Does Calvinism Make God Unjust?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nice move of the goal post there but it does your position no good at all because the torment wouldn't have to last ten minutes for it be unjust if those being punished had no ability to do otherwise.

You would think anyone with any common sense at all would see that.

Brother Ducky

So you now believe this:
And when the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord, and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed.
Acts 13:48
?????????????????????????????

Robert Pate

Banned
So you now believe this:
And when the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord, and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed.
Acts 13:48
?????????????????????????????

Everyone has been appointed to eternal life, Hebrews 2:9. Unfortunately, only some receive the appointment.

Brother Ducky

Interesting.

It seems to me that if we are to take anything from scripture we have to believe that:
1] Those appointed to eternal life [predestinated] believe.
2] All are appointed to eternal life
3] Therefore all believe.

Robert Pate

Banned
Interesting.

It seems to me that if we are to take anything from scripture we have to believe that:
1] Those appointed to eternal life [predestinated] believe.
2] All are appointed to eternal life
3] Therefore all believe.

Salvation has been provided for all, Hebrews 2:9. But not all want it. Only those that want it will be saved.

God will give everyone what they want. Unfortunately, not everyone is going to be happy with what they get.

popsthebuilder

I have to admit, I don't quite buy your story. No offense intended. Posters sometimes exaggerate, don't tell the whole story or out and out lie. However, I'm not accusing you of any of these things. I just don't quite believe it.
I haven't even explained my position or where I came from so how can you not buy it? I'm not selling anything anyway. And how would it profit me to tell people on a religious site that I was an atheist for the vast majority of my life.

Lastly; why would I care if someone who showed themselves to be biased, deceitful and proud believed what I said in regards to myself. If it was pertinent to your salvation then I would care, but my personal experiences can't save you so it is irrelevant.

Guess that wasn't last after all.

Quick question; if you didn't mean to offend then why else would you falsely accuse someone of lying?

Saying you don't by my story is implying that I am telling a lie.

Most would get quite offended if someone was openly accusing them of lying in case you genuinely meant that you meant no offence... Which is a lie in itself.

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sorry, you haven't convinced me. However, don't give up hope, there are plenty of ignorant and naive folks out there ready to jump on anything that sounds "half way" feasible.
You just continue to toss out the passage, despite being corrected about your facile conclusions.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...here-Between&p=4558668&viewfull=1#post4558668

You have yet to produce anything that resembles proper interpretation of the passage to support your opinions. You just continue to nakedly assert it as a "proof" for something.

And when you receive an answer, you retreat behind lack of effort or willingness to digest a corrective:

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?89868-Spammers-wasteland&p=4746326&viewfull=1#post4746326

Your primary purpose seems to be to sit along the sidelines while others do the heavy lifting in discussions and then you chime in with atta-boys or cavils depending upon the context and persons in a discussion. You really seem to have nothing to contribute of substance that would edify the brethren. Toadying to the mob seems to be all that interests you. Hiding your light under a basket is such a shame, GM. You could do better.

AMR

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You just continue to toss out the passage, despite being corrected about your facile conclusions.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...here-Between&p=4558668&viewfull=1#post4558668

You have yet to produce anything that resembles proper interpretation of the passage to support your opinions. You just continue to nakedly assert it as a "proof" for something.

And when you receive an answer, you retreat behind lack of effort or willingness to digest a corrective:

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?89868-Spammers-wasteland&p=4746326&viewfull=1#post4746326

Your primary purpose seems to be to sit along the sidelines while others do the heavy lifting in discussions and then you chime in with atta-boys or cavils depending upon the context and persons in a discussion. You really seem to have nothing to contribute of substance that would edify the brethren. Toadying to the mob seems to be all that interests you. Hiding your light under a basket is such a shame, GM. You could do better.

AMR

This is YOUR opinion and you're welcome to it. Please don't concern yourself about me, I'm fine.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I haven't even explained my position or where I came from so how can you not buy it? I'm not selling anything anyway. And how would it profit me to tell people on a religious site that I was an atheist for the vast majority of my life.

Lastly; why would I care if someone who showed themselves to be biased, deceitful and proud believed what I said in regards to myself. If it was pertinent to your salvation then I would care, but my personal experiences can't save you so it is irrelevant.

Guess that wasn't last after all.

Quick question; if you didn't mean to offend then why else would you falsely accuse someone of lying?

Saying you don't by my story is implying that I am telling a lie.

Most would get quite offended if someone was openly accusing them of lying in case you genuinely meant that you meant no offence... Which is a lie in itself.

I'm almost certain you have more important issues to address in your life? Go about your, "Walk of Life."

popsthebuilder

I'm almost certain you have more important issues to address in your life? Go about your, "Walk of Life."
The most important things to me are those things that that are obedient and pleasing to GOD and those things that allow me to better help others.

I have better things to do? I'm doing them. What about you. Seems your interests have little to nothing to do with the commands of GOD, yet here you are simply attempting to ridicule others and defame their character. It's obvious you have no desire to help the actual faithful. Apparently you just want to argue. So please; won't you add something of substance. Your constant badgering is weak and telling of your character.

So far you've said I need spell check, and that I'm a liar. Your contributions to this thread have been worthless just as your demeanor.

What worth is the opinion of a man that spouts derogatory nonsense towards people he doesn't know, all while claiming to be a Christian?

You know one of the things I like about Christianity? It's very easy to see or point out the actual followers of the teachings of the Christ and the hypocrite.

Can you guess which you are acting like, or are you still having trouble understanding me?

Better yet; if I'm an incomprehensible liar then why do you keep quoting me?

Until you add something of some other substance than deceit, I am done with you. I'm not here to contend for the sake of contention. I'm here to learn and teach.

I don't know what you're here for. Apparently to attack any who don't agree with you.

I'm not even a Calvinist. Get your head out of your butt, or at least stop talking out of it. It's humiliating and you seem to care what others here think.

I really do hope you begin to conversate rather than offend. I really hope you learn what GOD wants from you which isn't what you are doing. Past that; I hope we can move past this.

Peace

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Robert... why are you so obsessed with this topic? Do you realize that few if any mull this topic over before trusting Christ as their Savior. Only after we become Christians, do we concern ourselves with the theology of predestination.

Well you realize that is not true, I'm sure. It is believable to millions of Christians. I don't think anybody disagrees with that... especially if you add in that God is just.
Uh.... Well, I'm no expert on theology, but i'm thinking that is a strawman argument. I can't imagine any Calvinist saying that God predestinates people to Hell.

How about we celebrate and share our great salvation, instead of bickering about the process?
all unregerates are obsessed with something they dont know about. John Calvin rightly interpreted the Bible to teach that man is*totally depraved. What that means, is that, not every human being is as sinful as he could be or she could be, but that every human being is sinful to the point that they’re incapable of altering their condition. That is to say, total depravity means you can’t do anything to save yourself. You can’t even make a right choice. You can’t awaken your spiritual deadness. You can’t give life where there is death. You can’t come to a right conclusion on your own. Total depravity means that everyone, is by virtue of their own will and their own power and their own choices, incapable of redemption. That’s total depravity.

Arminius would say--Arminian theology, Palagian theology, as it’s also called--would say “man is capable.” That while man is, in the general sense, a sinner, he has capacities within himself to choose to be saved. That is the debate. I don’t think that’s biblical. I think we are*dead*in trespasses and sin, and dead people don’t make choices. Dead people can’t make themselves alive. So, I think there is a clear distinction there.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
13508830_1355992237750865_4075084180791607935_n.jpg

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
all unregerates are obsessed with something they dont know about. John Calvin rightly interpreted the Bible to teach that man is*totally depraved. What that means, is that, not every human being is as sinful as he could be or she could be, but that every human being is sinful to the point that they’re incapable of altering their condition. That is to say, total depravity means you can’t do anything to save yourself. You can’t even make a right choice. You can’t awaken your spiritual deadness. You can’t give life where there is death. You can’t come to a right conclusion on your own. Total depravity means that everyone, is by virtue of their own will and their own power and their own choices, incapable of redemption. That’s total depravity.

Arminius would say--Arminian theology, Palagian theology, as it’s also called--would say “man is capable.” That while man is, in the general sense, a sinner, he has capacities within himself to choose to be saved. That is the debate. I don’t think that’s biblical. I think we are*dead*in trespasses and sin, and dead people don’t make choices. Dead people can’t make themselves alive. So, I think there is a clear distinction there.

John Calvin sure was "DEPRAVED." He was culpable for the "Murder Executions" of over fifty fellow human beings during his "reign of terror" as the "Pope of Geneva." He was an evil and wicked man who, unless he became a true believer before he died, will face God in judgment, be judged by his works and cast into the Lake of Fire with the devil and his demons.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Anyone interested in the life of John Calvin should read up on his history. He was one "Tyrant" you didn't want to disagree with. He came out of the Catholic church, however, someone once said : "You can take John Calvin out of the Catholic church, but, you can't take the Catholic church out of John Calvin." He still held onto some of his Catholic beliefs. He had one man (who disagreed with his teachings) burned at the stake using green wood which was known to burn real slow, guaranteeing a slow, torturous death. Calvin was something of a Sadist, yet, Calvinists hold him up to be some kind of great man.

Robert Pate

Banned

You are full of lies and are a deceiver.

God has not forsaken fallen man as you want to believe. Faith is given to those who hear and believe the Gospel, "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17. Which is the Gospel. On the day of Pentecost 8,000 Jews heard Peter preach the Gospel and were converted to Christ, Acts 2:41 and Acts 4:4. Some of these Jews had participated in the crucifixion of Christ

You need to stop teaching that man is totally depraved. He's not, he can hear the Gospel and be saved.