ECT Do those who believe MAD have no problem disregarding what Jesus actually taught ?

Danoh

Nope. The context is words as in approving things that are excellent (Philippians 1:9-10 KJV), bold speech (Philippians 1:14 KJV), preaching Christ (Philippians 1:16 KJV), following Paul (Philippians 3:17 KJV) in conversation as the opposite would be to mind earthly things making one an enemy of the cross (Philippians 3:18 KJV). So, you are wrong about that, just as you are about fruits being "recurrent patterns".

Fruits are words!
(John 6:63 KJV)

Matthew 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Matthew 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Matthew 12:33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

Matthew 12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Matthew 12:35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Matthew 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

There is your problem.

As usual, you are TOO literal.

As a result, as much as you appear to know the Scripture, at the same time, you end up at meanings that are as wooden as you often are in your posts.

Both the word "fruit" and "conversation" refer to a thing, and or to attitudes, and behaviors, be they verbal, or non.

Even words are a category of behavior - verbal behavior.

As much as you uphold the KJV you then do not by this wooden literalness of yours.

And as usual, you only posted those passages that you concluded proved your erroroneous conclusion.

Every one of Almost 28er conclusions within YOUR version of MAD manifests this very "conversation" as the very root of its' "fruit."

Fruit refers to a thing, including attitudes and behavior.

Matthew 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance: 3:9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham. 3:10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Here, have one your favorite misinterpreted passages:

Romans 1:13 Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles.

Some more...

Romans 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

Romans 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

In the following, the fruit being mentioned is the result of a heart attitude and its resulting behavior.

Romans 15:26 For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem. 15:28 When therefore I have performed this, and have sealed to them this fruit, I will come by you into Spain.

Here - have some more fruit, as we're headed for November and the horn of plenty of fruit :chuckle:

Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 5:26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

All that is attitudes and behaviors...both verbal and non verbal.

What about those in the very book you misquoted?

Philippians 1:11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Philippians 1:22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.

In the following, Paul refers to the same members of the Body, and their heart attitude and behavior he had referred to in Romans 15.

Philippians 4:15 Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only. 4:16 For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity. 4:17 Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account. 4:18 But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God. 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

The sense of conversation in the sense of a thing; is also attitudes and behavior, verbal and non.

Philippians 1:27 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

1:28 And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.

1:29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake; 1:30 Having the same conflict which ye saw in me, and now hear to be in me.

To suffer for His sake is not to do so merely in words (verbal behavior) and or other kinds of behavior, but also refers to the root of said fruit and or conversation (conduct) - it also refers to one's heart attitude.

More attitudes, and behaviors (walk) on Paul's part as to his intended sense.

Philippians 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. 3:16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing. 3:17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. 3:18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: 3:19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.) 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

As usual, none of you addressed one of your own in this one sided error of hers on the above.

You obviously know the Scripture - on some things - far better than most, heir.

Obviously, there is more to it than just that.

Danoh

See? That's your problem, Heir, you believe it more than the Jordanian ambassador thinks you should.

No "Bullingerite" - one teacher or another has nothing to do with this.

Only your hypocrisy would make it so.

Soundness in manner of study and its results...is the issue.

Whether it be someone like GT's or any other non MAD's or MAD's "witness" being "true" on some Scriptural point...that...is the issue.

It's called being fair with all, on a point by point basis - not - on a one size fits all basis...you hypocrite.

Problen is your duplicitous double standard in your ignorance of the gospel of grace.

It is more than "Christ died for our sins" and "we're not Israel."

It is grace unto the hearers...not the double standard of your one sided grace-less disgrace.

Just as you and some of your own toot your horn every so often, but then never give others other than those of the cult you and they have turned MAD into...the benefit of the doubt.

Always, you read into and turn anything you disagree with...into strife.

As inteligent as you sometimes prove yourself to be, you just as often prove yourself one-sidedly obtuse.

Last edited:

Danoh

You are either dense (at times you are) or merely seeking strife.

I used that name to make my very point against your mis-use of one, in your strife.

Had I been Hillary and called you Donald - a name he hates, and thus so rattles him - I would have had you in the very corner your projecting your strife into things has once more put you into by your own hand.

:chuckle: narcissist that he is; a woman (experienced Politician, in her case) easily played the Donald like a song through his own stupidity. She rattled him good...for a third time...once more.

:rotfl:

I was making a point by that name: Bullinger - I was not...calling you a Bullingerite - for I don't view you as being a 28er.

:doh:

Danoh

You're awful touchy.

There you go...projecting once more. One of those same club things you and yours often manifest but then project on others :chuckle:

Were I so touchy I would not be posting agreement with you on other of your posts I do agree with.

Leave your projector at home :chuckle:

musterion

39666788.jpg