ECT Do those who believe MAD believe the Apostle Paul was a liar ?

God's Truth

Yep :thumb:

In fact IP's "dancing with the stars" :D had nothing to do with some supposed evidence.

The exact opposite is the case.

Romans 4:18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be. 4:19 And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb: 4:20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; 4:21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. 4:22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. 4:23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
Abraham was obeying God way before then that is why his faith was so great, because it was his right actions with it.
More examples...

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 11:2 For by it the elders obtained a good report. 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

hahahahaha He OBEYED and went. His faith and actions were working together.

You will never ever get around the Truth.

Lol - IP, even Mr. Magoo, out there just stumbling around believing things that are not...are...is closer as to what this is, than you and your ever endless made up on the spot...conjecture.

You are the Magoo blind man.

Right Divider

Body part
I gave you scriptures that speak of Abraham, and I give you scriptures that say Abraham's faith was made complete by WHAT HE DID. I gave those scriptures from Paul and from James.
Of course you did, but NOWHERE does it say that salvation as in ETERNAL LIFE comes from WORKS of any kind.

"Made complete" my eye. Another one of your MANY fabrications.

I am COMPLETE IN CHRIST. You should join me.

Last edited:

God's Truth

Oh course you did, but NOWHERE does it say that salvation as in ETERNAL LIFE comes from WORKS of any kind.

"Made complete" my eye. Another one of your MANY fabrications.

I am COMPLETE IN CHRIST. You should join me.

Dead faith is NOT saving faith, it is dead.

Death faith is NOT the most important faith ever known, it is dead and cannot save anyone.

That is scripture, see James 2:14, 17, 20, 22, and 24.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, not all men go to hell because of Adam. Because of Adam, we are separated from God because of sin.

And the wages of sin is death you imbecile.

Romans 5

18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

Romans 5:18 blows all the workers bees out of the water. It is why they avoid it like the bubonic plague.

Those who looked forward to the savior and took the narrow path of faith and works went to Abraham's bosom, where they did not face the wrath of God. In fact, based on testimony from the Lord Jesus Christ, he called it paradise.

God's Truth

And the wages of sin is death you imbecile.

Romans 5

18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

Romans 5:18 blows all the workers bees out of the water. It is why they avoid it like the bubonic plague.

Those who looked forward to the savior and took the narrow path of faith and works went to Abraham's bosom, where they did not face the wrath of God. In fact, based on testimony from the Lord Jesus Christ, he called it paradise.

You said all men go to hell because of Adam.

Prove it with scripture that all men went to hell.

God's Truth

The rewards, however ARE earned...

Eternal life is salvation and it is a reward, it is the inheritance.

Colossians 3:24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

The reward the inheritance, it is the promise of the inheritance of eternal life.

Hebrews 9:15
For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

In case you still are not sure the inheritance is eternal life, which is our reward, read and study these scriptures, there should be no more doubt after reading them.

Matthew 19:29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.

Luke 10:25[ The Parable of the Good Samaritan ] On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?

The REWARD is the PROMISE, of an INHERITANCE, and the INHERITANCE is ETERNAL LIFE.

Danoh

No, they arent. We earn nothing.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Things that are different...are not the same.

This...

Romans 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

...differs from this...

1 Corinthians 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

Saved not by works, but by grace through faith.. is not the same as saved unto those works under grace which God before planned that we should walk in, by faith.

A workmanship is towards a function.

In this case, towards those good works which God prepared before, or determined, that we should walk in, as His workmanship in His Son.

The little guy in the following passage, was eternal life Himself.

Nevertheless - "wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?" - Luke 2:49.

In His case, though - "Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God." - Hebrews 10:7.

In ours, in Him?

Not of works for salvation, rather unto those good works the salvation is for, to begin with.

"...we are His workmanship."

To what intent or purpose?

"...created in Christ Jesus" to what intent, or purpose?

"...unto good works..."

What good works might those be?

Those "which God hath beforehand ordained."

Again - to what intent or purpose?

"...that we should walk in them."

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

He is contrasting between this former life and its' conduct...

Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

And the New Life's conduct...

Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

He then goes into various issues having to do with who they had been and why; and what God was now doing, who they now were in that...

He then returns to this issue of those good works that God had planned in eternity, that members of the Body of Christ walk in...

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

He then goes into some things, and then once more returns to this good works as an eternally sealed Body member; that he has been talking about...

Ephesians 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: 4:19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. 4:20 But ye have not so learned Christ; 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. 4:25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: 4:28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. 4:31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

He is describing Body Life.

How its' works, or walk in the Lord, operate, and what that looks like.

Obviously, a life-long process...

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

That contrast between each our often tendency, and all this Grace based instruction concerning those good works which God before ordained that Body members should walk in, as members of His Son's Body.

That contrast between the former life, and the new.

Ephesians 4:20 But ye have not so learned Christ; 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

musterion

Some have the view that Paul's talk of competition, races and rewards have a primary if not exclusive focus on himself and the called ministers associated with him during the apostolic era. Agree or not it makes an interesting study.

Interplanner

Some have the view that Paul's talk of competition, races and rewards have a primary if not exclusive focus on himself and the called ministers associated with him during the apostolic era. Agree or not it makes an interesting study.

Can you rewrite this?