ECT Do those who believe MAD have no problem disregarding what Jesus actually taught ?

Interplanner

MADism declares that they have the ultimate truth which all of Christianity since the beginning has been ignorant of. And not some vast, hidden thing either, but things reported to be in plain view- just Paul.

How about no- how about, it's made up nonsense perpetuated by nonsensical people- it's America's leading heresy. 70 million Americans too vain to follow tradition and too reprobate to be obedient :wave2:

Do you mean MAD does "just Paul" as though no one before them knew how?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

All western Christianity is 'Pauline'. That's the problem with MADist belief- it's extremist, with a mightily skewed perception of what God wills of Gentiles, Spiritual Israel, and so on.

Danoh

Why should that be so shocking - many a thing throughout history has been proven having always been possible, but for the accumulating of understanding sufficient to the task - despite the greatest of minds.

Speaking of this type of what a later, further understanding only then allows the seeing of...

Acts 26:8 Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead? 26:9 I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth.

Acts 24:14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets: 24:15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

Fact is that where even the most Scholary of minds look at things from can hinder their actually seeing what it is they are looking at.

The very basis of Martin Luther's "Here I stand" had been this very principle.

Romans 1:17 had been there all along - throughout those 1,500 some odd years that MANY a mind had read right PAST it.

Problem was...problem became...problem still is...the Reformers having failed to make THAT the basis of their recovery of Truth...what it could have been.

They failed to ask, let alone FROM THEN on and UNTIL each their very last breath..."if we were wrong about that; what else might we have been wrong about...and what else...and what else...and how might I know that I have not gradually allowed myself resort to Augustinian reasoning?"

Instead, the pillar of "a sure path to truth" they erroneously continued to see in Augustine's reasoning INTO a thing...is what the Reformed school is well known for.

"I doubt we will ever crack the atom" - Albert Einstein...

Only for his own words to be proven by what later, greater understandings had allowed seeing had been possible...all along.

Just as his advances in understandings in some things later made it possible to identify some holes in some of Newton's findings some 300 years after Newton.

Interplanner

Why should that be so shocking - many a thing throughout history has been proven having always been possible, but for the accumulating of understanding sufficient to the task - despite the greatest of minds.

Speaking of this type of what a later, further understanding only then allows the seeing of...

Acts 26:8 Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead? 26:9 I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth.

Acts 24:14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets: 24:15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

Fact is that where even the most Scholary of minds look at things from can hinder their actually seeing what it is they are looking at.

The very basis of Martin Luther's "Here I stand" had been this very principle.

Romans 1:17 had been there all along - throughout those 1,500 some odd years that MANY a mind had read right PAST it.

Problem was...problem became...problem still is...the Reformers having failed to make THAT the basis of their recovery of Truth...what it could have been.

They failed to ask, let alone FROM THEN on and UNTIL each their very last breath..."if we were wrong about that; what else might we have been wrong about...and what else...and what else...and how might I know that I have not gradually allowed myself resort to Augustinian reasoning?"

Instead, the pillar of "a sure path to truth" they erroneously continued to see in Augustine's reasoning INTO a thing...is what the Reformed school is well known for.

"I doubt we will ever crack the atom" - Albert Einstein...

Only for his own words to be proven by what later, greater understandings had allowed seeing had been possible...all along.

Just as his advances in understandings in some things later made it possible to identify some holes in some of Newton's findings some 300 years after Newton.

Except that you don't do Paul; you have several problems with him and complicate him. You do 2P2P and you do 2 houses when cornered by that. You don't know the Seed, and snow everyone with some other kind of RT than what Gal 3:17 is about.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
All western Christianity is 'Pauline'. That's the problem with MADist belief- it's extremist, with a mightily skewed perception of what God wills of Gentiles, Spiritual Israel, and so on.

Then perhaps, you ought to pack your bags and head for a "Non-Western" area of the world. I really don't think anybody will miss you.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Nonsense, of course. North of 95% of the declarations of "Hebrews" are found elsewhere; Colossians has some of the same polemic lines against what was going on there in Phrygia--Galatia.

And then there is the question of who are "Hebrews" at the time, in light of Rom 2 and Rev 2-3.

I'm afraid I'm more intelligent than you. So, you automatically lose the argument every time.

Danoh

I'm afraid I'm more intelligent than you. So, you automatically lose the argument every time.

Actually, you are one of the most incompetent on TOL.

And you know this.

It is why you post so little having to do with the Scriptures being talked about - you know you are a fraud who just parrots others.

So you waste all your time attacking others with dribble - even when they go without posting for a while.

Very...cult-like of you.

:rotfl:

Danoh

According to MAD none of the scripture except what Paul wrote is to Christians. You missed the big picture Jesus is Lord of Lords and King of Kings NOT PAUL.

A pointless question, given it is you I am asking - I take it you are out building an Ark...

I mean, it was all written TO you; right?

:doh:

Right Divider

Body part
According to MAD none of the scripture except what Paul wrote is to Christians. You missed the big picture Jesus is Lord of Lords and King of Kings NOT PAUL.
You continue to bash a fake version of "MAD" that is in your mind or that you heard somewhere.

We believe ALL of the scripture and worship the LORD Jesus Christ, but we are not so ignorant of what God was doing with His people, Israel.

Hebrews is CLEARLY Israelite doctrine, as is Revelation.

Jesus gave Paul other things to teach that YOU and most attempt to force into the same mold as the law doctrines of the Israelite's.

dodge

A pointless question, given it is you I am asking - I take it you are out building an Ark...

I mean, it was all written TO you; right?

:doh:

I am sure God had the whole bible written so Madist could pick and chose the parts they like and disregard ALL the other parts they do not like.

The ark was a one time event as God promised to never flood the earth again ,as you know. Your point is pointless.

To disregard the Prophets, Jesus, and ALL the other Apostles and base it on baseless arguments like the one you posted is why you follow Paul and NOT Jesus.