ECT Did the Body of Christ Really Begin in Acts 2?

Danoh

The name of one of Cheryl Crow's top songs is the best advice I could give to you MADists:

"A CHANGE WOULD DO YOU GOOD"

Not to worry, as the immortal Sam Cook put it...

It's been a long, a long time coming...
But I know a change gon' come, oh yes it will.

And oh yes it will - 1 Cor. 15: 51, 52 :)

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I think 1 brain did too much acid in the 70s and 80s.

I will concede that some were proselytes and others had attended synagogue enough to know the law.

My point is..........

Being a Jewish proselyte did not get them into the congregation which is the nation of Israel.

Nor did it even make them of the House of Judah.

They were Gentiles.

When they became believers in Christ they were grafted into Israel.

Only then did they become partakers of the tree.

Before that they thought their prosperity was in the Jewish religion.

All this did was make it easier for Paul to explain the operation of God to them.

Paul also explained to them who they were in Christ.

That is, citizens in God's Israel, which is the great congregation.

They had no special status in the congregation by being Jewish proselytes, or knowing the law.

Not only that, Paul's letter to them did not give them some special ticket into the imaginary body of Christ invented by Dispy's.

Israel is the body of Christ.

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I will concede that some were proselytes and others had attended synagogue enough to know the law.

My point is..........

Being a Jewish proselyte did not get them into the congregation which is the nation of Israel.

Nor did it even make them of the House of Judah.

They were Gentiles.

When they became believers in Christ they were grafted into Israel.

Only then did they become partakers of the tree.

Before that they thought their prosperity was in the Jewish religion.

All this did was make it easier for Paul to explain the operation of God to them.

Paul merely explained to them who they were.

That is, citizens in God's Israel, which is the great congregation.

They had no special status in the congregation by being proselytes, or knowing the law.

Not only that, Paul's letter to them did not give them some special ticket into the imaginary body of Christ invented by Dispy's.

Israel is the body of Christ.

:shocked: :think:

Jamie Gigliotti

How could they be? They had never heard the gospel of Christ!

Romans 1:11 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;

Romans 1:12 That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.

Romans 1:13 Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles.

Romans 1:14 I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise.

Romans 1:15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Some had faith, it's conjecture to think it's not based on Christ and His cleansing work.
Paul was seeking to assist in the Spiritual growth of people of the faith there and to also add to there numbers.

Paul goes to great lengths to spell out intellectually the theological underpinnings of Christ. And also that there is one way for all.

What are you afraid of? Be honest. Do you think Grace means your actions are of no consequence?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and how could Jews be " in CHRIST " before Paul ??

Paul tells us of two Jews who were in Christ before he was:

(Rom 16:7) Greet Andronicus and Junia, my fellow Jews who have been in prison with me. They are outstanding among the apostles, and they were in Christ before I was.

The first people "in Christ" were Jews.

When Christ Jesus asked Paul on the road to Damascus.... "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?"....it was Jews in Christ who Saul had been persecuting.

SaulToPaul 2

Acts 18
24 And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.

25 This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.

Apollos, another who was neither in Peter's church nor in the Body of Christ, but yet believed Jesus was the Christ.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As I have answered you before several times, I do not see them in any "program" yet.

How can that be?

You guys only have two gospels (circumcision & uncircumcision)

How could people "in Christ" not be in one of your programs?

How could people be "in Christ" without having the gospel preached to them?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Who says the Romans were in Christ, before Paul finished with them?

Paul does:

(Rom 16:7) Greet Andronicus and Junia, my fellow Jews who have been in prison with me. They are outstanding among the apostles, and they were in Christ before I was.

Not only were Andronicus and Junia in Christ before Paul, they were imprisoned for their faith.

What kind of faith would they have to have to go to prison?

The only people that were put in prison for their faith, at that time, were Christians.

SaulToPaul 2

Paul does:

Not only were Andronicus and Junia in Christ before Paul, they were imprisoned for their faith.

What kind of faith would they have to have to go to prison?

The only people that were put in prison for their faith, at that time, were Christians.

where?

Romans 16
16 I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:

2 That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.

3 Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus:

4 Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles.

5 Likewise greet the church that is in their house. Salute my well-beloved Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia unto Christ.