ECT Did the Body of Christ Really Begin in Acts 2?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
where?

Romans 16
16 I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:

2 That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.

3 Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus:

4 Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles.

5 Likewise greet the church that is in their house. Salute my well-beloved Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia unto Christ.

Why were Andronicus and Junia put in prison with Paul?

What did they do that caused them to be put in prison?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
It's what happens when you read later revelation into earlier scripture. Just let the text say what it says without making assumptions.

That's what Saul to Paul just did not Tet.

Post one Romans verse and toss in some Corinthians for good measure.

We know that all believers are in Christ at the time of believing Jesus is God's son.

It is Dispy's who are trying to interject their ideas into every scripture.

It's like jamming a puzzle piece in that does not go there.

The Dispy's have to have Paul being in Christ first.

When the Romans were in Christ does not have to be known to know Paul was not the first person to be in Christ.

What we have by Paul saying Andronicus and Junia were in Christ before him and that they were with the Apostles in the beginning, is the same as the U.S. dropping the 2 A bombs on Japan.

It destroys both cities in one fell swoop.

Paul being first theory and the two gospel theory.

Japan knew when to surrender because they saw it, our warfare is against the invisible forces that have taken our Dispensational brethren captive.

Kudos to Tet for firing up Paul's ole WW II bombers.

We'll sir name them Andronicus and Junia. :)

DAN P

Paul tells us of two Jews who were in Christ before he was:

(Rom 16:7) Greet Andronicus and Junia, my fellow Jews who have been in prison with me. They are outstanding among the apostles, and they were in Christ before I was.

The first people "in Christ" were Jews.

When Christ Jesus asked Paul on the road to Damascus.... "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?"....it was Jews in Christ who Saul had been persecuting.

Hi here are THREE FACTS that all Acts 2 PENTECOSTALS will always never see .

#1 , Yes they were Jews !

#2 , They " in Christ " in a Messianic Assembly !!

#3 We are " in Christ " BUT in the Dispensation of Grace !!

#4 , But here is the CLINCHER , in the Body of Christ there are NO JEWS or GENTILES as referenced in Gal 3:28 so I WIN !!

You have no verse to prove Gal 3:28 is wrong BUT at least you Tried :hammer::hammer:

dan p

Danoh

The conclusion that "Dispys have to have Paul being the first in the Body" is conjecture on the part of those opposed.

First off, Acts 2 Dispys do not hold to the understanding that Paul was the first.

Second, the very basis of the opposition's conjecture is the mis-concluded conclusion that "Dispys have to have" this or that "for their system to work."

The basis of said opposition's off-base conjecture is the same basis the Roman Catholics use against all of us as Protestants - that we Protestants "have to have" this or that" in order to make" our Justification by faith alone; our stance against their Papacy, and a myriad of other positions we hold to "work."

That is exactly why one side ends up being unable to see what another asserts - said one side is, well, one sided.

Said one-sidedness is also found where those within a same school end up at odds in some areas.

Its other book end all such one sided cases - one sided, double-standard intolerance.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You have no verse to prove Gal 3:28 is wrong BUT at least you Tried :hammer::hammer:

Gal 3:28 proves MAD wrong

Gal 3:28 says those "in Christ" are all of the same body.

MAD teaches that those "in Christ" before Paul, are of a different body.

(Gal 3:28) There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

MAD is a mess.

Danoh

Gal 3:28 proves MAD wrong

Gal 3:28 says those "in Christ" are all of the same body.

MAD teaches that those "in Christ" before Paul, are of a different body.

(Gal 3:28) There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

MAD is a mess.

Have yet to meet, hear, or read, of any MAD who asserts "a different body" other than the Body of Christ.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Have yet to meet, hear, or read, of any MAD who asserts "a different body" other than the Body of Christ.

Ok, different "program".

You know what I meant.

MAD claims there were people in Christ who were not in the Body of Christ.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Danoh

Ok, different "program".

You know what I meant.

MAD claims there were people in Christ who were not in the Body of Christ.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Why of course there were people in the Body before Paul - the Romans before Paul wrote them.

Romans:

1:6 Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:
1:7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

16:2 That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.

achduke

Why of course there were people in the Body before Paul - the Romans before Paul wrote them.

Romans:

1:6 Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:
1:7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

16:2 That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.
How many bodies do you believe there are? Many on this site do not believe that anyone was in the body of Christ before Paul.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's what Saul to Paul just did not Tet.

Post one Romans verse and toss in some Corinthians for good measure.

We know that all believers are in Christ at the time of believing Jesus is God's son.

It is Dispy's who are trying to interject their ideas into every scripture.

It's like jamming a puzzle piece in that does not go there.

The Dispy's have to have Paul being in Christ first.

When the Romans were in Christ does not have to be known to know Paul was not the first person to be in Christ.

What we have by Paul saying Andronicus and Junia were in Christ before him and that they were with the Apostles in the beginning, is the same as the U.S. dropping the 2 A bombs on Japan.

It destroys both cities in one fell swoop.

Paul being first theory and the two gospel theory.

Japan knew when to surrender because they saw it, our warfare is against the invisible forces that have taken our Dispensational brethren captive.

Kudos to Tet for firing up Paul's ole WW II bombers.

We'll sir name them Andronicus and Junia. :)

Yes sir.

Danoh

How many bodies do you believe there are? Many on this site do not believe that anyone was in the body of Christ before Paul.

Read it again; mine was a play on words - what I said was that the Romans were in the Body before Paul wrote Romans.

I was joking with Tel, because though I hold to Mid-Acts more or less, and he does not, he and I do hold that the Romans were in the Body before Paul wrote Romans.

Many within Mid-Acts hold the view that the Romans were in the Body before Paul wrote Romans.

Those within Mid-Acts who do not are a minority. It is not a wide spread view.

And, no, I am not saying that as a proof about the Romans one way or another.

Just relating that the view that the Romans were not in the Body before Paul wrote Romans is not held by all within Mid-Acts.

This "Romans Out" position is relatively new.

As with any school of thought, there are bound to be differences in understanding on some things within a same school.

Each side has their understanding and it's basis.

Each side has their share of those who are tolerant of others who do not hold their view, and each has their share of those who are not.

Anyway, hope that sheds some much needed awareness of these three or four points.

achduke

Read it again; mine was a play on words - what I said was that the Romans were in the Body before Paul wrote Romans.

I was joking with Tel, because though I hold to Mid-Acts more or less, and he does not, he and I do hold that the Romans were in the Body before Paul wrote Romans.

Many within Mid-Acts hold the view that the Romans were in the Body before Paul wrote Romans.

Those within Mid-Acts who do not are a minority. It is not a wide spread view.

And, no, I am not saying that as a proof about the Romans one way or another.

Just relating that the view that the Romans were not in the Body before Paul wrote Romans is not held by all within Mid-Acts.

This "Romans Out" position is relatively new.

As with any school of thought, there are bound to be differences in understanding on some things within a same school.

Each side has their understanding and it's basis.

Each side has their share of those who are tolerant of others who do not hold their view, and each has their share of those who are not.

Anyway, hope that sheds some much needed awareness of these three or four points.
It is interesting to see your view differs although you say that Romans out of the body is the minority I think in this site from what I gather it is in the majority for Mid-Acts. Now all you have to see is that we are all one body in Israel. ;)

Last edited:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Sure you do.

You assert that Paul issues tickets to the body of Christ and in order to do that you have to make Jesus a liar when he said nobody comes to me except the Father draw him.

Those who know truth know only the Father issues those.

Now run to the false trinity doctrine to say Jesus is God to save your ego.