bags and get outta Dodge. It's your choice. I'm not changing my M.O. for the likes of you or anybody like you. I preach the "Grace Gospel" that was given to the Apostle Paul by the Ascended Lord Jesus Christ. Anything else is considered "Another gospel" and not worthy of being preached. The surest way to failure is to try and please everybody.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Spiritual Regeneration is an inward change in man performed solely by the Holy Spirit and is not dependent upon man's help or cooperation..

A New Birth
John 1:12 - John 1:13
12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Rom.9:16 -
16 So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy.
John 3:3 -
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."4 Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?"5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.7 "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'8 "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.".

1Pet.1:3 -
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
1Pet.1:23 -

23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,

Robert Pate

Banned
Spiritual Regeneration is an inward change in man performed solely by the Holy Spirit and is not dependent upon man's help or cooperation..

A New Birth
John 1:12 - John 1:13
12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Rom.9:16 -
16 So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy.
John 3:3 -
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."4 Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?"5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.7 "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'8 "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.".

1Pet.1:3 -
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
1Pet.1:23 -

23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,

The word of God is the Gospel, deceiver.

We are born again by hearing and believing the Gospel, just like on the day of Pentecost. They heard, they believed and they were born again by the Holy Spirit, Acts 2:1-47.

Paul wrote, "Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith? (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2

Faith and the Holy Spirit are only given to those who hear and believe the Gospel.

popsthebuilder

Thanks for that sentiment above. It's very helpful and full of love. Frankly, I don't care what posters who follow false doctrines/false gospels think of me. They can hate my guts and it doesn't bother me in the least. I absolutely "HATE" false doctrines and false gospels. I preach against them and those who try and spread them. If you can't take the heat, place me on ignore or pack your bags and get outta Dodge. It's your choice. I'm not changing my M.O. for the likes of you or anybody like you. I preach the "Grace Gospel" that was given to the Apostle Paul by the Ascended Lord Jesus Christ. Anything else is considered "Another gospel" and not worthy of being preached. The surest way to failure is to try and please everybody.
Playing parrot are we?

I thought I had made it clear;

I have little interest in your opinion.

I wish you the best though.

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
The link in the above post is an excellent refutation of an argument that I've never seen anyone make - ever. Not on this thread or anywhere else on this site.

The fact that I haven't seen it doesn't mean it hasn't been made at all but I promise you that AMR and other Calvinists on this site think it's being made every time Calvin's character is brought up. Of course, Calvinists have no other alternative (aside from conceding the point). Calvin's character is as flawed as its possible to be and so they resort to refuting an argument that wasn't actually made in order to save face. Calvin's character is also the reason many of them no longer want to be called Calvinist. They prefer "reformed" as though that somehow makes any difference. The funny thing about that is that some of them don't realize why "Reformed" is preferred over "Calvinism" and have begun distancing themselves from actual Reformed doctrine whenever you quote it in Calvin's own words. They're developing a collective allergy to the man.

AND FOR GOOD REASON!

There is no reason why anyone should ever hold John Calvin in high esteem. He was a despicably unjust, power hungry, tyrant of a person and he worshiped a god that he created in his own image. His doctrine was not wrong BECAUSE he was an awful person, as AMR's argument would suggest is the argument being made but the point simply is that you should get to know those you put your trust in. If they prove unworthy of your trust in one area, question everything else. On what planet would you have to come from to think that a murderous tyrant is going to believe in (much less develop) a religion that worships a just god or that the man's character is wholly unrelated to his religious beliefs?

Resting in Him,
Clete

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
The link in the above post is an excellent refutation of an argument that I've never seen anyone make - ever. Not on this thread or anywhere else on this site.

The fact that I haven't seen it doesn't mean it hasn't been made at all but I promise you that AMR and other Calvinists on this site think it's being made every time Calvin's character is brought up. Of course, Calvinists have no other alternative (aside from conceding the point). Calvin's character is as flawed as its possible to be and so they resort to refuting an argument that wasn't actually made in order to save face. Calvin's character is also the reason many of them no longer want to be called Calvinist. They prefer "reformed" as though that somehow makes any difference. The funny thing about that is that some of them don't realize why "Reformed" is preferred over "Calvinism" and have begun distancing themselves from actual Reformed doctrine whenever you quote it in Calvin's own words. They're developing a collective allergy to the man.

AND FOR GOOD REASON!

There is no reason why anyone should ever hold John Calvin in high esteem. He was a despicably unjust, power hungry, tyrant of a person and he worshiped a god that he created in his own image. His doctrine was not wrong BECAUSE he was an awful person, as AMR's argument would suggest is the argument being made but the point simply is that you should get to know those you put your trust in. If they prove unworthy of your trust in one area, question everything else. On what planet would you have to come from to think that a murderous tyrant is going to believe in (much less develop) a religion that worships a just god or that the man's character is wholly unrelated to his religious beliefs?

Resting in Him,
Clete
the allegation that John Calvin had a guys killed is false. He had no authority to order anyone killed.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Arminians simple question. Do you believe that Christ's sheep will NEVER perish???

14089023_1031456176950851_2669638226691099986_n.jpg

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Calvin was known as "The Pope of Geneva." He was an evil/wicked man.

http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/michael-servetus.htm

Have you ever heard of Michael Servetus? If you are like most, you have not. Why? Because of the Michael Servetus cover-up!Let me change that and reveal an important part of church history from the Reformation period that has been so concealed in our day that very few people know the facts. Brace yourself for a shock.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'll say what I've said before, Calvinists change the character and intent of the God of the Bible in order to fit their "belief system." AMR is one of the more civil Calvinists, however, he still rejects "The Grace Gospel" and embraces the "Calvinist cult." Others on this site are caught in the same trap of deceit.