ECT Did the Body of Christ Really Begin in Acts 2?

Danoh

heir dodges more questions than any poster on TOL.

Here is just a sampling of questions heir has dodged over the years:

1) Who were the other sheep not of this fold? (John 10:16)

2) What great nations did the descendants of Manasseh and Ephraim become? (Gen 48:19)

3) Who was the olive tree, who was broken off, and who was grafted in? (Rom 11)

4) What group were the Romans in before Paul preached to them? (Rom 1)

Nope, with PERHAPS the exception of # 2 a question the answer to which no one agrees on, heir and company have addressed... and addressed...

And adressed... those questions on here often.

Still, thanks for the show, ur "shew," you have set in motion.

"Popcorn! Peanuts! Crow!"

:rotfl:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It is also interesting that he doubted Jesus' resurrection. Do you think that might have contributed to his being absent?

Probably, but it was used to make a point because Jesus repeated what Thomas had said when Jesus was not there with Thomas.

There are no holes or wounds in Jesus resurrected body.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
heir dodges more questions than any poster on TOL.

Here is just a sampling of questions heir has dodged over the years:

1) Who were the other sheep not of this fold? (John 10:16)

2) What great nations did the descendants of Manasseh and Ephraim become? (Gen 48:19)

3) Who was the olive tree, who was broken off, and who was grafted in? (Rom 11)

4) What group were the Romans in before Paul preached to them? (Rom 1)

Good questions.

Musterion might have a crack at answering them.

LA

Danoh

To heck with patience for them to return to answer, here Tel, or, in your case "here tell," lol

Here, some crow; just for you, bro - posts 7 and 8 on the link below.

And just for you; three chefs - Nick, STP and, drum role please... Ladies and Gentlemen her "heiress herself - "heirrrrrr!"

Hah! Eat hearty, Tel.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98401

Of course, you have a few cop outs already brewing, don't you?

:rotfl:

DAN P

I have said many times that who the Romans were, by itself, proves MAD wrong.

Not to mention that Paul tells us Andronicus and Junia were "in Christ" before he was:

(Rom 16:7) Greet Andronicus and Junia, my fellow Jews who have been in prison with me. They are outstanding among the apostles, and they were in Christ before I was.

Hi and how could Jews be " in CHRIST " before Paul ??

I Gal 3:28 all believers ARE , " in Christ " and the Greek word ESTE means when all are PLACED into the Body of Christ , tou are ALWAYS " in Christ " as it is a verb in the PRESENT TENSE of Continuous Action and are always "in Christ " FOREVER !!

Paul is the ONLY one that writes about what it means to be " in Christ " some 111 times !!.

Just you you know that there are NO Jews or GENTILES in the Body as all LOSE their Identity " in Christ !!

dan p

Danoh

Post #14 in the link below:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4303942

Several posts by them, read several pages:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58704&page=17

I don't agree with them on this (John W does appear to hold the view I hold about Rom. 2:17, though), but that is no cause to misrepresent them by asserting they have never explained their view or it's basis, Tel.

You, of all people, should know better - you were in on their posts way back when...

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You izz trippin'.

These were not Gentile proselytes to Judaism.

These folks were Christ believers, who by being such, became fellow citizens of God's Israel.

Some of the citizens of natural Israel got broken off.

Paul said if they didnt remain in unbelief they could be graffed back in.

These Gentile believers could also get snipped for high mindedness.

That's BOC members Heir.

You would do well to understand that he didn't tell them guys that they couldn't be graffed back in.

Tribulation is a good thing, Paul and the 12 were a fulfillment of prophecy.

They as well as those they preached to were set up as a spectacle for our learning.

Paul's gone, there's nobody here to pick up the lack of suffering.

Yer a citizen of God's Israel Heir.

Do you know the king?

Knowing Him is Salvation.

Very true.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Peter is not speaking to the Body of Christ

Matthew 10:5-6 KJV

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Peter was speaking to---

1Pe 1:1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
1Pe 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
1Pe 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
1Pe 1:4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
1Pe 1:5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

LA

Danoh

No. The circumcision was no ritual, and was given because of his faith, not because Abraham had relied on his own strength.

Gen 17:9 And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations.
Gen 17:10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
Gen 17:11 And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.

Again no, that is wrong.

God made a covenant with Abraham to bless his offspring who Abraham was told to teach the faith to.

Gen 17:14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

Christs death bought this covenant to an end forever.

No.

When Christ died the covenant God made with Abraham to bless his flesh was finished.

There are many verses showing that God had fulfilled all the promises God had made to Abrahams flesh.

Neh 9:7 Thou art the LORD the God, who didst choose Abram, and broughtest him forth out of Ur of the Chaldees, and gavest him the name of Abraham;
Neh 9:8 And foundest his heart faithful before thee, and madest a covenant with him to give the land of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Jebusites, and the Girgashites, to give it, I say, to his seed, and hast performed thy words; for thou art righteous:

Neh 9:23 Their children also multipliedst thou as the stars of heaven, and broughtest them into the land, concerning which thou hadst promised to their fathers, that they should go in to possess it.
Neh 9:24 So the children went in and possessed the land, and thou subduedst before them the inhabitants of the land, the Canaanites, and gavest them into their hands, with their kings, and the people of the land, that they might do with them as they would.
Neh 9:25 And they took strong cities, and a fat land, and possessed houses full of all goods, wells digged, vineyards, and oliveyards, and fruit trees in abundance: so they did eat, and were filled, and became fat, and delighted themselves in thy great goodness.

Paul makes all this clear in Galations , and never did he teach that one must be only of the flesh of Abraham to be in the Israel of God.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

If you read Gen ch 17 correctly then you will see the two covenants not the one, and the second one is now dead forever.

LA

Nope and nope.

Isaac was promised in Gen. 12. Abe did his own thing in Gen. 16. The result? Ishmael.

Circumcision was given after that, in Gen. 17.

Know of anyone in Scripture who writes of "no confidence in the flesh" and in relation to what?

Fact is, we each look at these things from where we each do.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
To heck with patience for them to return to answer, here Tel, or, in your case "here tell," lol

Here, some crow; just for you, bro - posts 7 and 8 on the link below.

None of those posts say which group the Romans were in before they allegedly entered into the BOC.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't agree with them on this (John W does appear to hold the view I hold about Rom. 2:17, though), but that is no cause to misrepresent them by asserting they have never explained their view or it's basis, Tel.

You, of all people, should know better - you were in on their posts way back when...

One more time Danoh.

MAD claims there were two gospels and two groups of people (kingdom & body)

So, if the Romans weren't in the "body" group until Paul preached to them, and they weren't in the "kingdom" group, then what is the third group?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Very true.

LA

Yes.

While most of those Paul was writing to had been former converts to Judaism, they had only been members of the congregation since believing in Christ.

The nation of Israel is the congregation.

Christ's congregation (church or his body as Paul referred to it) is the nation of Israel.

This congregation nation's citizenship is based soley on belief in Christ.

These Gentiles then were never in the olive tree until they believed in Christ.

The natural born citizens of Israel, the olive tree, were exiled.

God has pruned and grafted Israel to His liking.

Since those Gentiles were not grafted in until the natural branches were broken off, all Gentile believers were grafted into the tree.

The tree is Israel.

Israel is the congregation.

The congregation is the body of Christ.

Danoh

One more time Danoh.

So, if the Romans weren't in the "body" group until Paul preached to them, and they weren't in the "kingdom" group, then what is the third group?

Hah; you're answering their answer but walking right past it.

Man, the more you go round on this one, the more it's getting like when all those birds in that Hitchcock movie gradually begin to converge.

Man o man when John W, heir, STP et al get back from their brief respite from going back and forth with you - lol - caw - caw - caw!

Good - deeve - ning, lol

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
One more time Danoh.

unbelievers

Danoh

(Rom 1:8) First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being reported all over the world.

I don't think unbelievers would have their faith reported all over the world.

This just in - "More crows have gathered..."

Lol

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Romans 2:17 Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God,

IOW: proselyte,

Romans 2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

The Romans were Gentiles (Romans 11:13 KJV) that were partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Romans 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

And that, before being established into the BoC by Paul's gospel.

I have every reason to believe the Romans became mebers of the BoC, but they weren't at the writing of the letter. If they were, there could have been no "cut off" language concerning them nor the need to write that they be established by Paul's gospel in the first place. If anyone is "trippin" it's you!

I think 1 brain did too much acid in the 70s and 80s.