ECT Do those who believe MAD believe the Apostle Paul was a liar ?

dodge

You do not understand the boasting scripture.

The JEWS USED to be able to boast on circumcision.

The Jews used to be able to boast in the ceremonial works.

Again, those ‘WORKS’ are the ceremonial works. Those are the works the Jews USED TO be able to boast in; not anymore, because now anyone can be saved by just having faith the sins they repent of are washed away.

Galatians 6:13 Not even those who are circumcised keep the law, yet they want you to be circumcised that they may boast about your circumcision in the flesh.
Philippians 3:3
For it is we who are the circumcision, we who serve God by his Spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh--

Did you read that? The boasting was done in the CEREMONIAL works. Paul is NOT putting down obeying, as you teach. Paul is speaking of not being able to boast in the ceremonial works, i.e. CIRCUMCSION.

GT, no one can boast of what they do individually to EARN salvation to be born again. The whole penalty and payment of and for sinners was paid for by Jesus in FULL and it was finished as far as payment and penalty for sin, and NO ONE can add to what Jesus did to obtain salvation.

God's Truth

GT, no one can boast of what they do individually EARN salvation to be born again. The whole penalty and payment of and for sinners was paid for by Jesus in FULL and it was finished as far as payment and penalty for sin, and NO ONE can add to that to obtain salvation.

I do not care about opinions. I gave scripture.

If you do not follow the scriptures and abide by them, then you get people teaching and believing that it is somehow wrong to obey and a reason to boast.

Get into the scriptures and not into what you heard or read a pastor say.

God's Truth

Jesus saves us all on his own, and he chooses whom he saves. He tells us who he saves and why.

He is the Way.

If you do not do what the Way says, then you are lost.

Right Divider

Body part
I have no doubt that God separated Israel for His purpose ;however, when Jesus walked the earth He invited and opened salvation to EVERYONE.
Salvation has always been available to everyone. You think that there was a time when only Israel could be saved?

Jesus never said all those of Israel who are heavy laden etc. Jesus said come unto me to "all".
I already know about your pet interpretation of that verse.

When the Apostle John said ," for God so loved the " world" that He sent His only begotten Son that "whosoever" believes in Him will be saved and have eternal life that was meant to more than those of Israel it was also for gentiles.
Absolutely, who says otherwise?

The problem is that those in MAD have thrown the baby out with the bath water.
Nope. The problem is that YOU think that the LORD Jesus Christ had NO unique ministry to Israel during His time on earth; the Bible says otherwise.

Right Divider

Body part
You are going against the scriptures that I gave.
Rom 5:18-19 (KJV)
(5:18) Therefore as by the offence of one [judgment came] upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one [the free gift came] upon all men unto justification of life. (5:19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

You are NOT the one.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ephesians 2:10 created in Christ Jesus unto good works.

His good works, not yours. You don't have good works. Neither do I. You completely ignored the text, much like that idiot flat earth thread. I guess I am done here with you for now. The works were prepared beforehand.

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

You are walking in what was already done. You are identified with it. If you are in Christ that is.

dodge

I do not care about opinions. I gave scripture.

If you do not follow the scriptures and abide by them, then you get people teaching and believing that it is somehow wrong to obey and a reason to boast.
Get into the scriptures and not into what you heard or read a pastor say.

Have you ever read Ephesians 2:8-10 ? It leaves NO ROOM for bragging about what anyone does to be saved NONE.

It even goes on to "and that not of yourselves it is a GIFT of God " and it continues on " not of works lest ant man should boast ".

It is NOT opinions it is scripture !

No one can EARN salvation. You are beginning to sound like a Pharisee.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
His good works, not yours. You don't have good works. Neither do I. You completely ignored the text, much like that idiot flat earth thread. I guess I am done here with you for now. The works were prepared beforehand.

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

You are walking in what was already done. You are identified with it. If you are in Christ that is.

(Eph. 1:4 and 1 Pt. 1:20)

- Amen

dodge

Co 10:5
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Interplanner

Have you ever read Ephesians 2:8-10 ? It leaves NO ROOM for bragging about what anyone does to be saved NONE.

It even goes on to "and that not of yourselves it is a GIFT of God " and it continues on " not of works lest ant man should boast ".

Except Christ

Interplanner

ok I am lost. My post was about salvation and since Jesus never sinned He would have nothing to be saved from correct ?

Yes indeed, but what if his work and sacrifice were for others. Then he would have lived a perfect, representive life...but not for himself. So he did earn salvation; we believe in salvation by works. But they are not ours, not our own.

Danoh

What part of "that we should walk in them" is not clear to you?

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

Just because we have Romans 5's ETERNAL life "through HIS life" does that mean we do not have a responsibility to walk in said "newness of life"?

Ephesians is about those works in the Lord He had determined He would one day enable in a New Creature: the Body, to walk in, and that said Body would one day walk in, both in this world, and in the ages to come, unto His Son's glory, for all creation to witness.

As with Romans 6; He is talking there about the Body member's responsibility as a Body member.

Not for salvation, rather because of it, but also because of the responsibility He is both saving men unto, enabling them in, and calling them to walk in, as Sons of God, to begin with.

Colossians 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 1:10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; 1:11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness; 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

God's Truth

Isaiah 14:14

You do not understand a lot of things. If you do not become like Christ, then you are not saved.

Ephesians 4:23to be renewed in the spirit of your minds; 24and to put on the new self, created to be likeGod in true righteousness and holiness.

Romans 8:29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

2 Corinthians 3:18
And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Philippians 3:21
who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

1 John 3:2
Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

God's Truth

You have been taught wrong.

Jesus saves us all on his own and he chooses whom he saves, he says he saves those who obey him.

Jesus cleans us all on his own and reconciles us to God all on his own, but AGAIN, HE TELLS US to whom he does this, and it is to those who obey him.

All people need to decide if they want some false teaching from man, or if they want God's Truth.

God's Truth

Jesus is the Way.

If you do not do what the Way says, then you will not enter, you will not get to the Father.

Stop teaching against the Truth.

God's Truth

Rom 5:18-19 (KJV)
(5:18) Therefore as by the offence of one [judgment came] upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one [the free gift came] upon all men unto justification of life. (5:19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

You are NOT the one.

Read the scripture more carefully. If it were as you say that no one has to do anything, then ALL WOULD BE SAVED. However, all are not saved. We must do something to get that gift. We have to do something to ENTER that grace.

For one thing, we have to have faith to enter, see Romans 5:2, and that faith cannot be dead, see James 2:14, 17, 20, and 22.

God gives the gift to His children. You have to establish yourself as His child. How do you do that? Jesus tells us how to do that.

The Jews used to have to work at purifying themselves. We do not have to work at purifying ourselves, but we still have to obey.