Disagree but respect

katiecrna

For a Christian thread... people are argumentative and mean. If Christians can’t be loving and supportive to one another there is little hope. I rarely post on here because people love to argue with each other here for some reason. People love to hear themselves talk rather than listen and understand.

shauna_hale

First of all, how do you quote smaller parts in a reply???

I'm not saying you were wrong at all, please don't think that, and you have your reasons to disagree, absolutely. Just from where I'm reading, both of you are telling truth, but to me, it's just two different approaches.

Lol, actually, yes, I am a Calvinist. Before you roll your eyes, say "oh great" and tune me out, (jk) just hear me out.

Do I believe certain people are elected? Yes. Do I know who those people are? Nope. And since I don't know who those people are, I am to share the gospel, bc any one of those people could come to Christ because of hearing the Word. (Here's where some argument is gonna be....) I believe that they don't come to Christ because they chose to, but because God's grace yanked them out of the path to Hell and saved them. And that is the part, basically, that people will fight about, divide churches over, even...

I know, I know, a lot of this will make sense BUT the kicker is that you won't believe that God would do something like condemn people to Hell. That doesn't sit right with me, mainly because saying something like that puts human constraints on God. To me, in my heart, I feel like putting a "God wouldn't do..." without it expressly saying so in the Bible is a bad idea. It's hard to explain my rationale without hearing voice inflection...

Back to the original comment...

As far as Calvinists who sit around and do nothing bc of predestination...well, they're wrong to do that, because we are called to share God's word. By ignoring that, they're ignoring Christ, and in my opinion, that's a bad idea. We are called to do good works, and sharing the gospel is one form of that...btw, no, works don't equal salvation, of that was the next comment.

I don't know y'alls history on here but it sounded like you've bumped heads before. I didn't mean to jump into the middle of something. I just saw where I thought you were both right.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

glorydaz

For a Christian thread... people are argumentative and mean. If Christians can’t be loving and supportive to one another there is little hope. I rarely post on here because people love to argue with each other here for some reason. People love to hear themselves talk rather than listen and understand.

Oh, so you think in order to be a Christian one has to follow certain RULES of decorum?

Sorta dumb since our Lord, Himself, went about saying what He meant in ways that offended the Pharisees and hypocrites of His day. Are you so much better than he was?

shauna_hale

People get emotional when it comes to things that are important to them. Ask yourself this tho...would Christ get angry and have a hardened heart over it, or would He continue to love?

shauna_hale

Oh, so you think in order to be a Christian one has to follow certain RULES of decorum?

Sorta dumb since our Lord, Himself, went about saying what He meant in ways that offended the Pharisees and hypocrites of His day. Are you so much better than he was?
Glorydaz...Please know I'm not trying to start anything, but gently urge you to read a little closer. She's feeling attacked because she was trying to voice her opinion and it became super heated. She is upset because this is important to her and she's feeling bashed. She made no mention of rules of decorum, but can you not tell that she's upset?

I am not personally vested in all of this so I can see both sides. Not saying you can't, but when emotions get involved, we all get blinders on temporarily.

katiecrna

Thanks for telling me what I think is dumb.

And no, I am obviously not better than Jesus.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

In general, Jesus' teachings are not being talked about much.

I don't understand why they are so resistant to His love messages.

Love is the core of Christianity because the Bible says clearly God is love and I believe it.

blessings.

glorydaz

Glorydaz...Please know I'm not trying to start anything, but gently urge you to read a little closer. She's feeling attacked because she was trying to voice her opinion and it became super heated. She is upset because this is important to her and she's feeling bashed. She made no mention of rules of decorum, but can you not tell that she's upset?

I am not personally vested in all of this so I can see both sides. Not saying you can't, but when emotions get involved, we all get blinders on temporarily.

Then she needs to grow up. This is a theology discussion site, and lecturing others about how mean they sound is childish. Get over yourselves, and your feelings won't be "hurt".

meshak

BANNED
Banned
People get emotional when it comes to things that are important to them. Ask yourself this tho...would Christ get angry and have a hardened heart over it, or would He continue to love?

I don't see anything that Katie is angry or upset. she is just appalled that so many negative reactions of this thread.

Is this your first time in forum world?

katiecrna

I’m not getting hurt, I am trying to have a normal kind encouraging conversation with fellow Christians and he is taking it to a level it doesn’t have to go. He wants to argue, he wants to be right, and he is trying to make it seem like I’m this non Christian, terrible person.
My purpose of my original post was to be encouraging not getting into a bashing your wrong I’m right conversation. We’re Christians, do we have to argue to the death!

shauna_hale

I’m not getting hurt, I am trying to have a normal kind encouraging conversation with fellow Christians and he is taking it to a level it doesn’t have to go. He wants to argue, he wants to be right, and he is trying to make it seem like I’m this non Christian, terrible person.
My purpose of my original post was to be encouraging not getting into a bashing your wrong I’m right conversation. We’re Christians, do we have to argue to the death!
I get that, and I don't mean that you're in the corner curled up in the fetal position crying...I should've made myself clearer...upset wasn't the right word. I should've said frustrated. And I totally get that, bc reading this whole thread raised my blood pressure. Actually, the first few comments didn't; those were interesting. I really thought there was gonna be a good, interesting, thought provoking conversation. Then it took a nosedive.

shauna_hale

I don't see anything that Katie is angry or upset. she is just appalled that so many negative reactions of this thread.

Is this your first time in forum world?
No, this isn't my first time in the forum world. I'm really hoping you didn't ask that the way it came across online. I should've said frustrated, not upset.

katiecrna

I get that, and I don't mean that you're in the corner curled up in the fetal position crying...I should've made myself clearer...upset wasn't the right word. I should've said frustrated. And I totally get that, bc reading this whole thread raised my blood pressure. Actually, the first few comments didn't; those were interesting. I really thought there was gonna be a good, interesting, thought provoking conversation. Then it took a nosedive.

I try to have a meaningful honest conversation and it gets ruined by people who want to argue, completely miss the point, and by people who think everyone is wrong except them.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No, this isn't my first time in the forum world. I'm really hoping you didn't ask that the way it came across online. I should've said frustrated, not upset.

Don't you have experience that most churches are focusing on their own dogmas instead of what Jesus teaches?

I have joined and served several churches, and I did not get impression that they are serious about Jesus' messages.

shauna_hale

Don't you have experience that most churches are focusing on their own dogmas instead of what Jesus teaches?

I have joined and served several churches, and I did not get impression that they are serious about Jesus' messages.
No, I don't have that experience, and I am truly sorry that you have.

My only suggestion would be to be confident in your beliefs, and research a church thoroughly before joining.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
This thread was getting so heated because Jesus' messages are not so popular because He talks about love which is works or fruit.

Katie inadvertently touched their nerves.

Everyone who preach Jesus' love messages, they will be stoned.

There is another Jesus' follower who is strong faith in Jesus' love messages is getting maliciously attacked right now at different thread.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No, I don't have that experience, and I am truly sorry that you have.

My only suggestion would be to be confident in your beliefs, and research a church thoroughly before joining.

I gave up. It was mostly the same. Their focus is their own dogma. You say you are Calvinist. You see, that's how Jesus' love messages get so tarnished by all kind of isms.

shauna_hale

This thread was getting so heated because Jesus' messages are not so popular because He talks about love which is works or fruit.

Katie inadvertently touched their nerves.

Everyone who preach Jesus' love messages, they will be stoned.

There is another Jesus' follower who is strong faith in Jesus' love messages is getting maliciously attacked right now at different thread.
Love is not works. Love is not fruit, if by fruit you mean fruit of the Spirit.

Works are done because we love others, and to serve others. We do them because we love. We don't prove that we love by doing works.

Fruits of the Spirit are attributes of a person. You can use those attributes to love on others, but but it in itself isn't love.

If I misunderstood what you meant, I'm sorry.