Did Christ know He was fully God?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Here is the correct translation.
Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: And the government shall be upon his shoulders: And he shall be called Wonderful Counselor of the Mighty God and Everlasting Father; (שַׂר / minister-ing) in peace.

שַׂר minister
Nope. The translation I used is the correct translation.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I like the quote from Jesus: “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.””

I think the term God in Timothy refers to all the deities as God.

This is better than denying the deity of Jesus, but your idea of "three deities" is incorrect. God is one single and only deity, yet manifested in three persons (personas), interrelated in time to specific purposes.

God is one (monotheism), but interacts with us as a Trinity, from our human perspective.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Here is the correct translation.
Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: And the government shall be upon his shoulders: And he shall be called Wonderful Counselor of the Mighty God and Everlasting Father; (שַׂר / minister-ing) in peace.

שַׂר minister

makes perfect sense, thank you.

oatmeal

This is better than denying the deity of Jesus, but your idea of "three deities" is incorrect. God is one single and only deity, yet manifested in three persons (personas), interrelated in time to specific purposes.

God is one (monotheism), but interacts with us as a Trinity, from our human perspective.

Says you but not the scriptures that God authored

I think God would know if He was actually three persons.

Evidently you know something about God that He doesn't

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I takes only one reading of "I can of myself do nothing" to understand what he meant.

It does not take a rocket scientist or a Biblical scholar or an adherent of a particular threeeology to understand it.

It is so simple and plain a fool not need err therein, yet the trinitarians here seem to less than fools.

They skip all simple and clear explanation.

oatmeal

excellent, except Jesus was a man but is Spirit now.

When we learn to appreciate the incredible accuracy of God's word as taught by The Way International we learn to appreciate the finest details of God's word

Note the word "is" in I Timothy 2:5

Who is the one mediator between God and men?

Note the word "is"

Present tense.

that one mediator is the man Christ Jesus

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Says you but not the scriptures that God authored

I think God would know if He was actually three persons.

Evidently you know something about God that He doesn't

Untrue. If you read well, I am also using "persons" more loosely than most here.

oatmeal

It's been obvious to me for three years that you can't read plain english. Every true believer here needs to stop interacting with unbelievers like you and then you unbelievers can post to each other, mired in error.

It is clear that you cannot read let alone comprehend let alone appreciate the simple statement of truth from Jesus Christ's own lips, "I can of myself do nothing"

It is clear that Jesus did not consider himself fully God, partially God nor God at all.

Once you start believing such simple words from the mouth of Jesus Christ, then you have actually learned something about who Jesus Christ is in relationship to his God and his Father and our God and our Father

By the way, since your name is Jane, are you a girl?

Last edited:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
When we learn to appreciate the incredible accuracy of God's word as taught by The Way International we learn to appreciate the finest details of God's word

Note the word "is" in I Timothy 2:5

Who is the one mediator between God and men?

Note the word "is"

Present tense.

that one mediator is the man Christ Jesus

I don't know about that because man cannot live in heaven which where Jesus is now. Jesus was a Man on earth. I think that is what Paul is talking about.

oatmeal

I like the quote from Jesus: “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.””

There is compelling evidence besides the whole of scripture that the phrase "in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" was an early scribal modification to the text.

There is not record in scripture of the first century apostles or believers ever carrying that out.

Scripture does speak frequently of being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ

Ah, I just saw that Cherubam covered the subject quite well.

oatmeal

Untrue. If you read well, I am also using "persons" more loosely than most here.

We have no right to loosely use words that God uses with perfect precision

God knows what He is talking about and completely and perfectly so

We as Christian believers need to really believe that.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
We have no right to loosely use words that God uses with perfect precision

God knows what He is talking about and completely and perfectly so

We as Christian believers need to really believe that.

Get off your soapbox and come down to reality. You are not the all perfect Biblical interpreter.

oatmeal

I don't know about that because man cannot live in heaven which where Jesus is now. Jesus was a Man on earth. I think that is what Paul is talking about.

The man Christ Jesus is. However, your point is correct in that man in his present form could not or cannot live in heaven. However, note that Jesus Christ had a new body after God raised him from the dead. A new human body that can live in the heavens

Note Philippians 3:20-21

When Jesus Christ comes for us, I Thessalonians 4:13-18, he will change the nature of our body from vile to a form like unto his glorious body

What a great hope we have! My present body is getting old and not as strong as it has been. I have the expectation of a new body to look forward to!

A body like unto his glorious body!

oatmeal

They skip all simple and clear explanation.

Yes, truth need not be complicated at all. There may be many intricate details in a truth but truth is quite simple.

Religion and theology and denominational doctrines are complicated, but truth is not

John 8:32

oatmeal

Get off your soapbox and come down to reality. You are not the all perfect Biblical interpreter.

I know better than to interpret the Bible

The written word, the written logos of God is true without my interpretation.

Any man's or woman's interpretation is wrong from the outset. II Peter 1:20

As soon as anyone attempts to interpret scripture they are wrong and have already tainted scripture, if that were possible for the word of God lives and abides forever it is a true and pure word, Psalm 12:6

Why not simply believe what is written?

"I can of myself do nothing"

oatmeal

You might want to ask yourself sometime

IF Jesus is God then why would "all authority in heaven and on earth" have to be given to him?

If Jesus was God would he not already have that?

For that matter, what greater God delegated that authority to him?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yes, truth need not be complicated at all. There may be many intricate details in a truth but truth is quite simple.

Religion and theology and denominational doctrines are complicated, but truth is not

John 8:32

Indeed. they make simple doctrine complicated to divide the Church, it seems.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The man Christ Jesus is. However, your point is correct in that man in his present form could not or cannot live in heaven. However, note that Jesus Christ had a new body after God raised him from the dead. A new human body that can live in the heavens

Note Philippians 3:20-21

When Jesus Christ comes for us, I Thessalonians 4:13-18, he will change the nature of our body from vile to a form like unto his glorious body

What a great hope we have! My present body is getting old and not as strong as it has been. I have the expectation of a new body to look forward to!

A body like unto his glorious body!

He changed back to Spiritual Body, it seems.