ECT Do those who believe MAD have no problem disregarding what Jesus actually taught ?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Christians that glory glory in the LORD not in Paul.

Jer 9:24
But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

1Co 1:31
That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

2Co 10:17
But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord

If ignorance is TRULY bliss, then, you must be the happiest being on planet earth.

Interplanner

I can only think of a few lines in Hebrews that are so specifically about Judaism that they are no use to the Gentiles. Most of it is totally applicable.

btw, who are the Hebrews it is addressed to? Rom 2? Rev 2, 3?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
If ignorance is TRULY bliss, then, you must be the happiest being on planet earth.

It must be strange seeing all the Christianity on Earth, from it's beginning all the way to now, not resemble anything of your belief- that a the Christian leaders, traditional dogmas, theologians- everything- be contrary to your notions.

That should raise a red flag to anybody, really. The rejection of baptism and communion alone is bad enough. They should have those little pamphlets you see in church warning against MADism just like the one's warning of Jehovah's Witnesses :plain:

Sorry, Broseph, but MADism is not proper Christianity :wave2:

Danoh

I can only think of a few lines in Hebrews that are so specifically about Judaism that they are no use to the Gentiles. Most of it is totally applicable.

Hebrews thru Revelation :chuckle:

Danoh

Christians that glory glory in the LORD not in Paul.

Jer 9:24
But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

1Co 1:31
That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

2Co 10:17
But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord

The very belief of the Madist - there's hope for you yet :chuckle:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

They don't even believe Paul authored Hebrews :rolleyes:

In order for their belief to work, he can't really have anything to do with the Jews. You'll see that they deny Peter being in Rome as well, having anything to do with the Gentiles.

MADism can be remedied with history and oral tradition.

Danoh

In order for their belief to work, he can't really have anything to do with the Jews. You'll see that they deny Peter being in Rome as well, having anything to do with the Gentiles.

Apparantly, you are unaware that even within the Reformed school, there has ALWAYS been a great amount of debate as to whether or not Paul wrote Hebrews.

John Calvin, for example, held that Paul did NOT write it.

In short, in the words of JohnW - "take a seat til you're called" :chuckle:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Apparantly, you are unaware that even within the Reformed school, there has ALWAYS been a great amount of debate as to whether or not Paul wrote Hebrews.

John Calvin, for example, held that Paul did NOT write it.

In short, in the words of JohnW - "take a seat til you're called" :chuckle:

Calvin was here and there with it. The debate was similar to the Pentateuch and if Moses, who it is traditionally attributed to, wrote it. The answer is probably not literally, but rather by a successor or following scribe. In which case, it makes it unimportant as to who wrote it.

He certainly did not bastardize it from Pauline ideology as you all have :wave2:

Interplanner

Calvin was here and there with it. The debate was similar to the Pentateuch and if Moses, who it is traditionally attributed to, wrote it. The answer is probably not literally, but rather by a successor or following scribe. In which case, it makes it unimportant as to who wrote it.

He certainly did not bastardize it from Pauline ideology as you all have :wave2:

And there are core ideas from it in Colossians. The revelatory aspect of what happened in Colossae (the people who said the Torah's angels spoke to them) needed to hear the 1st chapter of Hebrews rather sharply--all revelation is done and final in Christ.

Danoh

Ah yes, Augustianism - the reading of one's reasoning into a thing.

DAN P

Hi and there is no bibical proof that Peter ever went to Rom as Peter retired in Jerusalem as recorded in John 21:18
!!

And another fact , there is no Greek word for PURGATORY not for POPE !!

hISTORY IS NOT THE BIBLE !!

DAN P

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
But he is allowed to say what the OT was about. You have missed the whole point of NT quotation of the OT.
I was being sarcastic. God does change His mind.

I haven't missed anything.

And you need to learn how to make sure someone knows when you're addressing them here. Use the quote function when quoting them, for instance.

Christ was the Promised Seed, and Judaism said no, and that the Law replaced the Promise, Gal 3:17. Otherwise Paul would have had smooth sailing dealing with Judaism. And there would be 10 crystal clear places in the NT where Paul would calm every one down and say, 'Brothers, you're forgetting that God is going to reinstate Judaism in Judea and that institution will rule the world, etc.' No, there is nada, zip, zero of that.
The Law didn't annul the promise, nor did the promise annul the Law.

That seems to be something you and your ilk are forgetting.

Torah is the 2nd part of the trinity of Judaism, and you are doing the same thing that Jn 7 speaks of: 'You (Judaism's leaders) search the OT because you think that in it you have 'life'; it is these that testify of Me!'
There is no life in the law. You need to read Paul so you understand what MAD is, because you clearly don't if you think we believe there was ever life in the Law.

But why am I talking? I know you don't actually care about the truth.

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It must be strange seeing all the Christianity on Earth, from it's beginning all the way to now, not resemble anything of your belief- that a the Christian leaders, traditional dogmas, theologians- everything- be contrary to your notions.

That should raise a red flag to anybody, really. The rejection of baptism and communion alone is bad enough. They should have those little pamphlets you see in church warning against MADism just like the one's warning of Jehovah's Witnesses :plain:

Sorry, Broseph, but MADism is not proper Christianity :wave2:

Of course, you came to that conclusion through your "Mighty Ignorance." Congratulations for that. I respect a guy who is PROUD of his lack of knowledge and truth. I don't blame you for being boastful. If I were as you, I'd be boastful as well. My compliments Sir.

Interplanner

Perhaps that's because "Hebrews" was pertaining to, "Hebrews" and not to Gentiles. Have you no logic nor reason? Of course, you don't.

Nonsense, of course. North of 95% of the declarations of "Hebrews" are found elsewhere; Colossians has some of the same polemic lines against what was going on there in Phrygia--Galatia.

And then there is the question of who are "Hebrews" at the time, in light of Rom 2 and Rev 2-3.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Of course, you came to that conclusion through your "Mighty Ignorance." Congratulations for that. I respect a guy who is PROUD of his lack of knowledge and truth. I don't blame you for being boastful. If I were as you, I'd be boastful as well. My compliments Sir.

MADism declares that they have the ultimate truth which all of Christianity since the beginning has been ignorant of. And not some vast, hidden thing either, but things reported to be in plain view- just Paul.

How about no- how about, it's made up nonsense perpetuated by nonsensical people- it's America's leading heresy. 70 million Americans too vain to follow tradition and too reprobate to be obedient :wave2: