ECT Do those who believe MAD have no problem disregarding what Jesus actually taught ?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The flesh is never dead, the lusts of it always live whilst we are in it, although it brings death to us, and we are tempted by the lusts of it always. But through Christ we are put to death to the flesh. Meaning that through Christ, God casts away those lusts so that they don't have a hold on us anymore.
You missed something else in Romans 8:

And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
-Romans 8:10

The body is dead. Accept the word of God as truth or leave the ECT Forum.

Nothing Satan does in this flesh can put to death what God has quickened as long as we have faith and obey God, because he who is in us, is stronger than him who is in the world. But if we turn and start living by the will of the flesh again once we have been enlightened of God, because we love our own lives before God, then we are not only rejecting the holy spirit, but we are crucifying Christ again and put him to an open shame
Satan does nothing in our flesh. All sin we commit in the flesh is our own. You are right, however, that it cannot put to death that which is made alive by God. And the reverse is also true, nothing can make alive that which God has put to death.

Hebrews 6

For.it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame
Have you not been in the thread on this topic?

Would you care to explain how it's impossible to be renewed in this situation? And what that means for us regarding salvation? How can we lose something through action that we could never earn through action?

The current flesh as we live to it, will never see the kingdom of God, but we will see the kingdom of God if we are dead to the will of it.
Isn't that what I said?

And how do we die to it?

Otherwise why would we ask for God's kingdom to come every day so that God's will can be done? Gods will can't be done if we live by the will of the flesh, but if we are dead to its will and alive in God, then we will be living by God's will and his kingdom will be within us every day. If we have the holy spirit within, then we have the kingdom of God within. Because he belongs to Gods kingdom.
Romans 8

When speaking of the flesh, it's not the natural skin that we are in, but the lusts of our fleshly nature, and we have to be dying to those lusts every day to inherit the kingdom of God. For whilst we live in this flesh, we also have the fleshly nature that Satan has control of unless we are quickened by the spirit and we are truly born again of God, and once we are truly born of God, then we should be living by his will and not by the lusts of the flesh.

1. The natural skin is part of it. It's biologically inherent as a result of the Fall.
  2. Satan has no control over our flesh, even for those who have not been quickened.

Sin only has no dominion over you if you obey God and not the flesh. And if you are truly a slave to righteousness, then that means you are always turning from sin and if you are the very righteousness of God in Christ, then that means you must never sin?
Wrong. Sin has no dominion over us once God has made us dead to it. Sin dwells in the flesh, and as we've discussed those in Christ are not in the flesh; they are in the Spirit. And as the flesh sins as the decaying corpse is wont to do the spirit that is in the Spirit does not. And the more you remember this the less acts of decay are perpetrated by the corpse.

For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
-Romans6:10-11

I'm not righteous at all, it's only Christ in me that is righteous and being in him through faith, he is teaching me through the spirit to live right before God, he's helping overcome my sins and by his righteousness I'm overcoming the flesh day by day and I'm alive in the spirit. And I'll remain being saved so long as I don't live by the lusts of the flesh again and turn from God and deny his will putting myself before him.
Of your own accord, no. You are correct that you are not righteous through your own doing. But if you are indeed in Him He has made you righteous. He has already overcome your sin. It's time you recognize it.

Is there anything you can do to earn your salvation?

2 Corinthians 6

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
Exactly. There is no fellowship between the two. None at all. Which means that if you are unrighteous then God has no fellowship with you. But if He has made you righteous then he does, and you thereby have no fellowship with your unrighteous dead body.

Pent again.
:chuckle:

musterion

You missed something else in Romans 8:

And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
-Romans 8:10

The body is dead. Accept the word of God as truth or leave the ECT Forum.

Clarify please...literally dead, as in sin/old nature/old man literally gone (eradicated, some call it)? Or still there but to be reckoned by faith as dead because God says that's how we're to treat it?

john w

Hall of Fame
Septic tank sales are on the rise, brother.
I was able to call the man and get my freezer fixed with the extra money.

Septic stocks are "tanking," Mayor. I kill me! You are buying them boring stocks, like Raleigh Power & Light. Well, Mayor, if you want to run with the big dogs, you gotta get off the back porch. Am I getting through to you, pal?

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
How much is my Atari stock worth today, saint john?
I got in on the ground floor back in 1980.

About the same as your biggest position, Mayor, which is in Mary Jane Group, Inc., ticker symbol "MJMJ." You called it a "hot"/"hawt" stock, I heard. I also hear that you got this stock tip from that Spirit dude/junkie. You beat everything.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Clarify please...literally dead, as in sin/old nature/old man literally gone (eradicated, some call it)? Or still there but to be reckoned by faith as dead because God says that's how we're to treat it?
Between the two choices? The latter. But our perspective is that it is dead. So I speak of it in that way. It was crucified; let the dead bury their own dead, etc. Who I am is only who I am in Christ. That is my position and identity. It is not I who sins [Romans 7]. As far as sin is concerned regarding me I am dead to it.

heir

TOL Subscriber
The Body of Christ is a Mystery because it was not known in the OT. Salvation for GENTILES was known so what's the mystery? Jew - gentile in one body.
I'm not sure what mystery you are talking about there, but the mystery of the gospel that makes us fellowheirs and of the same Body (Ephesians 3:6 KJV) with the Jews and Greeks to whom salvation was sent during Paul's first sending (Acts 13:26 KJV), was a mystery unsearchable in the OT/hid in God (Ephesians 3:1-9 KJV, Ephesians 6:19 KJV)