Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

noguru

Dear noguru,

Where are you? Congrats on winning that Bronze Membership. Do you know who gave it to you yet?? I can't wait to hear all of the details. Somebody out there thinks you're special, and of course, you ARE!!!

In Christ's Love,

Michael

Thanks Michael.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Was that your argument? That mutations happen? Mutations do happen, and you could say indirectly they are caused by the movement of heat.
Indirectly? Then what is the direct cause?

Oh, and one more question. How many mutations need to take place for mutational load to occur?

Last edited:

Stuu

Or it is just eternal? I have no problem with that. Though I choose to believe there is a deeper purpose behind it all. I call that purpose "God".
The nature of space-time led to inflation from a singularity. We live in the part of the life of the universe that allows atoms to exist as such. Hundreds of billions of years from now this will not be possible because the universe will have been eaten by black holes, which will themselves eventually evaporate as matter spreads out until there are no more energy differences and the universe has nothing happening in it that would be worth mentioning. So says the version of the universe that ends in entropy death. Doesn't sound very 'eternal' to me. And seems a perverse way to exercise a 'deeper purpose' when the end state is thermodynamic stalemate.

Still, it's fabulous to be here to theorise thus!

Stuart

noguru

The nature of space-time led to inflation from a singularity. We live in the part of the life of the universe that allows atoms to exist as such. Hundreds of billions of years from now this will not be possible because the universe will have been eaten by black holes, which will themselves eventually evaporate as matter spreads out until there are no more energy differences and the universe has nothing happening in it that would be worth mentioning. So says the version of the universe that ends in entropy death.

Stuart

The basic components appear to be eternal, even in the face of all those facts. And the universe itself seems to be those basic components in flux. They seem to be flowing/dynamic, rather than static/stagnant. So there is no reason to accept that they will ever become static/stagnant.

Ben Masada

Maybe nature created nature.

Stuart

And Logic has been vandalized. Why? Because if nature created nature, it had to exist to create itself. Since it already existed, it did not have to create itself because it already existed. Conclusion? Nature could not have created nature. Simple Logic.

Stuu

And Logic has been vandalized. Why? Because if nature created nature, it had to exist to create itself. Since it already existed, it did not have to create itself because it already existed. Conclusion? Nature could not have created nature. Simple Logic.
You could take two different senses of the word nature, though, couldn't you. The nature of space time created the things we call nature.

I realise that is perilously close to equivocation. But hey, that's what Stripe said "evolutionists do", so I shouldn't disappoint him, right?

Stuart

Stuu

The basic components appear to be eternal, even in the face of all those facts. And the universe itself seems to be those basic components in flux. They seem to be flowing/dynamic, rather than static/stagnant. So there is no reason to accept that they will ever become static/stagnant.
There is the Second Law of Thermodynamics, which appears to be pretty robust. Things are definitely winding down as matter/energy spreads. That can't go on for what most people would imagine "eternity" to be.

Stuart

noguru

There is the Second Law of Thermodynamics, which appears to be pretty robust. Things are definitely winding down as matter/energy spreads. That can't go on for what most people would imagine "eternity" to be.

Stuart

I am not debating the SLoT. But there are other factors to consider.

Do you know what is proposed to happen in the singularity of a black hole?

Do you realize that the Big Bang is proposed to be the result of singularity doing the reverse/inverse of what singularities in a black hole do?

noguru

You could take two different senses of the word nature, though, couldn't you. The nature of space time created the things we call nature.

I realise that is perilously close to equivocation. But hey, that's what Stripe said "evolutionists do", so I shouldn't disappoint him, right?

Stuart

So in other words, nature is eternal.

Status
Not open for further replies.